HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Home Automation Enthusiasts

Like Tree95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2019, 10:03 AM   #796

Did I understand this correctly?

Hardware: Install the Aqara wireless relay at the ceiling light and pair it with the Aqara wireless switch so that I can control the light manually or with voice.
Software: Use Home Assistant or OpenHAB to bridge between GH and the hardware since GH does not directly support the hardware.
You need another piece of hardware as the wireless switch can't pair directly with the relay. Xiaomi Mijia gateway is recommended over Aqara gateway due to the LAN mode support you need for HA/openHAB to talk to the gateway. Another route: use zigbee2mqtt CC2531 dongle. Some of us migrated from the Xiaomi gateway to zigbee2mqtt as this is compatible to a growing list of Zigbee device and actively developed. Xiaomi's one only supports their own ecosystem.
Old 17-04-2019, 02:39 PM   #797

You need another piece of hardware as the wireless switch can't pair directly with the relay. Xiaomi Mijia gateway is recommended over Aqara gateway due to the LAN mode support you need for HA/openHAB to talk to the gateway. Another route: use zigbee2mqtt CC2531 dongle. Some of us migrated from the Xiaomi gateway to zigbee2mqtt as this is compatible to a growing list of Zigbee device and actively developed. Xiaomi's one only supports their own ecosystem.
Looks like I'll need to get my hands on a set of gateway/relay/switch and experiment from there!
collectees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2019, 11:12 PM   #798

Is there a consensus on the most "reliable" smart switch yet? I'm looking at Sonoff T1 UK, but it seems it's not easy to buy this locally? I looking to buy something reliable with neutral.
Old 19-04-2019, 07:02 AM   #799

Is there a consensus on the most "reliable" smart switch yet? I'm looking at Sonoff T1 UK, but it seems it's not easy to buy this locally? I looking to buy something reliable with neutral.
U can buy from Aliexpress. Look for sellers with good ratings.

My non-neutral switches from Broadlink are still working well after more than 2 years. So far 2 of them kaput but I have tried successfully to claim for replacement within 1 year period which they honoured.
Old 19-04-2019, 09:43 AM   #800

Lazada,Shopee,Qoo10, Taobao, Carousell, Aliexpress etc. Buy from physical brick and mortar store?? I highly doubt you can find one.

Buy from sellers with good ratings and reviews and good sales lor.
Old 19-04-2019, 10:33 AM   #801

hi all, im interested in replacing a dumb switch with a wifi-enabled smart switch that needs a neutral line.

my understanding is that i need to pull a neutral line out to the switch outlet.

question is, can i tap the new neutral line from the light fixture end. connect it to this terminal connector together with the existing one.

fish it out from the conduit to the light switch outlet, and connect to the smart light switch?

is it the safe and right way to do so?
Can, i tapped from my wall plug nearby.

becomes

Posted from PCWX using phone.
Creator of OEM Comparison Chart & Plan Calculator.
Ohm user since April 2018.
singcheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2019, 11:02 PM   #802

Wifi Smart Switch without Neutral

1. Burnett. Flashable with Tasmota. Sold on Taobao. Ewelink app.

2. Zinguo. Connection Diagram. Sold on Taobao, JD and Aliexpress. Use own app.
Old 20-04-2019, 07:47 PM   #803

Hi guys, newbie here. I just bought a Sonoff T1 UK 2 gang switch. Iím a bit confused how to connect it to my old wall switch and will appreciate some help here.

Attached is the wiring of my old switch. can someone let me know if it has live, neutral and earth wiring? How do I connect them to the Sonoff switch?

Somehow, I'm unable to submit photos here, can someone please let me know how to attach photos? Thanks.
tenyaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 08:28 PM   #804

Hi guys, newbie here. I just bought a Sonoff T1 UK 2 gang switch. Iím a bit confused how to connect it to my old wall switch and will appreciate some help here.

Attached is the wiring of my old switch. can someone let me know if it has live, neutral and earth wiring? How do I connect them to the Sonoff switch?

Somehow, I'm unable to submit photos here, can someone please let me know how to attach photos? Thanks.

From this model seem like have a neutral wire instead of normal switch
Which have live wires per lights. U need to have a neutral wire tag from nearby then.
Windowlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 08:42 PM   #805

From this model seem like have a neutral wire instead of normal switch
Which have live wires per lights. U need to have a neutral wire tag from nearby then.
Hello, I hope someone can help me look at my photos of my old switch and see if it has neutral wires and how do I connect it to the Sonoff T1.I'm not sure how I'm unable to post photos here. Are you able to help me on that? It's a DIY project that I hope to do myself. Thanks!
tenyaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 10:17 PM   #806

Hello, I hope someone can help me look at my photos of my old switch and see if it has neutral wires and how do I connect it to the Sonoff T1.I'm not sure how I'm unable to post photos here. Are you able to help me on that? It's a DIY project that I hope to do myself. Thanks!
if you are not familiar with electrical , i suggest you hire a electrician and learn from there.

The Sonoff T1 will require a neutral cable and you don't usually have it at your light switch. Your electrician will need to wire it for you.

Lastly , let's not forget neutral carry current as well and don't get your hair permed for no reason. It may be your time perming your hair
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 07:21 PM   #807
Supremacy Member

any recommendation where can we buy wiring by the metre?
i think the gauge used its about 12awg and probably 4 strands of copper?
Old 22-04-2019, 09:05 PM   #808

Those neighborhood shops will have.

Posted from PCWX using phone.
Creator of OEM Comparison Chart & Plan Calculator.
Ohm user since April 2018.
singcheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 01:04 PM   #809

Exclamation CNC

CNC MACHINE HOBBYIST AND PRO

I am using...
CNC machine 3018
Software is gbrl

I want to cut specific hole (rectangular) on a PCB. Already have the dimension for the cut out. Are there any software which can simulate my PCB design and the cutting, so I may not need to do the coding?

Either way I love to hear your great idea!
Technical Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 09:33 AM   #810

A quick walk around the shops might prove valuable. I don't think buying such online will do you any great favor. Just take a walk...
pikelocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.