HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2010, 12:46 AM   #1591

Went to gather info for installing aircon for my new 4rm flat. At first was attracted by the Panasonic inverter system 2 with a silver panel. However, the salesman recommended me to get the normal Panasonic series after hearing that I will only on my aircon on an ad-hoc basis. Usually, a fan should suffice unless its really hot then i will turn it on.

Is it true that inverter is more suited for long hour usage as according to the salesman, the inverter series using 1 motor/condenser to power 1, 2 or 3 units, while the normal Panasonic series will only activate one motor/condenser per unit of aircon turned on. The salesman said i will save more on electricity by getting the normal series if i only plan to on one aircon on an ad-hoc basis.

Please advise, thanks

Last edited by lifesgood; 04-07-2010 at 12:49 AM..
Old 04-07-2010, 01:36 AM   #1592
High Supremacy Member

what do u mean by ad-hoc basis?

i buy inverter because i on it every night.. approximately 8-9hrs at 25-26 deg

for long run i guess it will save more on electricity bill than non-inverter ones...
Old 04-07-2010, 02:05 AM   #1593
High Supremacy Member

Went to gather info for installing aircon for my new 4rm flat. At first was attracted by the Panasonic inverter system 2 with a silver panel. However, the salesman recommended me to get the normal Panasonic series after hearing that I will only on my aircon on an ad-hoc basis. Usually, a fan should suffice unless its really hot then i will turn it on.

Is it true that inverter is more suited for long hour usage as according to the salesman, the inverter series using 1 motor/condenser to power 1, 2 or 3 units, while the normal Panasonic series will only activate one motor/condenser per unit of aircon turned on. The salesman said i will save more on electricity by getting the normal series if i only plan to on one aircon on an ad-hoc basis.

Please advise, thanks
http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp

go NEA website check out the units data and calculate the differences.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:08 AM   #1594
Supremacy Member

Please advise, thanks
i think this is crap............no matter how long the usage per day it will still save for inverter aircon............

as long as ur aircon is not under power (meaning BTU is correct) which the room can reach the temperature u set.......it will save electricity by using inverter......my room can easily hit the temperature i set around 15 mins time........

becos inverter uses min electricity once the temperature has been reached.......
Old 04-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #1595
Arch-Supremacy Member

i think this is crap............no matter how long the usage per day it will still save for inverter aircon............
I think the salesman meant that if you don't switch on the air-con for long hours, it might take more than few years to break even the cost.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #1596
High Supremacy Member

any panasonic dealers to recommend?
Old 04-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #1597
Supremacy Member

I think the salesman meant that if you don't switch on the air-con for long hours, it might take more than few years to break even the cost.
seriously if u buy aircon but use it for only 1-2 hrs kind might as well dun use aircon.... it is kind of waste of resources.......

and a lot of ppl would rather save the few hundreds $$$ initially for not buying inverter aircon but end up they try to save so hard on electricity which they dun dare to on the aircon.....so what's the pt of buying aircon and not dare to use.....

think long run, if inverter cut down ur electricity bills, u will be more daring to on and enjoy the aircon, which serves better for its purpose.....
Old 04-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #1598
Supremacy Member

any panasonic dealers to recommend?
personally heard a lot of comments on p brand inverter aircon is not cold enough............
Old 04-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #1599
High Supremacy Member

wa seh, i wanted panasonic inverter
http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/...ls.asp?id=3069

but the height of compressor is 795, my house's window size access to outside ledge is 790

cant even bring out
have to change other brand liao loh!
tink i go toshiba
Old 04-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #1600
High Supremacy Member

wa seh, i wanted panasonic inverter
http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/...ls.asp?id=3069

but the height of compressor is 795, my house's window size access to outside ledge is 790

cant even bring out
have to change other brand liao loh!
tink i go toshiba

ok , i set my mind to get mitshu due to $200 cheaper than toshiba. Also mitshu is popular brand with commonly found parts
now looking for neighbourhood contractor with distributorship to do for me.
neighbourhood contractor good, no need to go through big company
then anything cock up can directly call contractor, no need to call sales guy because sales guy usually dunno how to fix and act as middle man only

Now to choose 1 lucky contractor from this list.... hmmm
http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.sg...=89&Itemid=125

Last edited by wahkao3; 04-07-2010 at 10:45 PM..
Old 04-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #1601

I agree that Invertor will save energy no matter how long u on.
But if ur usage is low, break even period is long.

Most of the people here might be using invertor. But i tink urs are still new. Either within 1 year general warrt or 5 yrs comp warrt.
However, when the time comes >3-5 yrs. When invertor aircon breakdowns, the cost of repairing might be so high that you might even want to consider to replace a new set totally.
Non-invertor aircon repair costs are lower.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:32 AM   #1602
Supremacy Member

is samsung and LG good for aircon?

today went to gain city expo see alot of aircon.

dunno which good as i have 0 knowledge of aircon.

any good webby can teach a noobie like me to know more abt aircon?

thanks
Old 05-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #1603
High Supremacy Member

if more buying using invertor sys, down the road the repair cost will go down too.
same to the R22 and R410A
Old 05-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #1604
Supremacy Member

if more buying using invertor sys, down the road the repair cost will go down too.
same to the R22 and R410A
yeah eventually non-inverter R22 will phase out.........
Old 05-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #1605
Supremacy Member

is samsung and LG good for aircon?

today went to gain city expo see alot of aircon.

dunno which good as i have 0 knowledge of aircon.

any good webby can teach a noobie like me to know more abt aircon?

thanks
no good, want to buy, buy popular brand like mitsubishi or daikin better.......
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.