Home Automation Enthusiasts

LoneTraveller

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ah ok i get it
hmm...

i don't think there is a way then...
since the "thing" is like the master inside the ceiling
the aqara hub/switch only gives supply...

Bro, you do not need to take out this device. If I am not wrong, you are using 1 switch to control multiple lights as was my use case in my old flat. If yes, what u need to do is to manually switch on the switch 1 time and it will light up the first light. Switch off and switch on a second time and it will turn on the 2nd light and so on. If this is still true, then u just need to program your xiaomi switch to switch on, switch off and switch on a certain number of times to turn on on a particular light depending on how it's wired to the "thing"

Last edited:

hq83

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro, you do not need to take out this device. If I am not wrong, you are using 1 switch to control multiple lights as was my use case in my old flat. If yes, what u need to do is to manually switch on the switch 1 time and it will light up the first light. Switch off and switch on a second time and it will turn on the 2nd light and so on. If this is still true, then u just need to program your xiaomi switch to switch on, switch off and switch on a certain number of times to turn on on a particular light depending on how it's wired to the "thing"
yes.
but the problem is
1st time switch on - on light 1
switch off
2nd time switch on - on light 1 & light 2
switch off
3rd time switch on - on light 1 & light 2 & light 3

haha end up all my light will be on. cant on only like light 2. and leave the light 1 to be off.
while reading some old post here.. seem like broadlink rm4 pro might be able to control it ? as this "thing" seem to work on RF

was thinking if Xiaomi Aqara Two-way Control Module or another lighting wall switch but then hidden in the ceiling and control with the app might work.. but seem like dont see anyone doing it..

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes.
but the problem is
1st time switch on - on light 1
switch off
2nd time switch on - on light 1 & light 2
switch off
3rd time switch on - on light 1 & light 2 & light 3

haha end up all my light will be on. cant on only like light 2. and leave the light 1 to be off.
while reading some old post here.. seem like broadlink rm4 pro might be able to control it ? as this "thing" seem to work on RF

was thinking if Xiaomi Aqara Two-way Control Module or another lighting wall switch but then hidden in the ceiling and control with the app might work.. but seem like dont see anyone doing it..

the thing about RM Pro is that, the learning of RF devices can be a hit or miss. if the remote u have can be learned, then all will be good and can be controlled via the Broadlink app (maybe some automation as well)

you will need to know the frequency of the remote you have.
RM supports 433 and/or 313 ( i forgot its both or either)

s_m_hafeez@hotmail.com

Reaction score
Hi, anyone got aqara hub that works with sg server and mi home. I noticed recently the wall switches is added to mi home in singapore server but need aqara hub. Was wondering whether it supports wireless switch mode to control yeelights.

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone got aqara hub that works with sg server and mi home. I noticed recently the wall switches is added to mi home in singapore server but need aqara hub. Was wondering whether it supports wireless switch mode to control yeelights.
if you can find the device in SG server, chances it will work is pretty high.
as for the Hub, make sure you double triple confirm with seller its SG compatible. I bought 1 from shopee. They told me its SG compatible but when i try to connect using SG server, the Hub will never get paired. Once i switch to mainland China, the hub works good. Luckily the devices like my aqara switches are "universal" and not region specific. I just have to live with the slower response time of china server.

side note: things like the mi fan, mi cam alike devices, which does not requires a hub, also depends on device region. make sure the device is SG compatible.
i had a DaFang cam and MiFan 2S, these 2 are not SG compatible.

so in the end i have 1 MiHome app with 2 server of devices.
Need to switch between servers to control them. (in the end i have MiHome China on my main phone and MiHome SG on my secondary phone)
if you using Android, can make use of Dual Apps or Dual Space to have duplicate MiHome app. (i did this on my POCO X3)

dereklim1985

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I now thinking about my new house coming soon, so I decided to change all lights, blinds and electronics to integrate with Google home/assistance, what is the best brand or model that I should use? like example my light switch, the power plug, blinds.

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I now thinking about my new house coming soon, so I decided to change all lights, blinds and electronics to integrate with Google home/assistance, what is the best brand or model that I should use? like example my light switch, the power plug, blinds.
for google, can try this ecosystem by Tuya
it has a wide range of switches and hubs and devices.

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can advise the key differences between sensibo sky and air + room sensor?

Specialfeelings

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some experts advice. I have around 50 smart devices at home all connected to my 2.4hz network. I've been noticing when i try doing mobile gaming or youtubing using my 2.4hz i get lags and sometimes disconnection. Also lately google seems to be responding much slower to my commands. I'm wondering is it because i have to many device connected to my 2.4hz or is it because of my router? Will upgrading from my 1Gbps plan to 2Gbps solve the problem?

Im currently sign on with Starhub 1Gbps broadband fibre plan and is using Linksys EA8100 router.

homeassit

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some experts advice. I have around 50 smart devices at home all connected to my 2.4hz network. I've been noticing when i try doing mobile gaming or youtubing using my 2.4hz i get lags and sometimes disconnection. Also lately google seems to be responding much slower to my commands. I'm wondering is it because i have to many device connected to my 2.4hz or is it because of my router? Will upgrading from my 1Gbps plan to 2Gbps solve the problem?

Im currently sign on with Starhub 1Gbps broadband fibre plan and is using Linksys EA8100 router.
High chance it's your router. Not being able to support so many clients.
https:// www.linksys.com/sg/wireless-routers/traditional-routers/linksys-ea8100-max-stream-dual-band-wifi-5-router/p/p-ea8100/#product-features
Linksys EA8100 marketed to "Covers up to 1,800 sq. ft and 15+ devices". But what i've read, out of factory set to limit of 50. You can try to increase in the "DHCP settings page" to 235. But I suspect it might be taxing the route's processor.

Can try setting the QOS, and give certain devices high priority, to prevent your router from dropping those devices when more clients try to connect.
https:// www.linksys.com/au/support-article?articleNum=135552#1

Specialfeelings

Reaction score
High chance it's your router. Not being able to support so many clients.
https:// www.linksys.com/sg/wireless-routers/traditional-routers/linksys-ea8100-max-stream-dual-band-wifi-5-router/p/p-ea8100/#product-features
Linksys EA8100 marketed to "Covers up to 1,800 sq. ft and 15+ devices". But what i've read, out of factory set to limit of 50. You can try to increase in the "DHCP settings page" to 235. But I suspect it might be taxing the route's processor.

Can try setting the QOS, and give certain devices high priority, to prevent your router from dropping those devices when more clients try to connect.
https:// www.linksys.com/au/support-article?articleNum=135552#1
Any recommendation for a router that can support over 50 devices?

Also between a dual router and a mesh system which would be better for a 3rm flat?

I had a bad experience many years back with google WIFI mesh when i got it from starhub, my devices and phone keep getting disconnected and then connected back. After that i stay away from mesh system. Do mesh system still have this problem?

Windowlover

Reaction score

interesting issue from you. Why not consider WIFI 6 concept. May help you for this issue.

Specialfeelings

Reaction score
interesting issue from you. Why not consider WIFI 6 concept. May help you for this issue.
Thanks for the suggestion. I went and read up abit on WIFI 6 and it do seems like a good solution for my problem. Do you have any recommendations on which router is suitable for solving my issues?

slingswish

Reaction score
Hi anyone using a lot of smart wifi switch and having problem with disconnected from router quite often? My sonoff product giving me this issues and the new zigbee hub keep having disconnected from the motions sensor.
appreciate your advice as I’m thinking to change to Aqara to use the hub to control switch and motion sensor instead of having sonoff wifi switch crowd the router.

aireth

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I went and read up abit on WIFI 6 and it do seems like a good solution for my problem. Do you have any recommendations on which router is suitable for solving my issues?

Ever consider off loading your automation devices to a separate hub? With over 50 devices and each pinging the router round the clock sequentially, all of them will have lag regardless how powerful your processor is.

cloud77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have 50+ Wifi connection at one time at home with fixed local IP using a Asus AX88 and Zen Wifi AX. So far it is working ok, I am running out of slots for assigning local IP as router cap at 64. More than half are on 2.4 ghz for smart home device /HomeKit/Mihome /Aqara/SmartLife

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
I have 50+ Wifi connection at one time at home with fixed local IP using a Asus AX88 and Zen Wifi AX. So far it is working ok, I am running out of slots for assigning local IP as router cap at 64. More than half are on 2.4 ghz for smart home device /HomeKit/Mihome /Aqara/SmartLife
Hmm, how come only 64? Is that the default DHCP range setting?

For my home, where possible, I set the smart switches to use the guest WiFi network.

cloud77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm, how come only 64? Is that the default DHCP range setting?

For my home, where possible, I set the smart switches to use the guest WiFi network.

i mean i can only manually assign up to 64 wifi device with local IP. Its a limitation set by the router.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.