HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2010, 02:08 PM   #1651

mine is not mbr thats why dont need such high BTU
make sure ur aircon BTU is not under power for ur room size, else it will take much longer to reach the set temperature, or even worst nvr reach....in that case, it defeats the purpose of inverter aircon, becos if ur room temperature cannot reach the set temperature, inverter cannot save u on the electricity...
actually if u see our room size (12 sqm), 9000 btu is more than enough. 12000 btu is overkill... typical MBR size is more than 20 sqm.. then 12000 btu will make sense

btw, one of the room size that I plan to put is only 6 sqm.. so 8800 btu is definitely overkill
Old 16-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #1652

wow..yr usage alot more than my non-inverter w/ 2 fan coil usage..
how much usage to you incur?
i'm not sure why my usage is so high.. i guess the aircon technician mess up my compressor that it doesn't have "turn on turn off" feature anymore..

mine is a 3 tick aircon.. it shouldn't consume that high unless there is some faulty issue.. i'm waiting for LG support to come to my place and fix it...

http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/...ls.asp?id=1808
Old 16-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #1653
High Supremacy Member

actually if u see our room size (12 sqm), 9000 btu is more than enough. 12000 btu is overkill... typical MBR size is more than 20 sqm.. then 12000 btu will make sense

btw, one of the room size that I plan to put is only 6 sqm.. so 8800 btu is definitely overkill
Yup its all within ur budget.. like my case, the salesman keep saying 11000 BTU is the preferred one, but i insist on my stand that i have a budget to follow..

and the most impt thing is whether u mind that to on the extra 5-10mins to cool ur whole room or not...... (BTU plays a big part here, other than budget)
Old 16-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #1654

Yup its all within ur budget.. like my case, the salesman keep saying 11000 BTU is the preferred one, but i insist on my stand that i have a budget to follow..

and the most impt thing is whether u mind that to on the extra 5-10mins to cool ur whole room or not...... (BTU plays a big part here, other than budget)
i think the sales is just pushing the product... 5 - 10 mins is very negligible.. just like the water heater...
Old 16-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #1655
Supremacy Member

Normally u can feel the room cooled within 5mins. Provided enough btu n well maintenance of yr aircon.
Old 16-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #1656
High Supremacy Member

Btw how often should i wash my filters?

It has been a month since installation....
Old 16-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #1657

new aircon can last longer.. you can take your time to clean it every 4-6 month. If you live in heavy traffic area (more dust), you have to clean it more often.
Old 16-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #1658
Supremacy Member

for daily usage, recommended to wash every 2 weeks. doesnt mean new one no need wash.
Old 16-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #1659
High Supremacy Member

new aircon can last longer.. you can take your time to clean it every 4-6 month. If you live in heavy traffic area (more dust), you have to clean it more often.
for daily usage, recommended to wash every 2 weeks. doesnt mean new one no need wash.
i just wiped it with a damp cloth... wipe every single fin and i found out that my filter isn't dusty at all (ofcoz i inspect it with my naked eye lah)

then i wiped a little inside of the blower, and the lid (cover of the filter) and exterior....
Old 17-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #1660

Hi guys i got some question.
Currently i have a system2 airconditioner already installed in 2/3 of my 4rm flat rooms. If i want to install an aircon to the remaining last room, is it mandatory to removed my current system 2 aircon and install a brand new system 3? Izzit possible to just get a separate system 1 aircon to addon?
Old 17-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #1661
Supremacy Member

Hi guys i got some question.
Currently i have a system2 airconditioner already installed in 2/3 of my 4rm flat rooms. If i want to install an aircon to the remaining last room, is it mandatory to removed my current system 2 aircon and install a brand new system 3? Izzit possible to just get a separate system 1 aircon to addon?
depends on yr old system how long liao.. if u tink the old system too old wan to change, than change to new system 3 which covers remaining last room.

u can add separate system 1 on tat remaining room, but hav to c whether u can install condenser outside the room or not. probably need approval from hdb. normally installer wil do for u.
Old 19-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #1662

hey.. i finally found out how to "consume less" for my non-inverter air con. You see, the only way the non-inverter aircon to save electricity is to turn on and off the compressor by their own logic. My system 2, the other room user didn't point the remote control to FCU, thus.. the aircon doesn't know that temperature has been reaached.. then outdoor unit is running full capacity for 8 hours.. x 2.5 That is 25 kwH.

Yesterday, it only consume around 15 kwH... That is a saving of 10 unit (40% efficiency)
Old 19-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #1663
Arch-Supremacy Member

ask u all ar, i'm using window aircon,... house cannot put in another BTU liao..

how? only can use window right? is there a BEST window aircon now in sg?
Old 20-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #1664

hey.. i finally found out how to "consume less" for my non-inverter air con. You see, the only way the non-inverter aircon to save electricity is to turn on and off the compressor by their own logic. My system 2, the other room user didn't point the remote control to FCU, thus.. the aircon doesn't know that temperature has been reaached.. then outdoor unit is running full capacity for 8 hours.. x 2.5 That is 25 kwH.

Yesterday, it only consume around 15 kwH... That is a saving of 10 unit (40% efficiency)

Ur hse aircon shld be Sanyo brand...
Old 20-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #1665

Ur hse aircon shld be Sanyo brand...
nope.. it is LG
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.