www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Home Decor & Furnishings (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/home-decor-furnishings-188/)
-   -   [HELP] Mitsubishi Starmex Air conditioners with mould and mildew problem. (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/home-decor-furnishings-188/%5Bhelp%5D-mitsubishi-starmex-air-conditioners-mould-mildew-problem-6310517.html)

fakeyou 16-06-2020 02:54 PM

[HELP] Mitsubishi Starmex Air conditioners with mould and mildew problem.
 
How to remove the mould in mitsubishi starmex aircon?

my aircon is consider medium size or large size?

Any recommendations for cleaning service?

i checked astiquer, his pricing is $250/each for small and medium sized ac, $350 for big units. (honestly i feel is quite expensive but if can get the job done i am ok to pay)


Ark Law 16-06-2020 03:15 PM

Cleaning service means what? General servicing cleaning? Chemical wash cleaning? Chemical overhaul cleaning?

Excluding onsite transport and/or troubleshooting fees, market rate for chemical overhaul (with gas top-up) ranges from $150-180 depending on FCU BTU rating.

fakeyou 16-06-2020 03:32 PM

i am not familiar with the terminology for aircon servicing.

if i just want to remove mould, which service is more suitable?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ark Law (Post 127800688)
Cleaning service means what? General servicing cleaning? Chemical wash cleaning? Chemical overhaul cleaning?

Excluding onsite transport and/or troubleshooting fees, market rate for chemical overhaul (with gas top-up) ranges from $150-180 depending on FCU BTU rating.


derrickgoh 16-06-2020 07:34 PM

Normal servicing will not remove mold.

Take note when u ask for chemical wash, some companies do the easy way of putting a bucket below your aircon then spray the chemical & let it drip down. This not thorough cleaning & is messy.

They should remove the entire unit from the wall, disassemble & bring into toilet to spray chemicals & wash. Some call this chemical overhaul.

Suggest u tell him about your usage & ask for advice on how to prevent this. I have been using aircon for over 10 years & none of my units got mold or mildew.

It is suggested to set fan speed at highest & if u find it too cold, increase the temperature but never lower fan speed as this results in condensation. Am no expert but im guessing this is probably what is causing your problem.

Alphas 17-06-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fakeyou (Post 127801072)
i am not familiar with the terminology for aircon servicing.

if i just want to remove mould, which service is more suitable?


Get chemical overhaul, they need to remove the FCU entirely to clean it thoroughly. General and chemical cleaning will leave behind some mould and it grows back in an instant. Cost of chemical overhaul range from $90 - $150, recommended to do once every 1 - 2 year especially on frequently used aircon.

GBC 17-06-2020 01:45 PM

When was the last time you service your aircon ?

Bieffe 17-06-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fakeyou (Post 127800234)
How to remove the mould in mitsubishi starmex aircon?

my aircon is consider medium size or large size?

Any recommendations for cleaning service?

i checked astiquer, his pricing is $250/each for small and medium sized ac, $350 for big units. (honestly i feel is quite expensive but if can get the job done i am ok to pay)

His cleaning method is very thorough. Will be a good job. But is the state of ur AC now and the surroundings thats rather worrying.

When was the last time you did servicing? Looking at this state is 1yr or more. If not it is likely ur lifestyle thats causing this issue. All AC will become like that in our tropical climate.

You likely turn on AC at night...then morning off. Inbetween the windows and doors to ur room is shut completely. No ventilation and the cool air gets trap at the indoor unit and become a mushroom factory.

But I dunno why even the surrounding wall areas are wet til is pealing. As the indoor unit is clogged up, exchange is poor and cool air returns to the outdoor unit, resulting in alot of condensation and therefore the wet walls?

Next thing will likely to happen is the drain will choke and AC is gonna leak.

Bieffe 17-06-2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphas (Post 127818080)
Get chemical overhaul, they need to remove the FCU entirely to clean it thoroughly. General and chemical cleaning will leave behind some mould and it grows back in an instant. Cost of chemical overhaul range from $90 - $150, recommended to do once every 1 - 2 year especially on frequently used aircon.

The problem with this full overhaul / chemical wash is the dismantling. Not good for the copper pipes. After sometime sure leak.
Also chemical wash is corrosive...do it too often and too strong or failure to was off properly will be result in premature rust and coil damage.
So less dismantling better. However due to the limited tools most AC ppl have they take down will be easier....the faster ur AC spoilt the faster then can be back.
Also dismantling will mean the gas will be shut off before the pipes are disconnected at the indoor unit. Once disconnected air will enter the pipes. They are suppose to vacuum the pipes after reinstalling the unit...however almost all wont do it as the vacuum pump is heavy to carry. they will just use the gas to purge the system and hope all the air is out and top up gas to make up the difference.
So i never like take down.

fakeyou 18-06-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBC (Post 127819267)
When was the last time you service your aircon ?

never service before since 2014 :s13:

fakeyou 18-06-2020 01:36 PM

you are absolutely right

i on aircon at night then next morning wake up close window no vendilation leave the house.

so you went for astiquer before? ]

worth the $250 price tag?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bieffe (Post 127822427)
His cleaning method is very thorough. Will be a good job. But is the state of ur AC now and the surroundings thats rather worrying.

When was the last time you did servicing? Looking at this state is 1yr or more. If not it is likely ur lifestyle thats causing this issue. All AC will become like that in our tropical climate.

You likely turn on AC at night...then morning off. Inbetween the windows and doors to ur room is shut completely. No ventilation and the cool air gets trap at the indoor unit and become a mushroom factory.

But I dunno why even the surrounding wall areas are wet til is pealing. As the indoor unit is clogged up, exchange is poor and cool air returns to the outdoor unit, resulting in alot of condensation and therefore the wet walls?

Next thing will likely to happen is the drain will choke and AC is gonna leak.


limpingsim98 18-06-2020 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bieffe (Post 127822625)
The problem with this full overhaul / chemical wash is the dismantling. Not good for the copper pipes. After sometime sure leak.
Also chemical wash is corrosive...do it too often and too strong or failure to was off properly will be result in premature rust and coil damage.
So less dismantling better. However due to the limited tools most AC ppl have they take down will be easier....the faster ur AC spoilt the faster then can be back.
Also dismantling will mean the gas will be shut off before the pipes are disconnected at the indoor unit. Once disconnected air will enter the pipes. They are suppose to vacuum the pipes after reinstalling the unit...however almost all wont do it as the vacuum pump is heavy to carry. they will just use the gas to purge the system and hope all the air is out and top up gas to make up the difference.
So i never like take down.

You are right, usually those certified company will not do chemical wash, they took out the whole unit and wash with running water with soap.

MikeDirnt78 19-06-2020 08:27 AM

Just dismantle yourself.

It is very easy for starmex.



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.