Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

X18

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your prompt reply chungliang! :D

Yes my flat is a new flat so very small... sigh. Most of the time 3 air-cons will not be on at the same time, the most 2 at the same time for bed-rooms.

Do you think the self drying feature is important? This is the only factor which is pushing me away from Mitsubishi Electric...

As for the insulation, the supplier will provide 1/2 inch...

What is your view on Mitsubishi Heavy Industrial series? From what I know it comes with the auto drying feature right? I inquired to the supplier on the phone however the lady kept mentioning it is no good (made in Thailand, spare parts have to wait for very long)

Thanks again! :D

X18

Master Member
Reaction score
I recommend u get Daikin 3mkd75 or MIT Elect 3a28.

Thanks for the reply air-con guru! :D

Could you kindly advise whether it is crucial to have the auto self cleaning dryer for air-con?

For the same price which one would you recommend, Daikin 3MKD75 or MIT Elec 3A28? (In fact Daikin is $100 more ex)

If I get the R22 Daikin 3MKD75, in future when it is phased out do I have to change the whole piping for R410A?

Thanks again! :)

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply air-con guru! :D

Could you kindly advise whether it is crucial to have the auto self cleaning dryer for air-con?

For the same price which one would you recommend, Daikin 3MKD75 or MIT Elec 3A28? (In fact Daikin is $100 more ex)

If I get the R22 Daikin 3MKD75, in future when it is phased out do I have to change the whole piping for R410A?

Thanks again! :)

i think u are better off sticking to R410A gas. somemore R410A gas cooling capability is higher.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your prompt reply chungliang! :D

Yes my flat is a new flat so very small... sigh. Most of the time 3 air-cons will not be on at the same time, the most 2 at the same time for bed-rooms.

Do you think the self drying feature is important? This is the only factor which is pushing me away from Mitsubishi Electric...

As for the insulation, the supplier will provide 1/2 inch...

What is your view on Mitsubishi Heavy Industrial series? From what I know it comes with the auto drying feature right? I inquired to the supplier on the phone however the lady kept mentioning it is no good (made in Thailand, spare parts have to wait for very long)

Thanks again! :D

tink 3MKS50ESG will be gd enough for u. some more its R410A. it will sure to cool faster compare to R22 if u were to on all 3 bedrooms.

mine is a MA56EV1 daikin non-inverter. doesnt hav any self cleaning feature, so i use manual lo. my parents already used to switch to fan mode after she wake up, after like 30mins later switch off.

of cos it can be a important feature when u press "on/off" button on the remote, and the unit helps u to do the job.:D

i only know little ppl using Mitsubishi Heavy Industrial. u can jus look through yr blk. most using daikin, panasonic, mitsubishi electric.

chase79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HI Harmank and Sinori,

I am intending to buy Midea Luna A95 system 2. So far how you guys think of Midea? Is it noisy, both the outdoor and indoor unit? Is the aircon cooling?

I was about to buy Midea just now but got one salesman say dont buy...got customer complain not cold. I dont know how true.

The salesman is right

terumo

Reaction score
For same price, take Mit 3a28.
If use G23 piping, it can handle both R22 n R410 if installed properly.

X18

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your kind advice! :D

My last two choices:

1. Daikin inverter system 3 3MKD75DVM / FTKD25 X 3 (3 ticks R22) - S$2999
Pros: Cheaper maintenance, auto fan drying feature, matt surface finishing (subjective lol) and it's a Daikin!
Cons: Higher price, Slightly higher energy consumption, not environmental friendly, not as efficient comparatively.

2. Mitsubishi Electric inverter system 3 MXY3A28 / MSYGE10VA X 3 (4 ticks R410A) -S$2899
Pros: Cheaper price, Slightly lower energy consumption, environmental friendly, using R410A gas so more efficient and cooler.
Cons: Higher maintenance cost, no auto fan drying feature, no fan mode (??,need to confirm).

Should I be more environmental conscious and show more concerns to our mother earth by choosing R410A? Or should I be more friendly with my wallet by choosing R22 considering the lower maintenance cost in long term? :o

tay76101

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your kind advice! :D

My last two choices:

1. Daikin inverter system 3 3MKD75DVM / FTKD25 X 3 (3 ticks R22) - S$2999
Pros: Cheaper maintenance, auto fan drying feature, matt surface finishing (subjective lol) and it's a Daikin!
Cons: Higher price, Slightly higher energy consumption, not environmental friendly, not as efficient comparatively.

2. Mitsubishi Electric inverter system 3 MXY3A28 / MSYGE10VA X 3 (4 ticks R410A) -S$2899
Pros: Cheaper price, Slightly lower energy consumption, environmental friendly, using R410A gas so more efficient and cooler.
Cons: Higher maintenance cost, no auto fan drying feature, no fan mode (??,need to confirm).

Should I be more environmental conscious and show more concerns to our mother earth by choosing R410A? Or should I be more friendly with my wallet by choosing R22 considering the lower maintenance cost in long term? :o

Hi X18,

Yes, you should show concerns to our mother earth. I am using R410A. I bought the new Mitsubishi Heavy SCM60ZJ-S / SRK25ZJ-S x 2 instead of Daikin. I am quite happy with it. Becaause it has less noisy and allow comfortable cool. Thanks to my parent for fixed choosing the Mitsubishi Heavy.

Sorry for my bad english.

X18

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi X18,

Yes, you should show concerns to our mother earth. I am using R410A. I bought the new Mitsubishi Heavy SCM60ZJ-S / SRK25ZJ-S x 2 instead of Daikin. I am quite happy with it. Becaause it has less noisy and allow comfortable cool. Thanks to my parent for fixed choosing the Mitsubishi Heavy.

Sorry for my bad english.

Hi haha ok more less decided to go with MIT 3A28. Must listen to the air-con guru lol :D

X18

Master Member
Reaction score
I went to Best Tech at IMM today and the Sales lady mentioned something which is contradicting to what I have learned from this thread.

1. She mentioned that Kflex class 1 insulation is actually better than Armaflex class 0. She showed me the samples of both and pointed out that the Kflex material is more dense compared to Armaflex class 0. When I looked at both indeed Kflex is more dense.

2. When I requested for 1/2" insulation rather than the standard 3/8", she mentioned it serves no purpose and I'm only wasting my money.

3. She also mentioned that the size of the water outlet point for all air-cons are actually the same hence even if I upgrade from 13mm to 16mm it does not really help.

4. Lastly, she mentioned that most of residential fire insurance only covers for those with insulation of class 1 but not class 0 ??:s11:

Would appreciate all the air-cons gurus here can comment and advise on the above statements...

Cheers...

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
I went to Best Tech at IMM today and the Sales lady mentioned something which is contradicting to what I have learned from this thread.

1. She mentioned that Kflex class 1 insulation is actually better than Armaflex class 0. She showed me the samples of both and pointed out that the Kflex material is more dense compared to Armaflex class 0. When I looked at both indeed Kflex is more dense.

2. When I requested for 1/2" insulation rather than the standard 3/8", she mentioned it serves no purpose and I'm only wasting my money.

3. She also mentioned that the size of the water outlet point for all air-cons are actually the same hence even if I upgrade from 13mm to 16mm it does not really help.

4. Lastly, she mentioned that most of residential fire insurance only covers for those with insulation of class 1 but not class 0 ??:s11:

Would appreciate all the air-cons gurus here can comment and advise on the above statements...

Cheers...

although i ain't a guru... but being denser doesn't necessarily mean it's a better insulator. Quite the contrary, the less dense a material it usually means it's a better insulator.

also, if i'm not mistaken, class 0 is (by classification) means it's better in terms of insulation.

as for 1/2"... ask her if she's willingly to give warranty against condensation of the Cu pipes then... =:p

the insurance thingie... i have absolutely no idea...

paging for air-con Guru: Terumo

terumo

Reaction score
The class 0 and class 1 refers to the fire rating properties of the insulation. I dont think it has anything to do with which one can absorb water better from the piping.

If you use 16mm instead of 13mm, it will have more space for the water to flow and for dirt build up despite all aircon outlets is if the same size.
I will say 16mm will prolong the time taken for water leak to happen. It will not prevent the issue. Only way to prevent it is with regular servicing.

Amraflex is more commonly used by aircon installers. Installer will not want to use a material that will give problems later on as they provide a one year warrt.
1/2 insulation is more commonly used for aircon piping that are installed above false ceiling to help better prevent condensation as the ceiling is of a different temp then the room.

For the insurance thing, i am not sure. I would not comment.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
The class 0 and class 1 refers to the fire rating properties of the insulation. I dont think it has anything to do with which one can absorb water better from the piping.

If you use 16mm instead of 13mm, it will have more space for the water to flow and for dirt build up despite all aircon outlets is if the same size.
I will say 16mm will prolong the time taken for water leak to happen. It will not prevent the issue. Only way to prevent it is with regular servicing.

Amraflex is more commonly used by aircon installers. Installer will not want to use a material that will give problems later on as they provide a one year warrt.
1/2 insulation is more commonly used for aircon piping that are installed above false ceiling to help better prevent condensation as the ceiling is of a different temp then the room.

oh? that's interesting.

so the ratings has nothing to do with insulation property then?

also what is fire rating then? fire-resistance? if so, which is better? 0 or 1? :s11:

smoothtalker

Reaction score

Cheers...

hahaha I went to best tech before too. I personally don't like their service...

They show the insulation kflex is more of a rubber finish. The armaflex the more foam feeling right? If they tell you 3/8 and 1/2 no diff. then ask if 2 pipe press against each other until tight tight sure won't have condensation?

Last time i went wanted to buy aircon they keep pushing mitsubishi heavy industry and not willing to tell me the price unless i buying only say can give very good price..

I ask them some technical question and they can't answer. i know liao... i don't trust them already. Ask them about cooper gauge, insulation and the r410 refrigerant. all give me funny reply. of course i know my things before i go to test their service. end up i buy from other people.

Last edited:

mark lim

Reaction score

actually i have never ever experienced any water leak(sanyo `15years; daikin 8years), been using 16mm pipes. it not the maintenance, but the routing of the pipe. if there is enough gradient, it will never have clogging issues.

yes, agree with you. 1/2in is for ceilings. the other reason why 1/2 is not really used in trunking as it is a little large and can possibly make the trunking a little too big. ie you might need to go one size bigger for the trunking.

anyway insulation is always used to prevent condensation. some people believe that it makes the aircon colder, which it does not.

biatche

Reaction score
looking for silent 1hp-1.5hp airconditioner, would like to know the current options (for another room).

i currently own mitsubishi MSY GE10VA . yea its silent... but would like to know its competitors, and if there's anything actually better.

1. dont need fast cooling features.
2. must be silent at all times
3. i dislike wind chill. so minimal airflow and good control of wind direction is good.
4. i dislike very very cold. cool is enough.

please suggest
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.