Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

felali

Reaction score
Best Tech Group

Anyone has experience with Best Tech?

They were selling Air Con at Comex, and I was looking for a Mitsubishi Electric System 3 Inverter.

They were selling at $2899, with 5 years warranty (includes compressor and motor), and $300 Cold Storage (or NTUC, forgot) vouchers. $140 servicing credit.

They also mentioned that the insulation they are using is a foam type, not the regular rubber type. (huh?)

Felt like a really good deal, but my mom couldn't make up her mind over the phone on Sunday night...

Common brochure, but didn't show the exact show prices.
http://bootstrike.com/itfairsg/come...-water-heater-price-list-flyer-brochure-7038/

Any comments?

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
Foam type insulation will dry up easily. Becomes sort of hard and breaks up easily. Rubber type will be better. IMO.

zen131

Reaction score
MIDEA Supporter....lol....

U can turn off the LED light, do u know that?
Self clean is gd also lah. keep the unit clean clean

i am aware...thanks...

i think now i become a midea freak already...juz saw their portable aircon it look cool...but i dont need one...looking forward for their washing machines which i need one soon as mine already start to crazy already...

:s13:

smoothtalker

Reaction score
Anyone has experience with Best Tech?

They were selling Air Con at Comex, and I was looking for a Mitsubishi Electric System 3 Inverter.

They were selling at $2899, with 5 years warranty (includes compressor and motor), and $300 Cold Storage (or NTUC, forgot) vouchers. $140 servicing credit.

They also mentioned that the insulation they are using is a foam type, not the regular rubber type. (huh?)

Felt like a really good deal, but my mom couldn't make up her mind over the phone on Sunday night...

Common brochure, but didn't show the exact show prices.
http://bootstrike.com/itfairsg/come...-water-heater-price-list-flyer-brochure-7038/

Any comments?

Google is your friend..

I visited their show room before and i spoke to their staff too and was not impressed. Try asking them technical questions and if they impress you, close the deal, if they don't.... ahahaha

Core2max

Reaction score
can i know why some people cover outside the pipe with aluminum foil?

I use aluminum tape (get from daiso) to cover the rubber insulation for outdoor unit. This is to protect the rubber from weather (hot/rain will damage the rubber).

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$2 investment will make your insulation rubber last longer... :D

i think i buy aluminum foil and ask the guy that install my air con to cover my insulation rubber with aluminum foil and use a duct tape to stick it

arazakms

Reaction score
Trend portable Air-C ondition

Please don't buy this trend portable Air-Condition the aftersale personal is bad,the air-con is noisy and its power consume unit.

NobleGrp

Reaction score
Fact:

1) Used a system 3 Mitsubishi Heavy industries aircon for 10 years with only 1 minor break down where the aircon was not cold, but a normal service with gas top up brought it back to life. This is not mitsubishi electric that jack neo advertise so its cheaper.

2) Shifted and change to Daikin system 3 inverter, within 1 month, problem started to arise from water leakage to a damaged compressor. Problem carried on for a year, during this time we have not paid the company that installed for us(don't ask me how we did it), we insisted that if they want the money, make sure the aircon dont give us problem. But every month or two, we had to get them down to fix the aircon leakage problem. This drag on for a year and finally they had enough and told us to either pay for it or they will remove the aircon, we opt the latter as there is no point in paying for a rubbish aircon.

3) Called up the person that installed the MHI from 10 years ago and come over to our place to install another MHI inverter system 3. No problems so far and its much colder than the daikin one even when we set the same temp. Mitsubishi compressor pushes out air that is warmer compared that ****ty daikin and according to the foreman, the warmer it is, the better it is. This unit saves more energy too according to NEA.

Verdict: The brand of the aircon is important, the aftersales is important but the most important is the installation process which can only be done by a trusted company with the right team of installers. They were around $30-$50 more than the lowest quote i got, but at least they didnt bring their team of bangras/ah nehs to install compared with my daikin installer. Well worth the extra $50 for a stress free night. And by stress free night i mean not have to wake up in the middle of the night hearing drips and running around getting cloths, pail and a mop to wipe the mess up. Go stingy on your purchase and it will eventually bite you back.. been there done that. Good luck.

felali

Reaction score
Oh, I heard there's a HUGE Gain City exhibition going on right now at Expo. Heh...

mark lim

Reaction score
main purpose of the insulation is to prevent condensation. and this you want to avoid happening indoors. if it is outdoors you don't really care. so if the insulation outside crumbles it is also ok. the aluminum tape that people used is only for the outdoor section, not covered by trunking.

envyme

Reaction score
Intend to get a 2nd hand split aircon but noidea about Btu.
and inverter or non inverter.

And compressor as well ** noob

If i only wanna install aircon for my room,
can get those 1 big one Must get compressor huh ??....=D

Not a heavy user only at night and prolly 3-4 times/week ?

any recommendation.

saw a samsung SYSTEM 2 AIRCON-18000BTU .any comments?

envyme

Reaction score
also any lobangs for companes to dismantle fm owner hse n install in my hse .. how much is the range?
thank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.