HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Home Automation Enthusiasts

Like Tree95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2018, 05:00 PM   #286
Master Member

I am pretty sure my voice range is around the same as bluetooth range. but that's not it. LOL. Google assistant is in everybody's phone right?
I do the voice command to my phone in normal volume.
Phone->Internet->Home ->Smartthings-> Lock

arr... thanks for the heads-up on BT lag issue, i tink lik u said, the smartphone now will actualli kill some app in backgrd to save memory or watever, but there are some phones which u can disable which app 'not to kill' function. mayb that will help on this proximity unlock.

anyway u mentioned u using voice cmd to unlock ur door, at ur corridor u realli call out the command to open door ar, lol.

if got guest, will paisey leh. haha

i realise alot ppl have issue wit giving commands when guests/other ppl are ard.... sumtimes even myself.... when wanan demo to frds... it will cock-up, but when alone at home ... everything flawless, maybe is user problem also. haha

dats y now when demo to frds, i usualli jus demo with e-control app control (i'm using Broadlink RM PRO), or now got this 'coffee table ''control panel' to use..... don't want to confuse them too much, show them Alexa voice cmd to turn on lights then all will confused, that one is another level if they interested.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:03 PM   #287

Talking

I am pretty sure my voice range is around the same as bluetooth range. but that's not it. LOL. Google assistant is in everybody's phone right?
I do the voice command to my phone in normal volume.
Phone->Internet->Home ->Smartthings-> Lock
hahaha, sorry for a moment i thought u shouting to ur google-home in ur home. haha.

yea, google-assistant on hp, if want to be even more stealth mode, u just type 'open sesame' to your google-assistant chatbox oso will work. Nicee..
shacboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:19 PM   #288

EVQ - where did you find the $90 plug on eBay?

I just got the yeelights but don't find it bright enough.
LincmahL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:31 AM   #289

Talking

https://engt.co/2HciDMm

"alexa, announce 'dinner is ready'".... All ur home network connected echos will "echo" the message like a 1-way intercom.
LiLAsN likes this.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:13 AM   #290

This is an awesome update.

however are you using Android ?
got link to download the updated APK ? cant seems to find online yet.
Latest Alexa app for Android can be found in apkmirror but latest updates seems to be server end and does not require client end updates.

Intercom broadcast was also recently announced both I tried and working
shacboi likes this.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:48 AM   #291

Talking

Latest Alexa app for Android can be found in apkmirror but latest updates seems to be server end and does not require client end updates.

Intercom broadcast was also recently announced both I tried and working
Hi 233mmx, thanks.

i saw the apk online and the version was really similar to my existing therefore i thought there isnt any new apk, anyways downloaded and tried.

yea, both new routine & the broadcast function works . Nicee.e...
Old 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM   #292

Talking Kwikset KEVO 2nd Gen

Hi,

anybody here using Kwikset KEVO (2nd Gen) ? Reviews?

seems like the 1st Gen is buggy but 2nd Gen improves alot.

https://www.kwikset.com/products/det...o-2-db-15.aspx

Last edited by shacboi; 09-04-2018 at 03:01 PM..
Old 10-04-2018, 05:00 PM   #293

EVQ - where did you find the $90 plug on eBay?

I just got the yeelights but don't find it bright enough.
which yeelight did you get? im looking at the yeelight ceiling light. but website stated that the LED cannot be replaced. so spoil liao means must buy the whole thing again?
Old 11-04-2018, 12:12 AM   #294

Talking

yeah bro, that's August! it's easy to install ONLY if your door is compatible. Can use bluetooth, but why use bluetooth when you have Z wave! Strictly deadbolts and no mortise hor.
I am not really expanding into broadlink because like what Hibbert says, they are screwing everyone up. haha..yup.. i have a mind to use an old tablet for a control panel!!
Hi AsusEpoxy, wanna ask ur AUGUST smart lock 2nd gen, did you try the Bluetooth proximity unlock, how is it ? reliable ?
Old 11-04-2018, 08:47 AM   #295

article comparing AA and GH (hopefully unbiased)
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/amazon-e...88782261312771
Old 11-04-2018, 11:14 AM   #296
Master Member

Hi AsusEpoxy, wanna ask ur AUGUST smart lock 2nd gen, did you try the Bluetooth proximity unlock, how is it ? reliable ?
yo... i din try. Which is why I specifically got the 3rd Gen Pro version with Z wave cos i read the reviews the bluetooth unlock not reliable. So i didnt bother to try it. Its connected to Smartthings which means i am free to use ifttt instead for proximity unlock. Still prefer to use Google assistant to unlock though.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:26 AM   #297

Talking AUGUST smart lock

yo... i din try. Which is why I specifically got the 3rd Gen Pro version with Z wave cos i read the reviews the bluetooth unlock not reliable. So i didnt bother to try it. Its connected to Smartthings which means i am free to use ifttt instead for proximity unlock. Still prefer to use Google assistant to unlock though.
arrr... i see, i dun have z-wave... and is Android user, therefore this AUGUST 3rd Gen lock (oval-shape) is more appealing to me, plus it suppose to be cheaper. haha

if getting, most probably will be relying on its bluetooth proximity unlock for wife, and mayb i will use the app unlock or google-assistant too! (via Wifi bridge), thats why need ask bout the bluetooth part, i dunwan my wife to nag at me dat it dun work... hahah
Old 11-04-2018, 02:26 PM   #298
Master Member

arrr... i see, i dun have z-wave... and is Android user, therefore this AUGUST 3rd Gen lock (oval-shape) is more appealing to me, plus it suppose to be cheaper. haha

if getting, most probably will be relying on its bluetooth proximity unlock for wife, and mayb i will use the app unlock or google-assistant too! (via Wifi bridge), thats why need ask bout the bluetooth part, i dunwan my wife to nag at me dat it dun work... hahah
but the wifi bridge reviews are quite bad wor...i read many reviews that you almost have to literally place it beside the door
Old 13-04-2018, 06:40 AM   #299

Where does one buy August 3rd gen pro for local Z wave? I understand Z wave is different for US, EU and Singapore.
Epi_curean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 09:07 AM   #300
Master Member

Where does one buy August 3rd gen pro for local Z wave? I understand Z wave is different for US, EU and Singapore.
there is no pt buying local.even IDA is giving out confusing statements. Their official stand is to adopt Korean Z Wave, but existing Z wave locally is EU based. imo, just go US, they have the biggest market anyway. And as a manufacturer, you want to cater to the biggest market, so US is the way to go
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.