HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Review] Rubine RWH2388 water heater with heat pump

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2020, 09:42 PM   #1

[Review] Rubine RWH2388 water heater with heat pump

Hi all. Recently i got fed up with my old alpha heater because of the low water pressure. Googled around, could not find much info on instant water heaters with pump, so took a leap of faith in the Rubine RWH2388 instant water heater with pump (with rainshower set). I got it from shopee, damage wtih installation was $285.

I wanted to give my review so as to help other forummers like me who are searching for a water heater with pump but cannot get much info. If i had the info i have now, i would have considered the more expensive Rinnai/Champion models with DC pumps (also limited reviews on these, hopefully someone can share on Rinnai/Champion).

Review of Rubine 2388:
1. Without the pump turned on, the water flow is decent. Huge upgrade from my old heater (about 6 years old now). But because water flow is good, you compromise on the temperature of the water.
When using the rainshower, the water is not very hot, it's more like a lukewarm shower. This is in part because the water has to travel a longer distance to the rainshower head (as compared to the small showerhead), and the travel has to travel a longer distance down to you.

2. The pump is very very noisy. Even after paying a huge premium for the heatpump model, i don't turn it on most of the time. I used a free app to measure the noise, and it's about 90db.

Hope this helps everyone.
mihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 02:36 PM   #2

Kind of agree with TS. You do not need to pay an extra $100 for the 2388 model. 1388 model is sufficient. The increase in water pressure is kind of like 10% for my case, and is too noisy. I never turn it on after trying it out for the first time. Other than that, the instant water heater is pretty decent for the price (1388 model). Note that you may need an optional 2-way tap.
Pup1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.