Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nenekochi

Reaction score
Hi, has questions regarding aircon installation. Y do the aircon installers need 2 trips to fix the aircon? Any benefit to do it in 2 trips?
thks thks

terumo

Reaction score
2 trips r for people who r doing Reno to their house.
The 1st trip to run piping, 2nd trip is to install aircon after most of Reno (built in fittings, painting) r done.

sillykid

Reaction score
I am not sure, how they install a single window mount air conditioner

what do they install?
what do I need?

need pipe? will drip water?

alvinblank

Reaction score
I intend to get a System 3 and am not quite verse with choosing. Would prefer a recommended installer to buy from and trust them on it. Any recommendations?

k3vvie

Reaction score
Jus curious. I jus upgraded to a new multisplit inverter system today. Do they need to recharge the gas before 1st use??? My installers did the installation n went off coz they got another place to go. My system seems to be nt as cold as compared to my old system. It does nt cool the room down to 18 deg after 1 + hr. Den there after I went out and now still outside. Can only try again later. . But it might also be the hot weather due to the fact the weather is humid n warm in the afternoon and the walls r hot.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jus curious. I jus upgraded to a new multisplit inverter system today. Do they need to recharge the gas before 1st use??? My installers did the installation n went off coz they got another place to go. My system seems to be nt as cold as compared to my old system. It does nt cool the room down to 18 deg after 1 + hr. Den there after I went out and now still outside. Can only try again later. . But it might also be the hot weather due to the fact the weather is humid n warm in the afternoon and the walls r hot.

I dont tink there is a need top up gas.

tay76101

Reaction score

Could you tell me what is brand/model you bought the new multi-split inverter system? Have you tried to use the powerful button on your wireless remoto control?

k3vvie

Reaction score
Could you tell me what is brand/model you bought the new multi-split inverter system? Have you tried to use the powerful button on your wireless remoto control?

panasonic inverter... cu-2s18kkz... havent try the powerful mode yet...

Last edited:

k3vvie

Reaction score
mm tried powerful more for 1 hr now @ 22 deg... not that cold until 22 deg leh... abt 26 deg now...

ytd ntie set 25 deg to slp not that cooling either.. but managed to slp through the night...

will monitor for the next day or so... if still like that den i think i gotta call the installation coy down to check the refrigerant...

tay76101

Reaction score
mm tried powerful more for 1 hr now @ 22 deg... not that cold until 22 deg leh... abt 26 deg now...

ytd ntie set 25 deg to slp not that cooling either.. but managed to slp through the night...

will monitor for the next day or so... if still like that den i think i gotta call the installation coy down to check the refrigerant...

I think you need to get installation to fix either your indoor aircon or outdoor aircon. May i know whether your outdoor is vibrate or not?

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which brand is more worth while ? Midea , Sanyo or Daikin ?

It is for cooling 3 rooms excluding the living room

k3vvie

Reaction score
I think you need to get installation to fix either your indoor aircon or outdoor aircon. May i know whether your outdoor is vibrate or not?

operates normally leh.. no vibration... and its quiter too. i bought a thermometer to measure the room and the temp is correct. when i set to 25 deg, half hr ltr its abt 25 to 26 deg...

maybe its me or my old set when i set 25 its actually infact 22... lols...

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am thinking of getting a system 3 aircon for my new house*. May I know any recommendation on the:

Brand:
Model:
Price:
Place for good lobang:

Preferably with 4 ticks kind

Is a brand new flat - 94sqm only

Most probably all 2 out of the 3 aircons will be on for more than 8hours

The other 1 in the Master Bedroom will only be on occasionally

Many thanks... Really appreciate the help

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
New system comes pre charged with gas. There is no need to top up gas after installation.

What temp is your room after 1 hr of usage? And what temp you set on your remote?

k3vvie

Reaction score
New system comes pre charged with gas. There is no need to top up gas after installation.

What temp is your room after 1 hr of usage? And what temp you set on your remote?

22 on remote. but 24 on thermometer. needs abt 2 hr to cool to 22. my room is only 4 X 3. standard HDB bedroom. i believe the aircon is enough to cool my room...

terumo

Reaction score
On average, the aircon should cool down the room to 23-24 within 60 mins under normal conditions.
To achieve 22 and below, requires more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.