Home Automation Enthusiasts

sgbdk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not too sure how does your setup work but for me, I'm using as follows:
Voice -> GHM -> Blink RM Pro -> fan/aircon/tv/blink smart plug

If you're using the same set up as me, I'll try my best to help.

(The only Xiaomi product I have is the Mi Robot and I'm able to directly give it commands using my voice via my GHM.)

Hi

Thanks for your help, i was asked to edit the nickname of the device to what i wanted in google home app and say "turn on (nickname) but i could only turn the device on. When i say "turn off (nickname), google home mini does not understand

However i have another problem.
Heres my setup

Google home mini - bdlink rm pro - mitsubishi aircon and europace cooler fan

I was able to use google home mini to switch on the aircon but i couldnt find the europace cooler fan. Im using ihc app for bdlink rm pro which im able to detect the aircon and cooler fan but google home app only detect the aircon but not the cooler fan

Aditshar

Reaction score
Europace cooler fan may not be supported yet.
The alternative solution you can do is to create scene in ihc app.

Hi

Thanks for your help, i was asked to edit the nickname of the device to what i wanted in google home app and say "turn on (nickname) but i could only turn the device on. When i say "turn off (nickname), google home mini does not understand

Heres my setup

I was able to use google home mini to switch on the aircon but i couldnt find the europace cooler fan. Im using ihc app for bdlink rm pro which im able to detect the aircon and cooler fan but google home app only detect the aircon but not the cooler fan

tambaididi

Reaction score
Neutral wire and normal switch

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to pull neutral wire during my reno first, then change the smart switches later on?

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
Hi

Heres my setup

Okay, this is the first time I've heard about the nickname thing on GH app. Anyway, what Aditshar said is correct. For IR remote, GH app should be able to detect directly under home control once you sign into your Broadlink smart Home account and link it to your GH app.

But for RF remote control, it isn't so simple. My suggestion is you'll need to read up a bit more on how your whole setup works. First things first, have you watched any of Paul Hibbert's videos on YouTube? Start with this.

https://youtu.be/RoJHFzh971U

After that, if you still don't get it, you can PM me, I'll try to help you over the phone or something.

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
how much smart switch cost normally?

I got mine at $45 for a three gang non-neutral wire RF switch. You can go Lazada, AliExpress, Q10, Carousell to check it out. The price varies quite a bit, especially if you factor in coupons, promotion, card discount etc.

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Is it possible to pull neutral wire during my reno first, then change the smart switches later on?

Yes, it's possible, but like Asus said, it's cheaper and more convenient to do it together with your renovation. Unless you have reservation about the current technology, say you're waiting for price to stabilize, or reliability to improve, or even for Apple/Google to come up with their own smart wall switches etc, then yes, you can just pull the neutral wires and install the conventional wall switches first. Then in the future if you choose to change to smart switches you have the option to do so.

Last edited:

tambaididi

Reaction score
I got mine at $45 for a three gang non-neutral wire RF switch. You can go Lazada, AliExpress, Q10, Carousell to check it out. The price varies quite a bit, especially if you factor in coupons, promotion, card discount etc.

that's quite cheap as compare what i seen so far. easily reach $100 for 1 gang neutral wire switch. but those switches should be quite safe to use?

Yes, it's possible, but like Asus said, it's cheaper and more convenient to do it together with your renovation. Unless you have reservation about the current technology, say you're waiting for price to stabilize, or reliability to improve, or even for Apple/Google to come up with their own smart wall switches etc, then yes, you can just pull the neutral wires and install the conventional wall switches first. Then in the future if you choose to change to smart switches you have the option to do so.

will be it a hassle to pull the neutral wire afterwards?

sgbdk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Europace cooler fan may not be supported yet.
The alternative solution you can do is to create scene in ihc app.

So what you mean is create a scene using ihc and might be able to allow google home to detect the europace cooler fan?

sgbdk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is the first time I've heard about the nickname thing on GH app. Anyway, what Aditshar said is correct. For IR remote, GH app should be able to detect directly under home control once you sign into your Broadlink smart Home account and link it to your GH app.

But for RF remote control, it isn't so simple. My suggestion is you'll need to read up a bit more on how your whole setup works. First things first, have you watched any of Paul Hibbert's videos on YouTube? Start with this.

https://youtu.be/RoJHFzh971U

After that, if you still don't get it, you can PM me, I'll try to help you over the phone or something.

Just watched his video. The europace cooler fan remote come with many buttons such as left n right, up and down and speed. If i were to follow his video and choose lamps in ihc to control, i wouldnt be able to set all those functions ofcthr cooler fan

infernolord

Reaction score
Has anyone has issue with Broadlink IHC app, it cant response to my Echo recently after updates.
It has been doing fine until i update the both app recently. Then I tried on alexa app, it stated "device is not responding"

Not too sure it is just me or there are issue with the app.

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
that's quite cheap as compare what i seen so far. easily reach $100 for 1 gang neutral wire switch. but those switches should be quite safe to use?

will be it a hassle to pull the neutral wire afterwards?

1) Safe is not for me to say- after all, Samsung mobile phones costing up to 20-30 times the price of a smart wall switch also can catch fire. For me, I've been using it for 3 months now, and touch wood, all my HA stuff seems pretty safe.

2) Yes, it will be very very troublesome.

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
Just watched his video. The europace cooler fan remote come with many buttons such as left n right, up and down and speed. If i were to follow his video and choose lamps in ihc to control, i wouldnt be able to set all those functions ofcthr cooler fan

Can I check if your fan remote is IR or RF?

Aditshar

Reaction score
How this 'scene' thingy work is actually tricking GH into access those devices that are not recognised or yet to be supported.

Example
My fans are not support in GH. Everytime i turn on the fan the speed will start from the lowest speed and i need to change to the top speed. (old fan)
I make use of the scene in ihc to do a few things at the same time. I program it in such i turn on the fan, it would change to speed 2 then change to speed 3.
I name the scene : FAN
Now i can use GH by saying "turn on Fan"

To turn off the fan, i create another scene in IHC app
I name the scene : FOFF. Here is the tricky part.
I make use of Routine in Google Assistant.
When.. Turn off fan
My Assistant should... Turn on FOFF
So now i can use GH to turn off the fan.

This are just the basic programming you can try. Hope its helps.

So what you mean is create a scene using ihc and might be able to allow google home to detect the europace cooler fan?

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
How this 'scene' thingy work is actually tricking GH into access those devices that are not recognised or yet to be supported.

Example
My fans are not support in GH. Everytime i turn on the fan the speed will start from the lowest speed and i need to change to the top speed. (old fan)
I make use of the scene in ihc to do a few things at the same time. I program it in such i turn on the fan, it would change to speed 2 then change to speed 3.

When.. Turn off fan

Spot on! 👍👍👍

sgbdk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Example

When.. Turn off fan

Is ROUTINE an option or an add on in Google Home app? Cant seems to find it

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.