Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Home Automation Enthusiasts

Like Tree95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2018, 09:06 AM   #391

Some reality checks on what Alexa cannot do at the moment
Old 23-05-2018, 09:12 AM   #392
Master Member

Just found this forum with many interesting discussion. I had basically done up my own place using MiHome Aqara wall switches, YeeLight, Sensibo for aircon, Broadlink RM pro for ceiling fan. All integrated via Homebridge on Pi where i can control everything using Apple Home App and also Alexa.

Would be glad to share more if anyone interested.
i'll take you up on this offer!!! thanks in advance!!
Epi_curean likes this.
Old 23-05-2018, 09:13 AM   #393

Just found this forum with many interesting discussion. I had basically done up my own place using MiHome Aqara wall switches, YeeLight, Sensibo for aircon, Broadlink RM pro for ceiling fan. All integrated via Homebridge on Pi where i can control everything using Apple Home App and also Alexa.

may i ask if your setup is running offline? someone here is automating with pi offline so if internet is down, control of devices is not affected. thanks.
xelawtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2018, 02:58 AM   #394

Cool! How did u manage to get Xiaomi Aqara to work with Broadlink RM Pro? Cos I can't find a way like using FTTT to get the 2 to be used under 1 command like 'Alexa, turn on Home' resulting in Aqara switch turning on and then RM Pro to switch on the fan.

Please do share.
LiLAsN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2018, 09:09 AM   #395
Master Member

Cool! How did u manage to get Xiaomi Aqara to work with Broadlink RM Pro? Cos I can't find a way like using FTTT to get the 2 to be used under 1 command like 'Alexa, turn on Home' resulting in Aqara switch turning on and then RM Pro to switch on the fan.

Please do share.
actually what he means is using the pi to bridge them all up together
Old 27-05-2018, 01:32 PM   #396

Please do share.
Hello! i do know of a hub that can let aqara and broadlink to work together. LEt me know if you are still interested
domo_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 08:26 AM   #397
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys i seriously need help with my rm.

I have 3 currently all unable to setup.

When i add wifi it start from blinking fast till not blinking at all.

At first i tot i have a faulty unit so i bought 2 mre, after that same ting happen to both my rm pro + and rm mini.

Please help T.T

Ps. My dlink smrt plug also same, light turn green liao device still unable to add.

I have setup 3 diff wifi and 2vlan on my router. Am using unifi and edge router

But my xiaomi and vera all no issue

Last edited by ksapple; 28-05-2018 at 08:29 AM..
ksapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 10:50 AM   #398

Hi guys i seriously need help with my rm.

I have 3 currently all unable to setup.

When i add wifi it start from blinking fast till not blinking at all.

At first i tot i have a faulty unit so i bought 2 mre, after that same ting happen to both my rm pro + and rm mini.

Please help T.T

Ps. My dlink smrt plug also same, light turn green liao device still unable to add.

I have setup 3 diff wifi and 2vlan on my router. Am using unifi and edge router

But my xiaomi and vera all no issue
it seems the devices cannot see each other on your network. probably should look into your wifi network settings first before doing anything else for Home Automation setup.
Old 28-05-2018, 02:35 PM   #399
Arch-Supremacy Member

Guess need to check my wifi. But my xiao mi cams all working, just RM controller oni.

What should my wifi setting be??
Old 28-05-2018, 02:47 PM   #400
Master Member

Guess need to check my wifi. But my xiao mi cams all working, just RM controller oni.

perhaps for troubleshooting purposes, simplify things abit. Only keep 1 default wifi network and start from there?
Old 28-05-2018, 03:34 PM   #401
Arch-Supremacy Member

perhaps for troubleshooting purposes, simplify things abit. Only keep 1 default wifi network and start from there?
Done that, same ting happen. Know all left to do is change router haha, heng gt backup. If really is router problem i tink i will just sell away all my RM

Last edited by ksapple; 28-05-2018 at 03:38 PM..
Old 28-05-2018, 08:25 PM   #402

Your SSID has space or special character?

Use abc123 rather than abc 123 or abc_123.
shacboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 08:28 PM   #403
Arch-Supremacy Member

Your SSID has space or special character?

Use abc123 rather than abc 123 or abc_123.
My ssid iotwifi
Old 28-05-2018, 11:50 PM   #404

Talking

Newbie question,

Is there home automation that intranet only (home network based, no internet needed)? Is it easily setup for tablet (android preferably) ?

Other than lighting? What other useful automation do u guys set your system for?

Been interested doing automation, but if it is internet connected I'm worried about safety especially if using automated lock. Please share your setup usage
Hello Bogarden!

Our Singapore based team has been hard at work to create a smart home hub that integrates various local mainstream smart home brands (such as Xiaomi, Broadlink, Philips, TP-Link, Alexa, Google Home and more) into a single platform.

We have called this platform Home-A-Genius and we believe it is now ready for prime time.

Currently we're having a launch event to win a $800 discount off our All-in-One Smart Home PRO Package. Take a look at our Facebook for more!

Basically, the package will automate your ceiling lights/fan, air-conditioners and more. Easily voice control your smart devices from anywhere at home. Monitor and automatically record videos of your love ones or check on visitors at the main door with an IP Camera.

There are also several other interesting features that we offer, so feel free to check us out on our website and feedback us at any time.

PM us if you have any questions!

Cheers!
Home-A-Genius Team

Last edited by homeagenius; 29-05-2018 at 12:12 AM..
homeagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 01:26 AM   #405

Based on my past experience, the likely cause is because of your Wifi bands i.e. 2.4GHz and 5GHz

Most HA devices that I've seen are compatible only with 2.4GHz and up to 802.11g or n speeds

Through your router settings, configure separate SSIDs for both bands, connect your HA devices and other slower (802.11g/n) clients to the 2.4GHz band. 802.11ac clients should connect to your 5GHz band
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.