Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

xseanyx

Reaction score
Your info from aircon salesman trying to sell more expensive inverter for higher sales commission

Most multisplit non-inverter have at least 2 compressors.

Lets say at 20000btu system 3

1 x 12000 btu shared amongst 2 units
1 x 8000 btu standalone.

Lets say only 1 of the units connected to 12,000 btu is turned on. This means that the unit gets the full benefit of the 12,000 btu and cools the room faster and so compressor shuts off earlier. If 2 units are on, they get 6,000 btu each.

As for the 8000 btu, it is standalone.

Also be aware of inverter standby power:
http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32540

For me, inverter is worth it for bedrooms or any room where aircon is on more than 8 hours a day, but other rooms, I use regular non-inverter.

I did not read from the link you post but i do know that non-inverter has standby power as well. So if you really want to save, turn off the isolator every morning when you go to work. :)

xseanyx

Reaction score
For standard HDB Flat, you wont be able to have 2 compressors (or condensors) as the height of it will be definitely more than your windows... Only for a new HDB Flat with Aircon Ledge that you can put the high multi-compressors

Standby power, I never encounter it. Perhaps that problem is unique to Mitsubishi Electric Starmex

Besides, what's the point of saving that $500 of non inverter when you are going to pay $500 more in 1 year for the next 10 year with oil price keep going up?

He meant that the Condensing Unit has 2 compressors inside instead of 1. Standby power applies to all airconditioner not only Mitsubishi :)

xseanyx

Reaction score
Is anybody using Tr3nds service? http://trendshome.com.sg/

I have a very bad experience with them today.

Im suppose to get a aircon installation today, and they say that they will come from 11-1pm and then they push it to 1-3pm, Then i thought nevermind, as long as they come but until 3 already they still not here. From 3-3:40 i was trying to call the contractor and their office numbers and they didnt pick up ANY of my call? I called around 20 times ??!!

The office number 6286 2630 is seriously useless, the electronic system says that it will transfer the call to the delievery department/ customer service after pressing number 5/4respectively. But i can tell you it does not work. After listening to some music, it tells you that it is unable to transfer the call and then will cease the call.

I am worried now, wondering if eventually if there is a problem with my air condition, how do i contact the company? Im starting to doubt and question myself and wonder if this company is a legit company? Because the numbers are clearly for show.

To make it worst, i bought the aircon from NTUC Extra, I called NTUC also, and ALSO nobody is picking up my call?? (i called around 6 times). Then i was seriously wondering if i TIO SCAM. Until i went online and search and called their office did they get back to me, (after arguing with them asking why they did not pick up the call and what is wrong with their sub contractor) did i get a call back from my contractor at 3:50, telling me he got a problem installing aircon in another area and said he want to push it back to 5-6pm.

Anybody got call their office number before? Got work? Very scary lei, the number like fake like that.

not trying to add salt from your wound but i suggest always to get from authorized dealer from the respective brands that you are buying. You should be able to view the list of dealers from their websites rather than from places where they sub and sub to god knows who :)

cr3sent

Reaction score
not trying to add salt from your wound but i suggest always to get from authorized dealer from the respective brands that you are buying. You should be able to view the list of dealers from their websites rather than from places where they sub and sub to god knows who :)

Thanks, i did take it into consideration, but because i thought tr3nd makes portal aircon themsleves, so thought that theres some degree of speciality in aircon industry. But anyway 2 china contractor came at 6:30 and i have to say the worksmanship isnt that bad, they seal up all holes properly etc, im not a expert in these kind of things so only time can tell.

My only concern (legal and safety reasons) is my steel bracket looks so much larger and thus is bolted on the side wall (Left and right wall of the timber frame) instead of the normal bottom that i see around my residential area and theres slight crack, slight cracking on the bolted areas.

Thats the only concern i have now (slight crack and having different steel bracket from others that is that is). Other than that only time can tell.

my6600

Reaction score

yeah, correct. this is what i do as well, no matter what things i buy also.:s22:

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OT a bit, where can I get a replacement air con remote for a spoilt carrier unit? Is it possible to get used units anywhere?

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

xseanyx

Reaction score
OT a bit, where can I get a replacement air con remote for a spoilt carrier unit? Is it possible to get used units anywhere?

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

try sim lim tower if its not a real old model :)

think jurong point has this shop that sells loads of remote as well but do take a look at sim lim first cause i think it should be cheaper

Last edited:

Core2max

Reaction score

You could get the generic aircon remote also... just make sure the brand is listed in the remote packaging.

I think ntuc/homefix/selfix also sells this item.

Yueming

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

just read this thread (not everything but the last few pages)

seems like daikin is a preferred brand. (still the case?)

Any recommended dealers for air con installation and servicing?

is

Wellux Supplies & Engineering Pte Ltd good?

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My father just bought

daikin 3system non-invertor aircon

2 FT25
1 FT35
outdoor unit is MA56EV1

how is this setup?

i feel sian because he never ask me for opinion then just buy alr :(

barbaricboon

Reaction score
Good day, any 1 noes of any good and reliable company that sell and install used aircon??? I will need a SYS 4 for my flat. Bo bian.....not much budget for a new aircon

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Good day, any 1 noes of any good and reliable company that sell and install used aircon??? I will need a SYS 4 for my flat. Bo bian.....not much budget for a new aircon

actually kinda think of it... i have neber heard of pple buying/installing used air-con leh.

is there a market for it? :s8:

xiuxiu

Master Member
Reaction score
Does anyone using Daikin R22 Inverter aircon?Seem like it's the only choice for me...

barbaricboon

Reaction score
Just saw a SYS 4 inverter aircon selling for $2588 in courts. Brand is Midea. Think it is a china brand.. Any 1 using this brand??

chanel26

Reaction score
My aircon was installed by aircon singapore

For me the top 3 are:

Panasonice
Mitsubishi
Dakin

You can see so many taxi with dakin and mitsubishi printed on them nowadays.
My panasonice still working well after 6 years ;)

shevchenko

Master Member
Reaction score
i hav a qn on aircon power consumption:

For a non inverter aircon, i understand that the compressor only can on and off, will off when the desired temp is reached.
FOr a system 2, the compressor turns on when even 1 fancoil is on.
so is the power consumption same for turning 1 and 2 fancoil unit since the compressor can only turn on and off?

if the abv is true, then might as well always turn on both fancoil since pwr consumption is same.

pls advice..
thnx!

sentosaubin

Reaction score
i hav a qn on aircon power consumption:

For a non inverter aircon, i understand that the compressor only can on and off, will off when the desired temp is reached.
FOr a system 2, the compressor turns on when even 1 fancoil is on.
so is the power consumption same for turning 1 and 2 fancoil unit since the compressor can only turn on and off?

if the abv is true, then might as well always turn on both fancoil since pwr consumption is same.

pls advice..
thnx!

for non-inverter aircon, that is very true... the outdoor compressor unit doesnt have a variable rotation speed. Even if you turn on one fancoil and two fancoil, it consumes the same...

If you want the prove, you can always check your outdoor electric meter.. use stopwatch to count how many seconds it take to make 1 full rotation with one and two fancoil on for Non-inverter aircon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.