HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree892Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #1696

err.. you cant tell us if u are using system 3 or 2 meh? what is the brand of aircon? inverter or not? what BTU? etc

I dunno my aircon configuration. I try to google about the "single split" system. So, I guess mine is a Single hosed unit. 4-Room flat with flat area of 90sqm. All bedrooms come with aircon.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #1697
High Supremacy Member

Configuration of your aircon.. what brand, how many system.. etc
Brand: Panasonic
Type: Single Split Inverter
Model: CS-S9KKZW (outdoor unit: CU-S9KKZ)
BTU: 8530
Warranty: 1+4yrs (1st yr by Panasonic, 2nd to 5th yr by Courts)

Total Dmg: $14xx (including brackets, 15A powerpoint & installation)

ENVY!!! Mine was like $300!!! I wanna hang myself already. My usage is similar to urs...
wow $300 how u use one

hehehe.. change to inverter ba
mind you.. miyamew is using single split air con..

You might want to share your aircon configuration so that we can judge if your usage is normal or not
yeah all thanks to this thread, i got myself an inverter!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:05 PM   #1698
Master Member

http://www.coolserve.com/hdb.htm
mine is Mitsubushi Electric MSX-12NV
Old 12-08-2010, 11:35 PM   #1699

Well, im using the latest panasonic system 3 inverter, previously i was on non-inverter sanyo system 3, electric bill dropped from 290 average to current 200 a month with the same amount of usage...
Old 13-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #1700

http://www.coolserve.com/hdb.htm
mine is Mitsubushi Electric MSX-12NV
dude/sis... I think your aircon is quite an old model... is either never service the air con or it is simply too old?

I suggest you upgrade it to inverter and your electric bill should be less than 200 for 8-9 hr usage every day. (saving 100 every montH)
Old 13-08-2010, 08:46 AM   #1701
Master Member

dude/sis... I think your aircon is quite an old model... is either never service the air con or it is simply too old?

I suggest you upgrade it to inverter and your electric bill should be less than 200 for 8-9 hr usage every day. (saving 100 every montH)

Yes, it is a very old model.
I have serviced it twice within the last six months. But it is not giving me sufficient cold air in MBR. The other room were sufficently cold enough within a few minutes. I guess the MBR is over-used by the previous owner.

I need about two years to "breakeven" if I buy a $2400 model. Think it is wiser to buy new one. I shall check my elect bill again next mth..
Old 13-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #1702
Supremacy Member

i only turn on air con for around 3 nights every week. is it necessary for me to buy an inverter air con unit? thats like 24hours out of 7days
Old 13-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #1703
Supremacy Member

i only turn on air con for around 3 nights every week. is it necessary for me to buy an inverter air con unit? thats like 24hours out of 7days
u should no matter ur usage ish high or low...

1) inverter and non-inverter price difference ish very little
2) inverter uses R410A coolant, environmental friendly plus cool down the room more efficiently
3) inverter saves at least half of the electricity bill (dun forget electricity bill raises 20% at least every time... u will save a lot more from the initial savings for not buying inverter)
4) inverter ish quieter than non-inverter for sure
5) inverter gives u constant cooling experience (no stop and start continuously like non-inverter)
Old 14-08-2010, 04:51 AM   #1704

Brand: Panasonic
Type: Single Split Inverter
Model: CS-S9KKZW (outdoor unit: CU-S9KKZ)
BTU: 8530
Warranty: 1+4yrs (1st yr by Panasonic, 2nd to 5th yr by Courts)

Total Dmg: $14xx (including brackets, 15A powerpoint & installation)

wow $300 how u use one

yeah all thanks to this thread, i got myself an inverter!
hi miyamew, i just got the same model as you but mine was system 2 with CU-2S18KKZ, set at 27 degrees.. freezing every night.
Old 14-08-2010, 08:58 AM   #1705
Supremacy Member

u should no matter ur usage ish high or low...

1) inverter and non-inverter price difference ish very little
2) inverter uses R410A coolant, environmental friendly plus cool down the room more efficiently
3) inverter saves at least half of the electricity bill (dun forget electricity bill raises 20% at least every time... u will save a lot more from the initial savings for not buying inverter)
4) inverter ish quieter than non-inverter for sure
5) inverter gives u constant cooling experience (no stop and start continuously like non-inverter)
hi thanks for your advice. however, the sales manager at gain city introduced me a non-inverter LG air con system 3. only $1.8k including installation fees etc. and it is a 3 star energy saving.

model: H3UC216FA0

where as the inverter unit will cost around $800 more. will it be a good investment?
Old 14-08-2010, 09:16 AM   #1706
Supremacy Member

hi thanks for your advice. however, the sales manager at gain city introduced me a non-inverter LG air con system 3. only $1.8k including installation fees etc. and it is a 3 star energy saving.

where as the inverter unit will cost around $800 more. will it be a good investment?
i think u dun get the picture rite......if u want to rely on the comments or suggestions from salesperson nowadays, seriously u even need to consider which one ish good or bad....

becos the salesperson will only recon u the product that ish on their interest (better commission, less popular brand to push the product etc.....) nowadays salesperson product knowledge are all nuts........

so conclusion do ur own homework, and choose the brand that ish really good by the words of mouth (of course from those who really bought and used the product.....)

I did long enough research before i chose Mitsubishi by researching on different forums, reviews etc.....
Old 14-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #1707
Supremacy Member

seriously, the $800 more ish confirmed a good investment for sure, u can see other ppl who posted here their house electricity bill like $150 vs $300..... and aircon if u maintain well can use at least 5-10 years easily no prob....

do the calculation u will know.... and one important, if ur monthly electricity bill ish very high, i am 100% sure u will utilize ur aircon less often even u really need it during hot weather....

imagine if u on aircon 8 hrs per day, inverter $150 per mth bill while non-inverter $300, i am sure next mth u will only on ur non-inverter aircon 4 hrs or less per nite or use fan in the end and conclusion it defeats the purpose of using the aircon.

like the aircon in my parents room it is inverter, i can see my parents on the aircon at nite til morning when woke up, if the bill ish high, they may not even on the aircon, u know old ppl mind set, they are not willing to spend a lot of money even for comfort....

and my advise to u, Lousy Good brand ish not even worth to buy at all, u will definitely regret, and it won't last for sure.... stick to popular japan brand like mitsubishi or daikin at least............it may be more expensive than other lousier brand but it ish definitely worth the money....

cheap does not mean good..........keep it in mind... of course personal budget ish the constraint also not to be denied, but for me, i would rather spend more on worth for money good than buying 2nd or 3rd or even latter choice............
Old 14-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #1708
Supremacy Member

oh.. i get it.. thank you for all the advice man. really appreciate it do u have a good air con shop to recommend? is gain city a good choice for air con shopping?
Old 14-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #1709
Supremacy Member

oh.. i get it.. thank you for all the advice man. really appreciate it do u have a good air con shop to recommend? is gain city a good choice for air con shopping?
i think gain city should be ok being big electronic stall.........
Old 14-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #1710
High Supremacy Member

hi miyamew, i just got the same model as you but mine was system 2 with CU-2S18KKZ, set at 27 degrees.. freezing every night.
i always set at 25-26 ~~~ never go any lower other than these 2 temperatures

i wonder how it feels like sleeping in 16-18 degrees celsius
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.