HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2-door Fridge- shallowest in the market?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2020, 10:05 AM   #1

2-door Fridge- shallowest in the market?

Guys,
Would you know what's the shallowest (least depth) fridge out there?

I've been to a few shops (Harvey Norman, Best Denki, etc) and the shallowest ones I've seen are around 640mm.

I need to place this fridge against a bare wall, with no cabinet beside/around it. As it's very much standalone, I don't want it to jut out too much. Hence, the need to find one that's as shallow as possible.
awhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:37 PM   #2
Master Member

Guys,
Would you know what's the shallowest (least depth) fridge out there?

I've been to a few shops (Harvey Norman, Best Denki, etc) and the shallowest ones I've seen are around 640mm.

I need to place this fridge against a bare wall, with no cabinet beside/around it. As it's very much standalone, I don't want it to jut out too much. Hence, the need to find one that's as shallow as possible.

The 640mm depth is just the body of the fridge?

Does it include the door handle?
Chalkycliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:41 PM   #3

Not sure. I didn’t bring a ruler with me. I use the dimensions that they display.
Old 06-08-2020, 02:01 AM   #4
Master Member

Not sure. I didn’t bring a ruler with me. I use the dimensions that they display.

Depending on the brand... you can check on their websites for the dimensions.

But it can be quite inconsistant - they may have all the dimensions for a particular model, but for some other models it is just the basic dimensions.

Some brands/models have the door handle projecting from the door, while some brands/models have the handles recessed into the door.

Just be wary about pushing the fridge flat against the wall - almost all models require some space behind the fridge to allow the heat generated by the fridge to escape into the surrounding air.

Having the fridge pushed all the way back can result in your fridge not being able to operate at the optimum level, possibly causing it to malfunction or reduce the service life.

Last edited by Chalkycliffs; 06-08-2020 at 02:06 AM..
Chalkycliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:11 AM   #5

Thanks, Chalkycliffs!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.