www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hobby Lovers (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hobby-lovers-229/)
-   -   The LEGO thread [STRICTLY NO SALES!] - Part 10 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hobby-lovers-229/lego-thread-%5Bstrictly-no-sales-%5D-part-10-a-4874575.html)

martin1973 24-11-2014 09:55 PM

LEGO 21108 RC motorized Ghostbusters Ecto-1

martin1973 24-11-2014 09:57 PM

LEGO Moving Haunted house set 10228 (Halloween Special) with Mindstorms EV3

booest 24-11-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xinng7 (Post 90187295)
LOL.. 100 sets is a lot?

the 50 Arkham sets also no limitation. The first guy buy 10 sets also can.

Why cant they just let anyone who spend more than $100 get the free set? if out of stock.. just put ppl on waiting list lah. I'm sure ppl dun mind to wait.

Imagine the first 50 guys chiong and grab the arkham set then stand in line to pay. their cashier can handle boh? :s13::s22: the store space also damn small.

most likely ppl work in pair. one guy chiong to the cashier and wait while the other grab as much arhkam as possible.

i really doubt BW knows what they are doing. My past purchases with them confirm they are noobs. Sure will have ugly incidents and complaints. their FB on sat will be interesting. so many years in retail biz liao still dun know how to please customers.

they only benefit resellers once they create this limited thingy. if i buy from ebay, BW got benefit meh?

Actually that is the main reason why lego is so worth collecting ... What you are complaining is the "core" of lego

chaos_heaven 24-11-2014 11:46 PM

Hope there is fight there. :)

sci80251 25-11-2014 12:49 AM

From: https://www.bricksworld.com/store/pc...asp?idpage=153

What is a LEGO® Certified Store?

1. The first LEGO® Certified Store (LCS) to open in Singapore is our Suntec City Mall store which is to be opened by Her Excellency, Berit Basse, the Ambassador of Denmark to Singapore, on 29th November 2014.

2. An LCS is not owned by The LEGO Group or LEGO Singapore but managed and operated by a third party under agreement.

3. An LCS is a store that is designed by The LEGO Group, and adheres to all the store fit-out and experience guidelines as laid down by The LEGO Group.

4. All its fixtures and furniture are exclusively designed by The LEGO Group.

5. It offers the following unique features that inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through creative free play and developing the imagination :

Pick-a-Brick wall (PAB) – a custom-built fixture with cylindrical canisters filled with LEGO bricks and elements where shoppers can hand-pick and select what they need to build something based on their own design and imagination.

Fully assembled LEGO sets in a “Brand Ribbon” around the circumference of the store to inspire LEGO fans.

“The Living Room”, the interactive play area that’s prominently positioned in the centre of the store to give children a “hands-on, minds-on” experience with LEGO bricks.

Exclusive LEGO sets available at the same time as their release in the US and Europe, with effect from January 2015.

Well, I can't imagine more than 50 lego collectors (resellers) outside LCG, in front of the Ambassador of Denmark to Singapore, getting unhappy due to Q jumper and fighting for the exclusive miniature LEGO Brand Retail New Store Opening set (3300003) :eek::eek::eek::s31::s31::s31:

blacklotus 25-11-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sci80251 (Post 90192908)
From: https://www.bricksworld.com/store/pc...asp?idpage=153

What is a LEGO® Certified Store?

1. The first LEGO® Certified Store (LCS) to open in Singapore is our Suntec City Mall store which is to be opened by Her Excellency, Berit Basse, the Ambassador of Denmark to Singapore, on 29th November 2014.

2. An LCS is not owned by The LEGO Group or LEGO Singapore but managed and operated by a third party under agreement.

3. An LCS is a store that is designed by The LEGO Group, and adheres to all the store fit-out and experience guidelines as laid down by The LEGO Group.

4. All its fixtures and furniture are exclusively designed by The LEGO Group.

5. It offers the following unique features that inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through creative free play and developing the imagination :

Pick-a-Brick wall (PAB) – a custom-built fixture with cylindrical canisters filled with LEGO bricks and elements where shoppers can hand-pick and select what they need to build something based on their own design and imagination.

Fully assembled LEGO sets in a “Brand Ribbon” around the circumference of the store to inspire LEGO fans.

“The Living Room”, the interactive play area that’s prominently positioned in the centre of the store to give children a “hands-on, minds-on” experience with LEGO bricks.

Exclusive LEGO sets available at the same time as their release in the US and Europe, with effect from January 2015.

Well, I can't imagine more than 50 lego collectors (resellers) outside LCG, in front of the Ambassador of Denmark to Singapore, getting unhappy due to Q jumper and fighting for the exclusive miniature LEGO Brand Retail New Store Opening set (3300003) :eek::eek::eek::s31::s31::s31:

STOMP THE FIGHT AND EARN $50!
Make the news international. become Jover Saga part 2. See Sinkie govt crack down on Lego. :crazy:

Recce5 25-11-2014 08:08 AM

Nice! I always find the 3-in-1 Creator sets to be very flexible hence why I bought a few sets each. They can be used to create all kinds of things :)

Recce5 25-11-2014 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin1973 (Post 90188671)

So many cool RC MOCs from Korea!

I would so love to mod an Ecto-1 set into a RC car, but no detailed instructions on how to do it :( :(

blacklotus 25-11-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaos_heaven (Post 90184737)
Means we have to Q on thursday

I plan to queue on Wednesday. plan to break the subaru challenge record. prep extra adult diapers too. else later become mrt pooping incident saga again. :crazy:

Recce5 25-11-2014 08:29 AM

LEGO of Denmark is like the Samsung of Korea, involving high-ranking government officials :s13::s13:

blacklotus 25-11-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recce5 (Post 90196057)
LEGO of Denmark is like the Samsung of Korea, involving high-ranking government officials :s13::s13:

When Licensed TinTin shop opened in SG afew years ago, the Ambassador of Belgium also graced the ribbon cutting ceremony. :)

Goes to show these foreign govt officials are supportive of moc companies. (moc = my own country's)

kks_ng_id 25-11-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbow123 (Post 90186440)
Should ask them to give out queue number . If not sure fight when the whole clan of people start turning up infront . Imagine you happy happy count you are within the 50 and suddenly infront appear another 100 people .

Not going to queue . Need my beauty sleep .=:p

Unless bw staffs are going to wake up at 6 am and start giving queue number at 7 am. If not, any queue system also no use. The most common scenario: few persons from few groups chop the first places overnight. At 9.30 am, suddenly you will see 20 plus people appear in front of you. Unless you are a police or gangster, do you dare to confront that 20 plus people?

booest 25-11-2014 09:07 AM

I got a feeling this opening will be very rowdy.
considering how the "syndicate" aka resellers operate.

The ugliest of Singaporeans will be seen there. If I was TODAY, the NEW PAPER and the Straits Times... I would station myself there. CONFIRM turn nasty one.

I will still go early, to see and see how bad it is.

actually, Legoland Malaysia when they open.. it was badly organized...

I am not expecting anything smooth from this event

skytan13 25-11-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booest (Post 90196764)
I got a feeling this opening will be very rowdy.
considering how the "syndicate" aka resellers operate.

The ugliest of Singaporeans will be seen there. If I was TODAY, the NEW PAPER and the Straits Times... I would station myself there. CONFIRM turn nasty one.

I will still go early, to see and see how bad it is.

actually, Legoland Malaysia when they open.. it was badly organized...

I am not expecting anything smooth from this event

well...u see this is ASIA

Kia Su..

trashedbox 25-11-2014 09:25 AM

i will also go early
see see look look
buy some loose bricks :)