www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hobby Lovers (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hobby-lovers-229/)
-   -   What do you guys think of this style of animation? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hobby-lovers-229/what-do-you-guys-think-style-animation-6303964.html)

nuzgul 07-06-2020 05:03 PM

What do you guys think of this style of animation?

Short Backstory:
Due to Covid-19, my GF and I couldn't meet. So we took this opportunity to make piano covers of the music that we love. She plays the piano and I turn her recordings into nice-looking(hopefully) videos.

How you can help
Our goal is to make every video a tad better than the previous. So we want to gather some feedback on how you feel about the animation.

Previously we were using sound waves as animation, but it turns out to be not that interesting.

So this time round we decided to animate the music score with different colours.

What do you guys think? Does it retain your attention? What can we do better?

angy 08-06-2020 11:23 AM

I watch the whole video. Dont flame me.
Here are my feedback
a. I am not sure what is your objective. Do I watch the fingering, do you watch the scales? Do i listen to the music? What do you want the viewer to see? I am lost with the objective of the video.

b. It gets messy. You have trying to do too many things at one go. Listening to the music, following the scales and following the fingering. Too distracting imo.

I feel the top view is very distracting. If the objective is to show the viewer the nice music she is playing, it better to show the side view with all the painist expression. If the objetctive is to show how to play, then you it is ok.

nuzgul 21-06-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angy (Post 127628583)
I watch the whole video. Dont flame me.
Here are my feedback
a. I am not sure what is your objective. Do I watch the fingering, do you watch the scales? Do i listen to the music? What do you want the viewer to see? I am lost with the objective of the video.

b. It gets messy. You have trying to do too many things at one go. Listening to the music, following the scales and following the fingering. Too distracting imo.

I feel the top view is very distracting. If the objective is to show the viewer the nice music she is playing, it better to show the side view with all the painist expression. If the objetctive is to show how to play, then you it is ok.

Wa you are right! Didn't really think of it from the audience attention focus perspective! Thank you, this is very helpful feedback! <3

FiveBiscuits 22-06-2020 02:58 PM

Honestly, it looks too distracting and I struggle to follow certain colors.

If you're doing it just for fun then its okay. If you want it to blow up, consider using animated characters to tell a story as the music plays.

Good luck!

boomsha 23-06-2020 07:53 AM

Good idea but bad execution.

SplitDiscount 12-07-2020 10:38 PM

I think it needs more ridiculous editing and effects for the algorithm to pick it up lol