Home Automation Enthusiasts

kreja

Master Member
Reaction score
good advice, where and how much did you get your hubitat for?
As for the aqara switches, do you not need to connect to any server for it to work?

can buy directly from https://hubitat.com/.

aqara switches are zigbee devices, can connect to any smart hub, hubitat or smart things.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
good advice, where and how much did you get your hubitat for?
As for the aqara switches, do you not need to connect to any server for it to work?

Yes, you dont want all your automations in one system, but it should also be interoperable (and preferably not via IFTTT with the recent brands dropping support for it) an plan for it to be possible to be manually activated. ie lights/blinds/curtain.. all these can be manually on/off/closed/open if need be.

tokenbest

Reaction score
Ok, thanks a lot. Just saw hubitat recently came out new C7 version also.
Anyone knows whats the diff for the Z-WAVE frequency? What version does SG normally use?

Vulpix

Reaction score
Ok, thanks a lot. Just saw hubitat recently came out new C7 version also.
Anyone knows whats the diff for the Z-WAVE frequency? What version does SG normally use?

There is no fixed standard but usually people like to buy UK frequency stuff in SG. I believe is 868.42mhz? I'm planning to get the c7 hub to upgrade my hubitat too, really liking how hands off it is once you setup.

Vulpix

Reaction score
any one using hubitat?

my zigbee network seems unstable, i cant simultaneously control all my ikea blinds to close at the same time. usually 1 or 2 will not respond.

i already have at least 1 plugged in zigbee device (not bulbs) near my blinds.

i tried shutting down and reboot hubitat for 20min to let zigabee device remap mesh network. 2 days liao, doesnt seem to improve.

do i need to add more ikea power outlet as repeater?

It's an IKEA issue, not a hubitat one. Their ZigBee protocol is not standard, it's like their own customised version of it.

kreja

Master Member
Reaction score
It's an IKEA issue, not a hubitat one. Their ZigBee protocol is not standard, it's like their own customised version of it.

What do you mean?

Do you know of any IR blaster that works with hubitat?

i havent found any devices locally to use zwave. Our official zwave frequency is follow south korea

Vulpix

Reaction score
What do you mean?

Do you know of any IR blaster that works with hubitat?

i havent found any devices locally to use zwave. Our official zwave frequency is follow south korea
I'm on UK frequency, easier to find z-wave equipment. There's no good IR blaster that works on z-wave, but if you don't mind searching a bit and doing some DIY, you can check this out here. If all else fails just get a broadlink. :s13:

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using the aqara switches with mi hub system, and managed to successfully connect to google home or alexa? Just got wifi to my renovated resale, so trying to set up my home automation now.

Ran into what seems like a common problem of not being able to link the xiaomi eco system to google home in the recent months (have not tried alexa yet). I am trying to enable voice control to on-off my lights.
Based on my research, it seems like i may need to go for a 3rd party integrator, like Home Assistant to get the mi/aqara devices connected to google or alexa... anyone has a simpler solution?

singcheng

Reaction score
A quick tip, check the number of installs and reviews in playstore for the various Smart Home apps.

Wiser: 5,000+ installs (2.8*, 33 total reviews)
Homey: 10,000+ installs (3.7*, 242 total reviews)
Hubitat: 10,000+ installs (3.8*, 129 total reviews)
Broadlink: 100,000+ installs (3.3*, 5942 total reviews)
Home Assistant: 100,000+ installs (4.5*, 1522 total reviews)
Tuya: 500,000+ installs (4.4*, 8385 total reviews)
SmartLife: 1,000,000+ installs (4.0*, 29805 total reviews)
Samsung SmartThings: 100,000,000+ installs (4.3*, 463464 total reviews)
Google Home: 100,000,000+ installs (4.1*, 845527 total reviews)

You forgot eWeLink app.

eWeLink: 1,000,000+ (3.6*, 26k total reviews)

Posted from PCWX using SM-N960F

singcheng

Reaction score
Anyone using the aqara switches with mi hub system, and managed to successfully connect to google home or alexa? Just got wifi to my renovated resale, so trying to set up my home automation now.

Ran into what seems like a common problem of not being able to link the xiaomi eco system to google home in the recent months (have not tried alexa yet). I am trying to enable voice control to on-off my lights.
Based on my research, it seems like i may need to go for a 3rd party integrator, like Home Assistant to get the mi/aqara devices connected to google or alexa... anyone has a simpler solution?
I don't think Aqara D1 switches can be linked to any external voice control (Google, Alexa) other than Xiaomi own XiaoAi or Apple HomeKit.

BlackLab

Reaction score
Anyone know any of solution that can automate control of a ceiling fan?

The remote control uses rolling RF code, so my Broadlink RM4 Pro doesn't work on it. Can capture the RF signal but can't do anything with it.

The fan brand is Himitsu, by the way.

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone using MiJia or Aqara Motion Sensors to automate turning On and Off of Lights?

I have an Aqara motion sensor which i had place in my store room. When motion detected, i have automation to turn on the light, and after 2 mins of no activity, then turn off the light.

The turning ON of light works almost 100%. The problem is the turning OFF.
Alot of times, i get a notification that Turn OFF task failed or Error completing Turn OFF task. If left unnoticed, the lights will be on forever (happened a few times)

Anyone has such issues or has any ideas how to solve this?

I have tried switching it OFF twice in my automation like If No Motion for 2mins, Turn OFF light. Wait 10s Turn OFF light. This automation also has high failure rate where both tasks will fail to OFF light.

my temporary solution now is using a wireless button switch placed outside the store room such that if i'm walking to kitchen and notice the light in store room is not OFF, i can turn it OFF via the wireless switch.

Extra info, the light in the Store room is a Aqara LED Light Bulb (Tunable White) which is connected to the Aqara Hub.

cyberpotato

Reaction score
I'm using hubitat. i dont even bother to use app. everything in my home runs on local network.

currently still at remote control stage.
eventually i dont even want to use browser app to remote control my home automaton. it should just work seamlessly and reliably in the background.

How's it going with Hubitat? Any issues so far?

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm using hubitat. i dont even bother to use app. everything in my home runs on local network.

currently still at remote control stage.
eventually i dont even want to use browser app to remote control my home automaton. it should just work seamlessly and reliably in the background.

Haven't touch my homey app or edit the automation for sometime.. Just opened the app and wanted to modify some automation but couldn't find it.. Damn, totally forgotten how I named my flows so hunting down the respective automation is also a pain in the ass..

davi502

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone using MiJia or Aqara Motion Sensors to automate turning On and Off of Lights?

I have an Aqara motion sensor which i had place in my store room. When motion detected, i have automation to turn on the light, and after 2 mins of no activity, then turn off the light.

The turning ON of light works almost 100%. The problem is the turning OFF.
Alot of times, i get a notification that Turn OFF task failed or Error completing Turn OFF task. If left unnoticed, the lights will be on forever (happened a few times)

Anyone has such issues or has any ideas how to solve this?

I have tried switching it OFF twice in my automation like If No Motion for 2mins, Turn OFF light. Wait 10s Turn OFF light. This automation also has high failure rate where both tasks will fail to OFF light.

my temporary solution now is using a wireless button switch placed outside the store room such that if i'm walking to kitchen and notice the light in store room is not OFF, i can turn it OFF via the wireless switch.

Extra info, the light in the Store room is a Aqara LED Light Bulb (Tunable White) which is connected to the Aqara Hub.

So your Aqara led bulb is connected to a dumb wall switch?
Have you tried creating a manual task to switch off the Aqara led bulb and see if it works? Did you select the "OFF" option or "ON/OFF" option?

You can also try to remove the Aqara led bulb from your Aqara hub and re-add again to the hub. See if it works.

Another idea is you can get the Aqara door sensor and try adding an automation that will turn off the Aqara led bulb if the door is closed, assuming your door will be closed when you leave the storeroom thus no light is required.

Last edited:

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So your Aqara led bulb is connected to a dumb wall switch?
Have you tried creating a manual task to switch off the Aqara led bulb and see if it works? Did you select the "OFF" option or "ON/OFF" option?

You can also try to remove the Aqara led bulb from your Aqara hub and re-add again to the hub. See if it works.

Another idea is you can get the Aqara door sensor and try adding an automation that will turn off the Aqara led bulb if the door is closed, assuming your door will be closed when you leave the storeroom thus no light is required.

yeap a dumb HDB switch which is kept ON all the time.
switching manually works.
Yes the OFF option is selected.

Also tried removing the bulb and the sensor and re-add them.
Prior removing also deleted the automation

After adding back, i tried manually tapping on the On/Off on the app panel. it works. then i create the automation with the sensor.

Not sure why, ON is usually 100% but OFF most of the time have error.
I also have a Aqara single button wireless switch. The switch can OFF the bulb like maybe 80%. but that defeats the purpose of automation cos i still need to press a button.

i don't have the habit of closing shut that door. cos its an Iron door for bomb shelter and the door is pretty heavy. the other thing i can think of is to buy the vibration sensor. if detect vibration, turn ON, if no vibration after X mins, turn off.

davi502

Master Member
Reaction score
yeap a dumb HDB switch which is kept ON all the time.
switching manually works.
Yes the OFF option is selected.

Also tried removing the bulb and the sensor and re-add them.
Prior removing also deleted the automation

After adding back, i tried manually tapping on the On/Off on the app panel. it works. then i create the automation with the sensor.

Not sure why, ON is usually 100% but OFF most of the time have error.
I also have a Aqara single button wireless switch. The switch can OFF the bulb like maybe 80%. but that defeats the purpose of automation cos i still need to press a button.

i don't have the habit of closing shut that door. cos its an Iron door for bomb shelter and the door is pretty heavy. the other thing i can think of is to buy the vibration sensor. if detect vibration, turn ON, if no vibration after X mins, turn off.

How about creating a manual automation with just one task, but selecting the "ON/OFF" instead of the "OFF" option? Then manually run it to see if it works. Theoretically should also work since it's a toggled option ie if the bulb is currently on, it will be turned off.

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think Aqara D1 switches can be linked to any external voice control (Google, Alexa) other than Xiaomi own XiaoAi or Apple HomeKit.

hmm thanks for the input, will stick to mihome app to control the lights for now...

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about creating a manual automation with just one task, but selecting the "ON/OFF" instead of the "OFF" option? Then manually run it to see if it works. Theoretically should also work since it's a toggled option ie if the bulb is currently on, it will be turned off.

hmmm ok let me try that
thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.