Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmkimlo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hihi..

I am considering between the following three brands:
1) Misubitshi Electric (MXY3A)
2) Mitsubitshi Heavy Industrial (SCM60ZJ-S)
3) Midea Luna 9A2/9A5

Which one will you all recommend?

freespiritsy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which brand is more worth while ? Midea , Sanyo or Daikin ?

It is for cooling 3 rooms excluding the living room

Daikin's mkt leader. Midea from China so i guess quality can't really vouch for. Sanyo is ex National - i've not used Sanyo so can't quite comment.

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hihi..

3) Midea Luna 9A2/9A5

I am in the same dilemma which of the above 3 models to purchase. In the end I opted for MHI. I had no regrets so far, though I have yet to receive my PUB bill to validate if it is indeed an energy saver.

I had struck Midea Luna out for the savings from Midea was not fantastic, and my new Midea washing machine was so super loud that I would now only wash my laundry during day time. It's not worth taking the risk for the potential savings of $300.

It was a tough choice between ME and MHI. Though both are 4 stars energy saver, from specifications MHI is more energy efficient, MHI is more energy efficient as compare to Daikin too [for my Inverter System 2].

The MHI was super quiet.

Brand Model Type Green Ticks Cooling Capacity (kW) COP* Part Load COP#

Annual Energy Consumption (kWh)1
Estimated Energy Cost ($)2
Full Load Part Load Full Load Part Load
LG A3UQ186FA2 Multi-split (inverter) 4 5.38 4.83 5.59 3270 1372 996 418
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd SRC40ZHX-S Multi-split (inverter) 4 4.17 4.49 6.04 2716 934 827 285
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd SCM45ZJ-S Multi-split (inverter) 4 4.49 4.41 5.47 2978 1226 907 373
Daikin 3MKS50ESG, 3MKS50ESGE Multi-split (inverter) 4 4.97 4.25 5.16 3416 1460 1040 445
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd SCM60ZJ-S Multi-split (inverter) 4 6.17 4.24 5.74 4263 1548 1298 471

kmkimlo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in the end, i still opted for ME, as the MHI compressor is too tall.. I afraid that it cannot go out of my window.. Plus, i am using ME in my current flat.. No problems with it so far..

I went down to Queensway/Alexander one day. The helpful uncle there gave me a close to 30 minutes lesson on air-con. He says if i choosing between ME and Midea, it is akin to choosing Sony TV and Akira TV. :s13: He recommend me Euroace though, but i quite apprehensive cause i never heard of that brand before. Any air-con expert here used Euroace before? :)

But in the end, i think it boils down to a reliable agent who will set-up the air-con and trunking.. Opted for a recommended air-con contractor by my wife's uncle instead of Best Tech though the pricing is similar. I prefer a hassle-free experience for my air-con.. :s13:

kallstrom

Reaction score
Dear all,

I planning to buy 2 air con for my room.

I would like to know that usually we saw in newspaper ads, the price wit installation, any other hidden cost??

Thanks

chase79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hihi..

3) Midea Luna 9A2/9A5

Give Midea a miss, within 1 month the service crew have already came down 5 times. Really is the worst aircon i have use

OceanEleven

Master Member
Reaction score
Having a Mitsubishi unit (Mr. Slim) for about 7-8yrs, can’t remember the model, whether invert or not? Only have 2 blowers one in MBR 1.5HP 12K BTU (size of 2 bedrooms) and one more in other room, 9K BTU. MBR has been leaking in recent months. Did 2 time complete chemical washing this year alone, vacuuming at the drainage pipe, problem solve for a while then back again.

Just did a chemical wash last night, technician inspected the compressor, top up gas and so on. Later when trial run, suspect compressor not running, pour water over compressor and observe “smoke” rising, saying overheating, waited a while and continue to pour water till cool further and blower starting to blow cool air. Problem solved and technician left. Later on the aircon again and no cool air at all, only blowing wind but amount of wind did improve after the chemical wash.

So guys, any advice on what is happening?
Shall proceed with repair or simply replace the complete system?
Need a system 2 only, with usage mainly in MBR (size of 2 bedroom), any recommendation?
Due to concealed piping and trunking, prefer to reuse existing? Any comments?

Synchron

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Give Midea a miss, within 1 month the service crew have already came down 5 times. Really is the worst aircon i have use

mine is working very well. nv give me any headache, moreover it reduced lots of electrical bills for me

terumo

Reaction score
Your compressor jammed, cause overheating. Think replace new system better. Not worth to replace the compressor.

juvezio

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am noob in air-con, hope someone here can help me.

I plan to buy one air-con for my new hdb, 4-room.

1. so need to install in 3 room and living room. So i should get a system 4 aircon right?

2.what aircon you would recommend for quiet and energy saving?

3. what other thing to consider when selecting air-con?

htancl

Reaction score
Hi all,
My 8yrs old Dakin is inverter is now having this strange problem.

One of the room's unit will automatically power on by itself. You cannot off it neither using the remote or the power button. You will have to off the aircon main power switch.

My master bedroom when on will power off itself after sometime.
You cannot on it again using the remote/power button on the
condenser unit. Have to reset the main power switch.

I got the feeling that the unit in my study room is the culprit. Whenever the master room unit power off itself, the unit in the study
room will power on.

Any kind advise what could be wrong? Can I just disconnect power on the problematic unit?

THanks

Last edited:

spyder79

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to keep u update on my Midea sys 2 aircon.
Pls DONT BUY THIS CHINA Brand!
Only after 2 months, the service crew have aleady come down 5 times and have aleady change 1 unit of my single split unit.
After which air con some time cold some time not cold.
Ask the guy to come down check, set at 17 deg, room temp can only hit 25 and the F**ker dare to tell me it is cold.
All the excuses starts to come out

Dont even touch this Brand

i saw the internal of the unit, so poorly done. the air filter look like a toy model. the edges are not done properly. avoid this brand at all cost.

smoothtalker

Reaction score
i saw the internal of the unit, so poorly done. the air filter look like a toy model. the edges are not done properly. avoid this brand at all cost.

Friend. I think sometimes it's not the product but the service team. Because a product for a multi-national company should at least work to the minimum specs.

The service team is the problem. Singapore aircon business IMO is very dark. Like my previous Samsung aircon. The service team is by a certain 3 letters company. They seriously Bo sim. Really ultimate smoke bomb. They can tell lies such as inverter R410 type not as cold as R22 aircon. All sorts of lies. They damage my aircon insulation simple use aircon tape to cover and didn't bother to vacuum dry the pipe before charging refrigerant and claims everyone also fix aircon that way, etc.

What I did was to take pictures of everything and email the company. I change for Mitsubishi for free. Really IMO it's the lack of proper knowledge and training of the technician for most of local aircon service company. A good aircon with lousy installation can work ok. A cheap aircon with lousy installation cannot work. That's probably the problem.

Last edited:

dragonbryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
My 8yrs old Dakin is inverter is now having this strange problem.

One of the room's unit will automatically power on by itself. You cannot off it neither using the remote or the power button. You will have to off the aircon main power switch.

My master bedroom when on will power off itself after sometime.
You cannot on it again using the remote/power button on the
condenser unit. Have to reset the main power switch.

I got the feeling that the unit in my study room is the culprit. Whenever the master room unit power off itself, the unit in the study
room will power on.

Any kind advise what could be wrong? Can I just disconnect power on the problematic unit?

THanks

Ummm.... I think your house got ghost......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.