HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #1546
Supremacy Member

bascially what will happen if i dont do anything abt it ah?

the insulation and power cable are being glued together at the opening when coming into the box-up area... i think is weather proof right?
cannot be glued together la... it is jus coming out from the same opening.

the power cable is weather proof, but not the insulation.

when u switch on yr aircon, large current goes through the power cable, which generate heat.

after some time, this insulation will giv way to the power cable which makes a hole in. n after some time, condensation take place. at tat time, between the power cable n insulation will hav water.

insulation will also corrode after some time also where sun r shine directly.
Old 13-06-2010, 11:27 PM   #1547
High Supremacy Member

the insulation foam will harden and crack if expose under the sunshine for long period.
Old 14-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #1548

Got a quote for Pana and ME system 3 Inverter from Creation Air @ $2.7k nett. Both brand are going for the same prioe. Can't decide which to get. Any advise which brand is more reliable and worth getting?
Both are equally good choice. Go with the one you fancy.
Old 14-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #1549
Supremacy Member

anybody know where to get insulation? need thickness of 1/2" of I.D 6.35mm n 9.52mm.

thanks!

need to re-insulate some part of copper pipe nearer to fcu..
Old 15-06-2010, 04:52 AM   #1550
High Supremacy Member

anybody know where to get insulation? need thickness of 1/2" of I.D 6.35mm n 9.52mm.

thanks!

need to re-insulate some part of copper pipe nearer to fcu..
http://www.northeast.com.sg/index-1.html
and
http://www.teckhoe.com.sg/component/...age/Itemid,78/

last time i google saw people said can buy from there.
Old 15-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #1551

Recommendation

Finally took the plunge with the ME A48, FCU 10, 13, 18 and made the choice to go with Gain City through Mr David Tay, H/p 90013124 largely because he was prompt, knowledgeable and kept up with the computations that I was considering for my apartment.

Pricing was reasonable and we went with gauge 22 copper pipes, 3/4in armaflex insulation and 16mm drainage pipes. As the engagement was for concealed installation, there is not much point giving the price. I would say that getting the cheapest quotation at the expense of having to consistently chase the salesperson for quotations is not the way to go. How much confidence can one get from such a person/company. Imagine having to chase for an installation date!?

Thier team is doing the installation now and they were punctual with the appointed time and took initiative to look through how best to do the installation as well as show me that they are installing what was promised i.e the copper pipes, the thickness of the insulation, etc. Rather than just getting the sale and leaving it to his team of installers, Mr David Tay came in to check on the progress and advised his installers accordingly. This is particularly important for me as I have had problems with the drainage due to the the gradient of the drainage pipes.

In view of the above, I am happy to recommend his services.
Old 15-06-2010, 04:31 PM   #1552
Supremacy Member

Finally took the plunge with the ME A48, FCU 10, 13, 18 and made the choice to go with Gain City through Mr David Tay, H/p 90013124 largely because he was prompt, knowledgeable and kept up with the computations that I was considering for my apartment.

Pricing was reasonable and we went with gauge 22 copper pipes, 3/4in armaflex insulation and 16mm drainage pipes. As the engagement was for concealed installation, there is not much point giving the price. I would say that getting the cheapest quotation at the expense of having to consistently chase the salesperson for quotations is not the way to go. How much confidence can one get from such a person/company. Imagine having to chase for an installation date!?

Thier team is doing the installation now and they were punctual with the appointed time and took initiative to look through how best to do the installation as well as show me that they are installing what was promised i.e the copper pipes, the thickness of the insulation, etc. Rather than just getting the sale and leaving it to his team of installers, Mr David Tay came in to check on the progress and advised his installers accordingly. This is particularly important for me as I have had problems with the drainage due to the the gradient of the drainage pipes.

In view of the above, I am happy to recommend his services.
wow...3/4" insulation.
Old 15-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #1553

wow...3/4" insulation.
Yup. Got to cause it's concealed. If anything goes wrong it would be very painful. I suppose it helps that Gain City gives a 3 year installation warranty so giving better insulation is to their benefit too.
Old 17-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #1554
Arch-Supremacy Member

n btw, i tink someone in here said tat Mitsubishi Electric does not hav fan mode. which is a very disadvantage. becos if dont hav fan mode, than tat coldness contain inside the aircon(wat i mean is after turn off aircon) will create mould, bacteria, jelly-like stuff inside. which will than also create a bad smell.

You mean on the remote control, you can't choose fan, and non-aircon mode?
Old 17-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #1555
Supremacy Member

You mean on the remote control, you can't choose fan, and non-aircon mode?
not me la!! i using Daikin, got fan mode.
Old 17-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #1556
Supremacy Member

not me la!! i using Daikin, got fan mode.
ME also got fan mode one................
Old 17-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #1557
Supremacy Member

ME also got fan mode one................
yours is inverter ma... no need say, i know.

mayb tat time i say is referring to non-inverter ba.
Old 17-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #1558
High Supremacy Member

any recommendations to remove "factory smell" from FCU ?

it has been 6 days since my new FCU installed in my room.... there's still this smell coming out frm the unit....

what airfresheners u guys using in ur room? is it wise to hang those at the bottom or the fin of the blower? quite curious abt it... since blower blows out air.. it could bring the scent out as well

Last edited by miyamew; 17-06-2010 at 06:15 PM..
Old 17-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #1559
High Supremacy Member

just leave it lah
the smell will gone after sometime and replace by foul odour.
Old 17-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #1560
High Supremacy Member

foul odour i wanna have nice pleasant smell leh
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.