HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Home Automation Enthusiasts

Like Tree95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-12-2017, 02:59 AM   #76

Sorry I found this tread so late, but anyone who's interested, I can share my experience in running an Amazon Alexa setup to control light switches, TV, AVR, robot vacuum etc. for almost a year now

As what others have mentioned in this thread, the most economical hardware to get started would be the following:
  1. Alexa device (echo dot most economical)
  2. android TV box (as alexa bridge)
  3. Broadlink RM Pro
  4. Broadlink TC2 smart switches (1/2/3 gangs as required)

Software/Apps required
  1. RM Plugin (from Google Play Store)
  2. Broadlink e-Control (from manufacturer's website)
Hi there, u hav any idea if IFFFT can work with Broadlink products?
shacboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2017, 09:58 AM   #77

Hi there, u hav any idea if IFFFT can work with Broadlink products?
I have not explored IFTTT yet as I dun have any sensors in my setup. But from the broadlink website and product literatures they do support IFTTT.
233mmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2017, 10:22 AM   #78

I have not explored IFTTT yet as I dun have any sensors in my setup. But from the broadlink website and product literatures they do support IFTTT.
Broadlink products abit lik proprietary... They only work amongst themselves. The IFFFT they listed is referring to their own S2 hub and sensors IFFFT with Rm pro or Rm mini.

Wish they can integrate more wit other brands though so other hubs able to control rm pro at least?

In IFFFT App can see many not popular brands also but cannot find broadlink.

Last edited by shacboi; 25-12-2017 at 10:30 AM..
Old 25-12-2017, 11:58 AM   #79

I thinking of using broadlink to control my ceiling fan which uses RF. Problem is I don't know the frequency used by my Aeratron AE 3
Old 25-12-2017, 12:26 PM   #80

Talking

I thinking of using broadlink to control my ceiling fan which uses RF. Problem is I don't know the frequency used by my Aeratron AE 3
u try open up the remote casing, shld hav a sticker somewhere telling u the radio-freq, if not den need to google ard or ask manufacturer see if they can help.
Old 25-12-2017, 01:35 PM   #81

When I started using broadlink products, the Alexa skill was not even existent. Kudos to third party developers who did some hacking into broadlink's APIs and created RM Tasker/Plugin that opened the doors to Alexa integration. Probably give it a bit more time and once there's sufficient demands they will have more complete integration with IFTTT

Broadlink products abit lik proprietary... They only work amongst themselves. The IFFFT they listed is referring to their own S2 hub and sensors IFFFT with Rm pro or Rm mini.

Wish they can integrate more wit other brands though so other hubs able to control rm pro at least?

In IFFFT App can see many not popular brands also but cannot find broadlink.
shacboi likes this.
Old 25-12-2017, 01:43 PM   #82

Talking

When I started using broadlink products, the Alexa skill was not even existent. Kudos to third party developers who did some hacking into broadlink's APIs and created RM Tasker/Plugin that opened the doors to Alexa integration. Probably give it a bit more time and once there's sufficient demands they will have more complete integration with IFTTT

yea, i started experimenting with broadlink rm pro first, den integrate Alexa too.

meanwhile mayb will go explore the S2C hub door & motion sensor for their own IFFFT.
Old 25-12-2017, 01:46 PM   #83

Does it come with a remote? RM Pro can probably learn the ID string. I cannot remember if it can learn RF as well. RF is not like IR but it may work.

Your other option is to search broadlink's cloud database within the eControl app and hopefully someone else already did the same for your product and shared the ID to the database.

I've searched before and found some common ones like StarHub TV box remote, Daikin's air con remote

Another option is to use a sonoff WIFI relay switch.

Old 27-12-2017, 12:15 AM   #84

Hi Guys...
Im new to this automation thing. i intending to buy Broadlink TC2 switch. do i need to connect the neutral wire to the switch?
Appreciate
newlife80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 08:10 AM   #85

Hi Guys...
Im new to this automation thing. i intending to buy Broadlink TC2 switch. do i need to connect the neutral wire to the switch?
Appreciate
I bought the 3-gang EU type for my living room. After I installed for 3 lights, if I off all 3, my other room lights all OFF. Hence, I have no choice but to leave one switch on all the while. To prevent the light from on all the while, I have to use another switch to control the 3rd light.
ktee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #86
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

So far, a rather bumpy journey. Bought a google home mini. Managed to voice control

1. Xiaomi Yeelight LED Ceiling light ( in living room)
2. Sonoff BN-SZ01 Led Ceiling light (in master bed room)

Been pondering on next order of business. Anyone here has a Fanco fan at home? any idea the RF frequency it uses?
Hi,

can i check with u on the Yeelight ceiling light, can u control it via the app if u are outside? eg remote access

Last edited by evq; 27-12-2017 at 09:22 AM..
evq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 08:49 AM   #87

Hi Ktee,
That mean to say if I did not connect netural wire I will experience the same situation if I have 4x 2 gang switch in the living room?
newlife80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 01:20 PM   #88

Hi Ktee,
That mean to say if I did not connect netural wire I will experience the same situation if I have 4x 2 gang switch in the living room?
I don't know about that. I am still exploring. You can try connect and see. Maybe your house wiring is different from mine.

Remember there are 3 versions of TC2 switch: US, EU and UK. I will buy UK if possible as we are using UK std here.
ktee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 01:55 PM   #89

Hi Guys...
Appreciate
Your existing wiring should be 2 wires looping i.e. Live (L) and Neutral (N).

At the back of TC2 switches you have a common L node and separate N nodes for each gang switch (N1, N2 etc.)

If your current non-smart switch is 1-gang, connect the L wire to L node, N wire to N1 on the TC2.

If your current non-smart switch is 2-gang, connect both L wires to the L node, 1 N wire to N1 node and the other N wire to N2 node (depending on which switch and light you want to control)
Old 27-12-2017, 02:01 PM   #90

I don't know about that. I am still exploring. You can try connect and see. Maybe your house wiring is different from mine.

Remember there are 3 versions of TC2 switch: US, EU and UK. I will buy UK if possible as we are using UK std here.
Yes, buy the UK model it will fit the box so only the non-smart faceplate need to be replaced with the TC2 smart switches.

As I mentioned in the previous post the existing wiring in your house should be looping (i.e. from 1 switch to the other and making a loop throughout your apartment).

If you connect the switches correctly, they should all work independently.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.