Home Automation Enthusiasts

233mmx

Reaction score
The neutral in uk version.... Seems lik dunhav screw.. So is redundant not in use... Technical u can use EU version in SG i tink. The pic u show hab two screws at L1 n L3.. I tink is a two gang switch right.... If three gang, all L1 to L3 shld hav screws for u to connect all ur wires respectively.

Yes in UK model the N node is a dummy ;)

I believe all wiring in SG especially in HDB housing should be standard...

233mmx

Reaction score
EU type don't have the N input. How do you connect so all 3 lights and the remote will work?

I suspect your problem is due to the looping for Live wire being disconnected.

I assume yours is a 3-gang switch, so connect all 3 Live wires to the L node. Remember to shut off the power supply from your breaker before doing anything on the switch ;)

joschia

Reaction score
I'm not an electrical engineer so pardon me if I used the wrong terms, but I treat the wire with incoming current as Live and the wire leading to the respective lights as Neutral.

Pictures speaks a thousand words so please see photos:

Photo 1: Existing non-smart switch wiring (Dark Brown = Live; Light Brown = Neutral, plus a short wire to bridge the loop)
25473241928_d9c5762b5d.jpg

Photo 2: TC2 wiring (Dark Brown = Live; Light Brown = Neutral)
39312618712_815d4f0178.jpg

Photo 3: TC2 wiring top view (Dark Brown = Live; Light Brown = Neutral)
25473241708_5bbdd57fc2.jpg

Think there is no netural cable for your case. Both should be live wire one from db and one your lights

shacboi

Reaction score
I'm not an electrical engineer so pardon me if I used the wrong terms, but I treat the wire with incoming current as Live and the wire leading to the respective lights as Neutral.

Pictures speaks a thousand words so please see photos:

awesome info, thanks!

sean_x

Reaction score
Very informational thread, I'm in the midst researching how to configure HA for my upcoming home. Going to setup everything from the scratch and it seems like there are different routes of setup... And I have some questions that would like to seek your advice..

1. In your opinion, which setup is the better one in term of value for money and better integration for voice + lights + TV + Fan and Aircon?

Probably will look for electrician to install Neutral line for the light switches since the reno has yet to commence..

2. Would it be better to use ewalink / Sonoff type of light switches to connect via 2.4ghz wifi than RF 433? What I notice the RF 433 switches have a 4 buttons "car" remote type, would cause limitation to only 4 On/Off lights? What if I have 10 lights that I need to control, how would the setup be?

TIA!

AsusEpoxy

Master Member
Reaction score
Very informational thread, I'm in the midst researching how to configure HA for my upcoming home. Going to setup everything from the scratch and it seems like there are different routes of setup... And I have some questions that would like to seek your advice..

1. In your opinion, which setup is the better one in term of value for money and better integration for voice + lights + TV + Fan and Aircon?

Probably will look for electrician to install Neutral line for the light switches since the reno has yet to commence..

2. Would it be better to use ewalink / Sonoff type of light switches to connect via 2.4ghz wifi than RF 433? What I notice the RF 433 switches have a 4 buttons "car" remote type, would cause limitation to only 4 On/Off lights? What if I have 10 lights that I need to control, how would the setup be?

TIA!

I would say Amazon Alexa has better widespread adoption as of now for voice.
Light switches: since ur gonna install neutral, i think Sonoff T1 UK is best choice.
TV: Perhaps a Broadlink RM Pro. If you watch alot of youtube, chromecast makes sense actually. Personally my phone has built in IR, so its not a priority.
Fans: Many ceiling fans use RF, so the RM Pro or the Sonoff RF should work fine.
Aircon: RM pro ba... some say the Daikin one has app built in, but i dont think Daikin open their API. Like TV i use phone to switch on /off. Heard that Sensibo is pretty gd for aircon though

just my 2 cents

233mmx

Reaction score

TIA!

I personally feel that you should research a bit more, cos every home is different and better to start simple & easy so you dun get discouraged to try more advanced stuff later on

newlife80

Reaction score
Hi Guys, thank you so much for the picturioals and explaining.
1 last qns. Do your buy the TC2 SS from Lazada or Qoo10?

sean_x

Reaction score
Thanks AsusEpoxy and 233mmx, for the valuable advice.

After much reading... Seems like using Samsung SmartThings would provide better integration and a more future proof solution..

SmartThings
- Z-wave switches
- BOND Home / Broadlink+raspberry pi
- Smart lock
- Voice control with Siri using HomeBridge

Huge project. Probably will start with learning how to integrate with the light switches :s13:

233mmx

Reaction score
I bought mine in bulk from Aliexpress. Just like in taobao, you have option to negotiate with the seller for either bulk discount or upgrade to expedited shipping. Not sure if you can do that in Lazada or Qoo10.

Hi Guys, thank you so much for the picturioals and explaining.
1 last qns. Do your buy the TC2 SS from Lazada or Qoo10?

sean_x

Reaction score
Athom’s Homey looks great as an All In One hub, especially with the homekit built in. :eek: It has all the sensors built into one and also large app support for cheap Aliexpress IoTs.

Although the hub kinda pricey @ $550+++..

Another option for non Neutral line switch is z-wave aeotec dimmer. If you don't intend to rewire your switches, add the dimmer and you are good to go. :o

Hopefully, z-wave products are getting cheaper and cheaper. :s12:

shacboi

Reaction score
Athom’s Homey looks great as an All In One hub, especially with the homekit built in. :eek: It has all the sensors built into one and also large app support for cheap Aliexpress IoTs.

Although the hub kinda pricey @ $550+++..

Another option for non Neutral line switch is z-wave aeotec dimmer. If you don't intend to rewire your switches, add the dimmer and you are good to go. :o

Hopefully, z-wave products are getting cheaper and cheaper. :s12:

$550 way too exp for my case ... Mi just experimenting with few echodots... A rm pro... Four cheap rf sockets now... Total havent reach $550 even. Hehe

I jus ordered the broadlink s2c hub kit and three owsoo smart light bulbs(due to chandelier design constrain else will choose Yeelight bulb instead)... Both OTW...

Add up oso havent match the homey price sia.

Last edited:

sean_x

Reaction score
Wow, they probably partnering with Amazon now. Looks like Mi Smart Home ecosystem is a good option too. Especially, the light switch doesn't require Neutral line. No need headache rewiring the switches. :eek:

Since, I will be getting Mi purifier and Mi Robot Vacuum, adopting Mi Smart Home probably make more sense. :crazy:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.