HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree891Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #1756

My aircon is installed on the wall besides the bed, blowing into a space in the room. You can feel that the aircon is cold, so is my bed We did it this way because my wife is afraid of the cold. I am currently using Daikin.
But honestly, Panasonic is not that bad a brand either.
Old 13-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #1757

Mine is a Panasonic. I got it installed some 3 months ago. Got a system 2 for my room and my mum's. When I turned it on after a while, my room become cold but my bed is not. Could it be that the aircon is positioned at the corner of my room besides the bed and not directly blowing onto my bed as in it is placed on top of my bed and to the side? Or is it a case that Panasonic is not a great brand for aircon?
How about Daikin? Prices may be slightly on the high side but most condominiums in Singapore used Daikin, especially the good property developers for major projects. You may also want to consider Panasonic or Mitsubishi.
Mine is a Daikin and it works just fine
Old 13-10-2010, 11:37 PM   #1758
Supremacy Member

Mine is a Panasonic. I got it installed some 3 months ago. Got a system 2 for my room and my mum's. When I turned it on after a while, my room become cold but my bed is not. Could it be that the aircon is positioned at the corner of my room besides the bed and not directly blowing onto my bed as in it is placed on top of my bed and to the side? Or is it a case that Panasonic is not a great brand for aircon?
it is not facing ur bed of course u cannot feel the airflow la...it is normal la........normally not directly facing is that u won't feel cold one, unless u blow another fan directly to urself.......
Old 15-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #1759

im currently facing that too, planning to change the position of the bed or either re locate my air con ..

i feel cold walking every corner of the room, until i rest on the bed i dont felt as cool as standing.. unless i bring the temp down 1 to 2 degress... as when i wake up and walk out of the room i almost freeze to hell.. somethings wrong with my bed positioning

by the way i have a very hot room before installing air con..
Old 16-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #1760

Is the steel bracket a standard size? Looking to replace my old Samsung aircon and the shop told me that I hv to change the existing steel bracket as it is a different size from the Panasonic one that I'm aiming for... Worried that he is trying to pull a fast one on me.
Old 16-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #1761
Supremacy Member

Is the steel bracket a standard size? Looking to replace my old Samsung aircon and the shop told me that I hv to change the existing steel bracket as it is a different size from the Panasonic one that I'm aiming for... Worried that he is trying to pull a fast one on me.
not really a standard size.
Old 16-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #1762

Thanks Chunliang. Guess that fella is telling the truth
Old 17-10-2010, 12:45 AM   #1763

all condenser comes with different size. just like a 1-1 condenser is different from a 1-3 condenser bracket(SIZE).
Old 17-10-2010, 11:36 PM   #1764

wats the btu required to cool a bedroom and a master bedroom?
Old 18-10-2010, 02:39 AM   #1765
Supremacy Member

wats the btu required to cool a bedroom and a master bedroom?
if HDB, 9000k should be enough for both...........
Old 18-10-2010, 03:10 AM   #1766

if HDB, 9000k should be enough for both...........
common hdb bedroom 9k is good enuff. but if master bedroom quite bigh right. perhpas can go for 12k. but hdb just only can install up to one condenser..
Old 18-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #1767

it's not worth the money, i have heard enough bad comments about Daikin, although my aunt's place all daikin, no much problem. Think the workmanship is still the key, especially for Daikin brand.

Panasonic is still one of the most durable one. You dun wait until got problem then ask people clean lah, by right you shall clean the filter once every 3-4 months one.
Ai yah, definitely there will be some models that are a bit faulty. Maybe those who have bad comments on Daikin happened to be the unlucky ones. Mine is a Daikin and my other friends also say Daikin good leh.
Old 18-10-2010, 06:58 PM   #1768

An aircon servicing friedn said that you need to turn on the aircon at 25 degree or so and after it is warmed up, you may proceed to bring it down to your desired temperature. I think that can help to cool the room more effectively.
Old 18-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #1769

all condenser comes with different size. just like a 1-1 condenser is different from a 1-3 condenser bracket(SIZE).
just curious..why are you getting a Panasonic and not any other brands?
Old 18-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #1770

Question

Just curious..why are you getting a Panasonic and not other brands?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.