HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Home Automation Enthusiasts

Like Tree95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2018, 09:51 AM   #256
Master Member

On a separate note, there's ongoing promotion for Alexa products in Amazon US. May be a good time to stock up. I've been itching to try Echo Spot.
group buy!!!
Old 13-03-2018, 11:11 AM   #257

Talking

you have just wasted your money unless you are prepared to waste more money to get a electrician to pull neutral lines to every switch.
Not an electrical engineer but I think the code of practice in Singapore for electrical works do not require the neutral wire
Hi anyone using smart switch thats requires neutral? I just bought some sonoff light switch and just realised my bto dont have a neutral wire. Any solutions to this? Or i have just wasted buying 4 switches..
Hi Ryehan,

yesterday i was chatting with a friend , and mentioned bout neutral and non-neutral wall switches, somehow my friend mentioned that if our house doesn't have the neutral wire, it is still usable (you probably don;t get full functions like feedback staus?), meaning you can connect your LIVE wire to L input, and the bulb(null) wire to the relevant input and leave Neutral input unconnected.

DISCLAIMER: i never try before and not sure will have any issue to the switch or circuit breaker, think you may need to seek professional's advice if it is do-able so as not to waste the switches u just purchases. Thanks.
shacboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 04:37 PM   #258

group buy!!!
I just placed an order last night for 2 echo spots and other misc stuff but keeping within SGD400 to avoid GST. ;P
Old 17-03-2018, 12:32 AM   #259

You can use it but it wont work properly.
Best solution for home automation is to use RM pro hub and TC2 switches. If you are on android phone, make use of google assistant for voice control. That is the cheapest option.

Hi anyone using smart switch thats requires neutral? I just bought some sonoff light switch and just realised my bto dont have a neutral wire. Any solutions to this? Or i have just wasted buying 4 switches..
Aditshar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 11:52 PM   #260

Hey guys, a quick question for those using Livolo or other RF switches with Broadlink RM pro. Will you be able to get a status feedback from the switch? Meaning if someone turns on the light manually using the switch, will it reflect in the app that the light is turned on? And if you turn off the light in the app from outside of your house, will you know for sure the lights have been turned off?
mesab0ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 12:54 AM   #261

Nope there is no status feedback. That why some of is opt for ipcam to overcome that issue.

Hey guys, a quick question for those using Livolo or other RF switches with Broadlink RM pro. Will you be able to get a status feedback from the switch? Meaning if someone turns on the light manually using the switch, will it reflect in the app that the light is turned on? And if you turn off the light in the app from outside of your house, will you know for sure the lights have been turned off?
Aditshar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 10:19 AM   #262
Master Member

just bought a wifi smart power strip. Can individually control 3 plugs and usb charging. Comparatively much better value than those single plug (Sonoff S20) solution.
Using Voice control using google home. Awesome
Old 20-03-2018, 11:54 AM   #263
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

just bought a wifi smart power strip. Can individually control 3 plugs and usb charging. Comparatively much better value than those single plug (Sonoff S20) solution.
Using Voice control using google home. Awesome
Where u got it?
evq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 11:58 PM   #264

For those using rf wall switches with no feedback, here's a way to add wifi/bluetooth admin panel control with feedback. Any of u want to try?

https://youtu.be/LNEE9tjnHR8

(in the video i think the guy using Livolo rf switch)

Last edited by shacboi; 21-03-2018 at 03:47 PM..
Old 24-03-2018, 11:22 AM   #265
Master Member

Where u got it?
alixpress have.. amazon also. its abit hard to find the UK style cos sg use UK...
Old 24-03-2018, 12:55 PM   #266
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

Managed to find it. Found another one with 6 sockets in ebay but $90
Old 24-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #267
Master Member

$90 SGD?? too exp la...i got for $50
Old 24-03-2018, 03:45 PM   #268

Talking

$90 SGD?? too exp la...i got for $50
Hi both, manage to browse in AliExpress, another for S$34+ but not sure is it the same,
3 sockets + 4 USB port.

UK WiFi Smart Socket Multi-function Alexa Voice Control Smart Power Strip 4 USB Ports Wireless APP Timing Switch Socket
http://s.aliexpress.com/2ayai2EF?fromSns=WhatsApp
Old 24-03-2018, 04:23 PM   #269
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

yeah , this is the one
Old 24-03-2018, 04:59 PM   #270
Master Member

Hi both, manage to browse in AliExpress, another for S$34+ but not sure is it the same,
3 sockets + 4 USB port.

UK WiFi Smart Socket Multi-function Alexa Voice Control Smart Power Strip 4 USB Ports Wireless APP Timing Switch Socket
http://s.aliexpress.com/2ayai2EF?fromSns=WhatsApp
Yup, plus shipping and conversion there abouts $50
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.