Home Automation Enthusiasts

AsusEpoxy

Master Member
Reaction score
Happen to stumble upon this new interesting review on https://www.cnx-software.com/2018/03/04/sonoff-s31-review/ , wonder when are they going to provide the EU faceplace/plug type .

Sonoff-S31.jpg
]

thats why they have the s20 isn't it?

233mmx

Reaction score
but needs it to use alexa e control cannot use alexa

you have 2 options:

1) IHC--skill--Alexa

2) E-Control--RM Plugin--Alexa

Like I said I've read poor reviews for IHC app. It seems only to work with Alexa under very limited conditions, i.e. only if your Alexa devices are registered in US, and only for TV remote.

Sorry I can't assist any further as I've not tried it myself. Hopefully other enthusiasts here who got it working can help you out

shacboi

Reaction score
you have 2 options:

1) IHC--skill--Alexa

2) E-Control--RM Plugin--Alexa

Like I said I've read poor reviews for IHC app. It seems only to work with Alexa under very limited conditions, i.e. only if your Alexa devices are registered in US, and only for TV remote.

Sorry I can't assist any further as I've not tried it myself. Hopefully other enthusiasts here who got it working can help you out

but needs it to use alexa e control cannot use alexa

Hi,
im using RM pro3 with IHC app, to communicate to Alexa . Yes, my amazon/Alexa settings are all US. and also yes, currently in order to 'talk' to Alexa via IHC, only TV remote template can be used, you can configure your ON/OFF button of RF/IR switch to be TV template 'ON" button.

as for how to do it, please kindly search paul hibbert youtube video, he has done a great job on Broadlink products.

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oooooooo soo if want control my kdk fan and aircon how ah lol

Ryehan

Reaction score
Hi anyone using smart switch thats requires neutral? I just bought some sonoff light switch and just realised my bto dont have a neutral wire. Any solutions to this? Or i have just wasted buying 4 switches..

shacboi

Reaction score
Hi anyone using smart switch thats requires neutral? I just bought some sonoff light switch and just realised my bto dont have a neutral wire. Any solutions to this? Or i have just wasted buying 4 switches..

Hi Ryehan, Yes... BTO/HDB apartments doesnt have neutral wire, unless u ask ur contractor/electrician to add when reno.

think u can put up for sale or trade with non-neutral wire RF switches such as Yoogee, broadlink TC2, Livolo....

AsusEpoxy

Master Member
Reaction score

you have just wasted your money unless you are prepared to waste more money to get a electrician to pull neutral lines to every switch.

233mmx

Reaction score
On a separate note, there's ongoing promotion for Alexa products in Amazon US. May be a good time to stock up. I've been itching to try Echo Spot.

shacboi

Reaction score
you have just wasted your money unless you are prepared to waste more money to get a electrician to pull neutral lines to every switch.

Not an electrical engineer but I think the code of practice in Singapore for electrical works do not require the neutral wire

Hi Ryehan,

yesterday i was chatting with a friend , and mentioned bout neutral and non-neutral wall switches, somehow my friend mentioned that if our house doesn't have the neutral wire, it is still usable (you probably don;t get full functions like feedback staus?), meaning you can connect your LIVE wire to L input, and the bulb(null) wire to the relevant input and leave Neutral input unconnected.

DISCLAIMER: i never try before and not sure will have any issue to the switch or circuit breaker, think you may need to seek professional's advice if it is do-able so as not to waste the switches u just purchases. Thanks.

Aditshar

Reaction score
You can use it but it wont work properly.
Best solution for home automation is to use RM pro hub and TC2 switches. If you are on android phone, make use of google assistant for voice control. That is the cheapest option.

mesab0ogie

Reaction score
Hey guys, a quick question for those using Livolo or other RF switches with Broadlink RM pro. Will you be able to get a status feedback from the switch? Meaning if someone turns on the light manually using the switch, will it reflect in the app that the light is turned on? And if you turn off the light in the app from outside of your house, will you know for sure the lights have been turned off?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.