Home Automation Enthusiasts

Aditshar

Reaction score
Nope there is no status feedback. That why some of is opt for ipcam to overcome that issue.

Hey guys, a quick question for those using Livolo or other RF switches with Broadlink RM pro. Will you be able to get a status feedback from the switch? Meaning if someone turns on the light manually using the switch, will it reflect in the app that the light is turned on? And if you turn off the light in the app from outside of your house, will you know for sure the lights have been turned off?

AsusEpoxy

Master Member
Reaction score
wifi_uk_power_strip_with_usb_ports_control_using_app_or_voice_control_using_google_assistant_or_alex_1521465354_028e75f9.jpg

just bought a wifi smart power strip. Can individually control 3 plugs and usb charging. Comparatively much better value than those single plug (Sonoff S20) solution.
Using Voice control using google home. Awesome

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wifi_uk_power_strip_with_usb_ports_control_using_app_or_voice_control_using_google_assistant_or_alex_1521465354_028e75f9.jpg

just bought a wifi smart power strip. Can individually control 3 plugs and usb charging. Comparatively much better value than those single plug (Sonoff S20) solution.
Using Voice control using google home. Awesome

Where u got it?

shacboi

Reaction score
For those using rf wall switches with no feedback, here's a way to add wifi/bluetooth admin panel control with feedback. Any of u want to try?

https://youtu.be/LNEE9tjnHR8

(in the video i think the guy using Livolo rf switch)

Last edited:

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Managed to find it. Found another one with 6 sockets in ebay but $90

shacboi

Reaction score

Ryehan

Reaction score
Where u got it?

I got mine for $36

.aliexpress.com/item/UK-WiFi-Smart-Socket-Multi-function-Alexa-Voice-Control-Smart-Power-Strip-4-USB-Ports-Wireless/32845149183.html?shortkey=2ayai2EF&addresstype=600

AsusEpoxy

Master Member
Reaction score
HTML:
the $90 has 6 sockets. How many is urs?

mine has 3, personally i feel its just nice. 6 sockets will take up too much space and have many stuff connected..too messy. 6 sockets for me will belong to TV cabinet home theater usage only

233mmx

Reaction score
So far my experience with app control is good. I can't say the same with voice control. Sometimes Alexa can misunderstand my accent and carry out the wrong command.

My wife gets fed up whenever Alexa hears her wrongly and complains to me that she's getting deaf :s13:

Hey guys, a quick question for those using Livolo or other RF switches with Broadlink RM pro. Will you be able to get a status feedback from the switch? Meaning if someone turns on the light manually using the switch, will it reflect in the app that the light is turned on? And if you turn off the light in the app from outside of your house, will you know for sure the lights have been turned off?

AsusEpoxy

Master Member
Reaction score

Done with my door. Next up, integration between the different platforms (broadlink, mi home, smartthings) :D

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score

Done with my door. Next up, integration between the different platforms (broadlink, mi home, smartthings) :D

Looking forward to how you will successfully integrate Broadlink and Mi Home specifically. Since IFTTT just could not work with Broadlink. Resulting in me having to say multiple commands instead of 1 command to Alexa to get things done. :(

shacboi

Reaction score

Looking forward to how you will successfully integrate Broadlink and Mi Home specifically. Since IFTTT just could not work with Broadlink. Resulting in me having to say multiple commands instead of 1 command to Alexa to get things done. :(

Hi AsusEpoxy, that's AUGUST door lock ? got app using bluetooth to open also right ?

how much u bought the lock ? easy to sell install ? :s13:

Yea, just lik LiLAsN, looking forward to your other integrations. you tinking of a main control panel to control all ur devices ?? that will be cool, but with broadlink products will be near-impssobile.

anyway saw Hibbert's video on doing a simple DIY panel with broadlink stuffs(no status feedback though). looks interesting, can be a main panel in ur home so anybody can jus click, esp guests or people dat find it difficult to use voice cmds. https://youtu.be/GxpG8G21was

Right now I only using Broadlink products.

Last edited:

AsusEpoxy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi AsusEpoxy, that's AUGUST door lock ? got app using bluetooth to open also right ?

how much u bought the lock ? easy to sell install ? :s13:

Yea, just lik LiLAsN, looking forward to your other integrations. you tinking of a main control panel to control all ur devices ?? that will be cool, but with broadlink products will be near-impssobile.

anyway saw Hibbert's video on doing a simple DIY panel with broadlink stuffs(no status feedback though). looks interesting, can be a main panel in ur home so anybody can jus click, esp guests or people dat find it difficult to use voice cmds. https://youtu.be/GxpG8G21was

Right now I only using Broadlink products.

yeah bro, that's August! it's easy to install ONLY if your door is compatible. Can use bluetooth, but why use bluetooth when you have Z wave! :D Strictly deadbolts and no mortise hor.
I am not really expanding into broadlink because like what Hibbert says, they are screwing everyone up. haha..yup.. i have a mind to use an old tablet for a control panel!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.