HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

What do you guys think of this style of animation?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2020, 05:03 PM   #1

What do you guys think of this style of animation?

Short Backstory:
Due to Covid-19, my GF and I couldn't meet. So we took this opportunity to make piano covers of the music that we love. She plays the piano and I turn her recordings into nice-looking(hopefully) videos.

How you can help
Our goal is to make every video a tad better than the previous. So we want to gather some feedback on how you feel about the animation.

Previously we were using sound waves as animation, but it turns out to be not that interesting.

So this time round we decided to animate the music score with different colours.

What do you guys think? Does it retain your attention? What can we do better?

nuzgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:23 AM   #2

I watch the whole video. Dont flame me.
Here are my feedback
a. I am not sure what is your objective. Do I watch the fingering, do you watch the scales? Do i listen to the music? What do you want the viewer to see? I am lost with the objective of the video.

b. It gets messy. You have trying to do too many things at one go. Listening to the music, following the scales and following the fingering. Too distracting imo.

I feel the top view is very distracting. If the objective is to show the viewer the nice music she is playing, it better to show the side view with all the painist expression. If the objetctive is to show how to play, then you it is ok.
angy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 05:26 PM   #3

I watch the whole video. Dont flame me.
Here are my feedback
a. I am not sure what is your objective. Do I watch the fingering, do you watch the scales? Do i listen to the music? What do you want the viewer to see? I am lost with the objective of the video.

b. It gets messy. You have trying to do too many things at one go. Listening to the music, following the scales and following the fingering. Too distracting imo.

I feel the top view is very distracting. If the objective is to show the viewer the nice music she is playing, it better to show the side view with all the painist expression. If the objetctive is to show how to play, then you it is ok.
Wa you are right! Didn't really think of it from the audience attention focus perspective! Thank you, this is very helpful feedback! <3
nuzgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2020, 02:58 PM   #4

Honestly, it looks too distracting and I struggle to follow certain colors.

If you're doing it just for fun then its okay. If you want it to blow up, consider using animated characters to tell a story as the music plays.

Good luck!
Old 23-06-2020, 07:53 AM   #5

Good idea but bad execution.
boomsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:38 PM   #6

I think it needs more ridiculous editing and effects for the algorithm to pick it up lol
SplitDiscount is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.