HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Home Automation Enthusiasts

Like Tree95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2018, 05:31 PM   #211

I badly want to use Alexa with our Eufy vacuum but sadly, they aren't compatible. This is one thing I'm most disappointed about. I should have gone for Alexa compatible devices.
Which model are you using? Robovac 11?

They have a model Robovac 11c (not available in SG afaik) that can integrate with Alexa via a skill

Coincidentally I am using Eufy Robovac 11 and I can use Alexa to control it but through Broadlink RM Pro & RM Plugin
JakiBOii likes this.
Old 22-02-2018, 05:36 PM   #212

Hi
Im not capable to set up.
Prefer look for ppl to do it.
would you selling your services since you have experience and suceeded in setting up?
maybe it's time to assemble a DIY HA team to help out fellow HWZers
Old 22-02-2018, 10:39 PM   #213
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys,

any of u managed to link google home with Broadlink IHC?
I tried the process, but it just dont add.

In my IHC app, under the Voice Service, there are only tmall & Alexa. No Google. Does urs have Google?

Last edited by evq; 22-02-2018 at 10:46 PM..
evq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 10:47 PM   #214

sumbody, i do know a group of friends who are working on this. could you PM me so i can provide you their contacts?
domo_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 08:56 AM   #215

maybe it's time to assemble a DIY HA team to help out fellow HWZers
yes, would love this idea..
have seen quotes like over $2k for smart home automation services
I do believe strongly in being more tech-advanced in our household...
but in SG its so complicated and ex
the awareness is not there
I rather pay for this than some dumb reno cost
in long run, i prob save more... cos my maid & kids keep forgetting to switch off stuff

Last edited by smiggleprincess; 23-02-2018 at 09:01 AM..
smiggleprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 09:05 AM   #216

the awareness in not there
when you pay a fee, the service provider is obliged to deliver the end product to your satisfaction. I suspect bulk of the fees is manpower, not equipment. So far my DIY HA projects don't even add up to $1k but countless hours and late nights spent troubleshooting

let's see if the other fellow enthusiasts are keen on this idea but you should start doing your own research. The more you know, the less skeptical you will be
Old 23-02-2018, 09:20 AM   #217
Master Member

the awareness is not there
in long run, i prob save more... cos my maid & kids keep forgetting to switch off stuff
Actually the going rate currently is 3 to 4k , 2k is cheap. The HA landscape now is very varied and common standards are still being fought over and established. It is not easy to make all the devices talk seamlessly to one another and you are actually paying for the integration, not so much the hardware actually. The service provider is also liable to help you sort out problems which can happen when some of these smart devices self brick or stop working after some OTA update. This I doubt most of the bros here will not be able to do because its still hobby level.

Even for hardware I have spent quite abit. This weekend will be spent on integrating my August Smart Lock Pro to Smartthings. Hopefully can use voice to lock and open door.
shacboi likes this.
Old 23-02-2018, 02:33 PM   #218

Talking Paying for service

The service provider is also liable to help you sort out problems which can happen when some of these smart devices self brick or stop working after some OTA update. This I doubt most of the bros here will not be able to do because its still hobby level.
when you pay a fee, the service provider is obliged to deliver the end product to your satisfaction. I suspect bulk of the fees is manpower, not equipment. So far my DIY HA projects don't even add up to $1k but countless hours and late nights spent troubleshooting

let's see if the other fellow enthusiasts are keen on this idea but you should start doing your own research. The more you know, the less skeptical you will be
I agreed that need to at least readup/resaerch and know what u want to acheive too? cos there are many products out there , doing similiar, doing different things.. . i believe the salesperson u engage may only know the product that he is familiar , and it may not be the 'best' solution for u.

and i think real-life experiences of the smart devices then will make a person fully 'understand' how it works, i realise talking to people they may have difficulty visualising, or probably maybe they just not so into it perhaps.

abit lik reading a storybook and watch the story on movie screen is abit different. hah
233mmx and AsusEpoxy like this.

Last edited by shacboi; 23-02-2018 at 02:37 PM..
shacboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 05:10 PM   #219
Arch-Supremacy Member

anytips on pairing Sonoff, i seems to can't get mine to paired
Old 23-02-2018, 05:54 PM   #220

Hello, u pairing it with ? SONOFF using RF 433mhz, should be any issue with 433mhz remotes
shacboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 02:33 AM   #221

• pairing with the eWeLink app? follow the instructions in the app, pretty straightforward (just press the button for 5 secs till it flashes, pair it and input wifi password)
  • to integrate with Alexa, search for the skill "eWeLink Smart Home Fan" and link your eWeLink account with Alexa, discover new devices, that's it!

note that your device running the app has to be on the 2.4GHz wifi band, cos Sonoff (and most other HA devices) can only work in this band
Untamed likes this.

Last edited by 233mmx; 24-02-2018 at 02:35 AM..
233mmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 10:16 AM   #222

Yes, a Eufy robovac 11 I never knew that! Thanks for letting me know. I am definitely going to try that with my Eufy. By the way, how are your Eufy's batteries? I noticed mine's been needing sooner charging than anticipated. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Last edited by JakiBOii; 26-02-2018 at 04:47 PM..
JakiBOii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 12:42 PM   #223

My pleasure to be of help

In RM plugin, create a new Alexa device, use the learn code function to pair with the remote control (just ON and OFF controls are sufficient). save the new device and give it a name (I called mine ROBOT). Then ask Alexa to discover new devices and you're done!

To further automate it instead of voice control, set a routine to turn it on at your preferred day and time. When the battery is low, it will self dock so there's no need to program to turn it off.

Yes, a Eufy robovac 11 I never knew that!!! Thanks for letting me know. I am definitely going to try that with my Eufy.
Old 24-02-2018, 12:47 PM   #224

I had mine for abt 4mths now, using it every other day. Each vacuum cycle time is abt 1hr50mins so far never seen it stop earlier than usual.

By the way, how are your Eufy's batteries? I noticed mine's been needing sooner charging than anticipated. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Old 24-02-2018, 03:43 PM   #225
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hello, u pairing it with ? SONOFF using RF 433mhz, should be any issue with 433mhz remotes
Wifi lor keep on cannot detect
ksapple is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.