Home Automation Enthusiasts

shacboi

Reaction score
Havent linked them up yet. But technically it is possible to do so using Smartthings hub. Keeping my pace slow so i wont get overwhlemed.

Yeelight is just a Xiaomi partner so they have a certain autonomy, hence they able to link their lights to Google Home natively.

Just installed Xiaomi Aqara Light switches (without neutral), they feel like mechanical switches. Much better than touch based broadlink ones, but man are they expensive... Added sensor to auto on light at the door when someone comes home and open the door. So far so good.

ur setup about the same as mine, i oso have a door sensor (broadlink s2 hub) to detect door opening during a certain time and help on the livolo RF lights. so far so good too.

AsusEpoxy

Master Member
Reaction score
ur setup about the same as mine, i oso have a door sensor (broadlink s2 hub) to detect door opening during a certain time and help on the livolo RF lights. so far so good too.

:D gonna get my grubby hands on a smartthings hub later this evening. spending too much $

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Havent linked them up yet. But technically it is possible to do so using Smartthings hub. Keeping my pace slow so i wont get overwhlemed.

Yeelight is just a Xiaomi partner so they have a certain autonomy, hence they able to link their lights to Google Home natively.

Just installed Xiaomi Aqara Light switches (without neutral), they feel like mechanical switches. Much better than touch based broadlink ones, but man are they expensive... Added sensor to auto on light at the door when someone comes home and open the door. So far so good.

'Smartthings hub'? are u referring to the Samsung?

shacboi

Reaction score
Spotify Family plan & Alexa

Hi, can I check who is using Spotify Family plan over here ?

I'm using the Spotify premium right now but intending to switch to Spotify Family when date expiry.

If im user "A" , i have my own alexa..... and there is user "B" with his own alexa at his household, but we are under same family plan, alexa account linked is still tied to my unique account and will not be affected with the family plan bundle right ?

I guess will not but just thought maybe somebody already tried and want to confirm.

Thanks in advance!

233mmx

Reaction score
haven't heard of homey before... but wow does it look big

reminds me of the orb router from d-link some years ago

233mmx

Reaction score
over past few days I managed to setup and configure a Plex media server and successfully linked the plex skill with Alexa.

next thing I'm intending to try is a IP CCTV camera which can also be integrated with Alexa (maybe act as a motion detector to trigger certain actions while also recording footages)

all the well known brands are way too expensive, looking for a cheap PRC product that won't cost a bomb... anyone tried yet?

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Is there a wifi switch with 2-way? my current physical dumb switches are 2-way. Meaning I can turn On/off at two locations. I wish to retain the same setup but include an option to control these switches with phone remotely (home or outside), of cos best is able to contril via Google Home.

I checked, all are 1-way (1 gang, 2 gang etc)

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those with or intending to get Broadlink RM Pro, can take a look at the videos below.

Google Home

Alexa

apparently Broadlink has limited the features on their newer model;
- Only RF for Google Home
- Only IR for Alexa

Bro here with RM Pro, care to comment?
I ordered one last night just seconds before I saw these video. I am using Google Home. sad

233mmx

Reaction score
I think mine's the 2016 model. Both RF and IR are fine. Where u order from? Maybe still can find older model in aliexpress.com

apparently Broadlink has limited the features on their newer model;
- Only RF for Google Home
- Only IR for Alexa

Bro here with RM Pro, care to comment?
I ordered one last night just seconds before I saw these video. I am using Google Home. sad

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think mine's the 2016 model. Both RF and IR are fine. Where u order from? Maybe still can find older model in aliexpress.com

I ordered from aliexpress.
I just chose the cheapest seller. Not sure if it is an old model.
But according to the video, he said RM Pro+ definitely newer model. I almost got that model. Heng.

shacboi

Reaction score
Guys,

Is there a wifi switch with 2-way? my current physical dumb switches are 2-way. Meaning I can turn On/off at two locations. I wish to retain the same setup but include an option to control these switches with phone remotely (home or outside), of cos best is able to contril via Google Home.

I checked, all are 1-way (1 gang, 2 gang etc)

Hello there. I only noe for SG context, non neutral wire... 2way switches are two brands... Yoogee and livolo.

shacboi

Reaction score
I ordered from aliexpress.
I just chose the cheapest seller. Not sure if it is an old model.
But according to the video, he said RM Pro+ definitely newer model. I almost got that model. Heng.

Get rm pro3 if possible, the latest rm pro+ many users mentioned having issue pairing with alexa via ihc app or sumthing.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
xiaomi universal remote controller cant work in Singapore server right?
Damned i got one then realised not supported.

CleoPatsy

Reaction score
In-Sink Food Disposer

Hello forumers, anyone ever bought from this company called Barracuda before? I've almost had enough with the flies that the kitchen trash attracts overnight, and that it's only me clearing the trash in the morning.Tough being the only person cleaning after the mess of 5 people in the house. Anyone has experience using the in-sink food disposer? Power consumption? Maintenance wise of the device?

https://barracudasg.com/about/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.