HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #136
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is black or grey? Is Accoflex PSB Certified? Anyway is there any charges for extra piping? By the way how big the PVC pipe they use? Sorry mind asking u which model of Toshiba aircon u bought and how much? Thanks.
I already stated Black. It is PSB Certified Class 1. What type of extra pipping you
talking about? Installation included & no extra charges as all HDB flat installation
are quite standard.. Unless upgrading the insulation & copper pipe..
I also stated PVC drain pipe 16mm. Model: 3 tick energy label RAS-M18S2AX &
2 X RAS-M10SKPX. Price at $1600 nett including removing old box aircon in MBR &
approved steel bracket for the new ACU.

Actually I did checked Allbest price and around $200 cheaper but saw too many
no good feedback about their installation.
Old 31-10-2008, 06:17 PM   #137
Arch-Supremacy Member

What should I ask them abt the installation and what should i expect?
Is there any other place also I can get in the mentioned price ?

The limit by HN is 85 ft of pipe. Anything beyond taht is $5 pfr
I so far check the aircon price never heard of the limit..

You can call up Gain City or Hong tar to check/compare price.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:50 PM   #138

Hi,
does anyone knows what is the price for uninstallation of aircon (compressor+2 fan units)? I want to install another type of aircon.

appreciate your insights
Normally FOC for replacing existing aircon unit, unless new installation not performed by the same company. If charge, est. abt 800~900 for yr sys.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #139

Normally FOC for replacing existing aircon unit, unless new installation not performed by the same company. If charge, est. abt 800~900 for yr sys.
really? tt would be superb! coz i've been asking here and there and i've not gotten a satisfatory response. realli appreciate ur insight.
thnx
Old 26-12-2008, 10:02 PM   #140
Arch-Supremacy Member

I went to Best Tech at Toa Payoh and they recommended me this two brands and model:

Mitsubishi Electric Starmex Inverter MXY-4A28VA Outdoor unit with 1 x MSXY-GA13VA and 3 x MSXY-13VA indoor units.

Toshiba Aircon Inverter, RAS-M10NKCV x 3 and RAS-M13NKCV with RAS-4M26SACV

Which will be a better system? He keep emphasizing on Toshiba is better because their compressor is made in Japan and they are the original inventor of Inverter Aircons. And he claimed Toshiba will save more electricity by showing us the Energy Label And he said Mitsubishi is popular because they have put alot of money on advertising with Jack Neo on TV, newspaper and etc. The price difference between two is just like $60 (Toshiba $3400, Mitsubishi $3460).

They claimed the agents/distributors giving K-Flex insulators at the moment. and when i ask about using thicker copper pipe for inverter they say it's not good cause theres no enough pressure if the space inside the pipe is big. Is there any shop that can provide better installation materials and better pricing than this?
Old 27-12-2008, 09:43 AM   #141
Arch-Supremacy Member

I went to Best Tech at Toa Payoh and they recommended me this two brands and model:

Mitsubishi Electric Starmex Inverter MXY-4A28VA Outdoor unit with 1 x MSXY-GA13VA and 3 x MSXY-13VA indoor units.

Which will be a better system? He keep emphasizing on Toshiba is better because their compressor is made in Japan and they are the original inventor of Inverter Aircons. And he claimed Toshiba will save more electricity by showing us the Energy Label And he said Mitsubishi is popular because they have put alot of money on advertising with Jack Neo on TV, newspaper and etc. The price difference between two is just like $60 (Toshiba $3400, Mitsubishi $3460).

They claimed the agents/distributors giving K-Flex insulators at the moment. and when i ask about using thicker copper pipe for inverter they say it's not good cause theres no enough pressure if the space inside the pipe is big. Is there any shop that can provide better installation materials and better pricing than this?
Have you check with Gain City if you going for credit card or installment?
If you paying cash, can also check with Hong Tar.
Old 27-12-2008, 02:30 PM   #142
Arch-Supremacy Member

Have you check with Gain City if you going for credit card or installment?
If you paying cash, can also check with Hong Tar.
Gain city is offering higher like $3650 for the same mitsubishi... Hong Tar price is good too?
Old 27-12-2008, 04:37 PM   #143
Arch-Supremacy Member

Gain city is offering higher like $3650 for the same mitsubishi... Hong Tar price is good too?
Last time I compare, Hong Tar is cheaper but pay cash only.
Installation also good as advise by other forumer.

Sometime not only see aircon price, must see the installation skill & material too.
When I bought mine Toshiba from Gaincity, Allbest was selling at around $200 cheaper,
but I read too much bad installation by AB so I rather get from GC as most my my friend
also recommended GC.
Also i going for credit card installment, so bought from GC. BTW GC is giving 3years
installation warranty.
So far my installation is ok, just 1 of the fan coil got funny noise after 1 month & Toshiba
replaced a new set for me.
Old 27-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #144
Arch-Supremacy Member

go with your friend's recommendation..

I took up AB more than a year ago...read some bad review from them, but then, until now, my AC also no problem..so no need to worry so much...go with price...

GC or other, well...to err is human..
Old 01-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #145

For the gas pressure if the space inside the pipe is big, for all grades of copper piping, the space inside is the same, different grades refers to different thickness of the piping, the salesman had you on.
The thicker the piping, chances of gas leak and condensation should be lower.
Old 27-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #146

For now, what is the best deal for inverter aircon?
Old 28-01-2009, 12:16 AM   #147
Supremacy Member

actually gas leak etc. its more of the person installing.

actually inverter etc , jus for show .unless u use aircon often. Then can see the result. if nt any generic cheap aircon will do

service regulary or at least clean filter once a week. saving is almos on par to a unserviced inverter

Last edited by boucyfirebal; 28-01-2009 at 12:19 AM..
Old 02-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #148

Friends,

i have scouting for aircon quotes and recently been to Hong Tar and Gain City. I have a question, my flat is not higher current loading (check on the HDB website with postal code) so my question is

does this limit the type of aircon i can buy
any implications on the aircon performance

Thanks in advance...
Apple TV, Samsung Galaxy SII, Synolog 1511+, Dune D1, Dlink DNS 323, PS3, Cisco 1841, Denon 2310 with Dynaudio Excite X 32 Fronts, X 22 Center and Boston Acoustic surrounds
Old 02-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #149

upzzzzz for this thread
Apple TV, Samsung Galaxy SII, Synolog 1511+, Dune D1, Dlink DNS 323, PS3, Cisco 1841, Denon 2310 with Dynaudio Excite X 32 Fronts, X 22 Center and Boston Acoustic surrounds
Old 07-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #150

U can buy invertor or non-invertor with the amp rating. shld be ok.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.