Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

freespiritsy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read that the price for the compressor is almost same as a brand new system, and that most people will opt to change the whole system.

IS it worth just to change the compressor?

guess it makes more sense to change whole system if u want to minimize hassle in terms of system breaking down, etc. I personally will do so. But my other half feels otherwise as he likes to experiment with changing certain parts of system to 'test' it out as he's a technical/DIY sort of guy. So, we just recently changed our Daikin compressor (a 2nd recon one at that). Price wise, i guess it's just abt 20-30% cheaper.

terumo

Reaction score
For Daikin inverter, 3/4mk75hven/fven.
There is no more first hand unit, only recon available...

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a system 4 mitshibishi starmex inverter which is 7 years old.. I was using the aircon when there was no air coming out from all the 4 units. The operations light also keep blinking at the same speed. If I off and on the fan coil, the air will blow but the operation light still blinks and it is just blowing air and not cold air. Anyone fix such problem?

PAP

Reaction score
Any good aircon shop to recommend?

Hi all,

I'm shopping around for 2x system 3 aircon for my house. Any recommendations for a reliable aircon shop (sell aircon plus installation)?

I used Hong Tar from IMM years ago. It was ok but recently heard that there are some problems with them.

Any advice is appreciated!

snip82

Reaction score
Daikin's mkt leader. Midea from China so i guess quality can't really vouch for. Sanyo is ex National - i've not used Sanyo so can't quite comment.

sorry juz to correct TS.. national is panasonic previous name those working in panasonic will know if they undergo their orentation which they intro their company history.. Panasonic Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

National i heard from alot of my friend is a good aircon.. can last pretty long.. U saw those old model aircon in those shop houses.. some of them are national and still working..

freespiritsy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry juz to correct TS.. national is panasonic previous name those working in panasonic will know if they undergo their orentation which they intro their company history.. Panasonic Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

National i heard from alot of my friend is a good aircon.. can last pretty long.. U saw those old model aircon in those shop houses.. some of them are national and still working..

tks 4 d clarification :)

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
all the midea air con users.. any major setbacks yet??

Luckily I didn't opt for the Midea air con. My new Midea washing machine, after 2 washes, has now started to give me problem. Thought I can just live with the 'super loud' noise, I now got the problem that at the end wash, the door just could not open, and I am not able to retrieve my laundry. I had to start the wash again. Think hard!

freespiritsy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Luckily I didn't opt for the Midea air con. My new Midea washing machine, after 2 washes, has now started to give me problem. Thought I can just live with the 'super loud' noise, I now got the problem that at the end wash, the door just could not open, and I am not able to retrieve my laundry. I had to start the wash again. Think hard!

guess the saying 'u pay peanuts, u get monkeys' holds true .. but it's OK i guess, sometimes we shld test out 'cheap' appliances - for all we know, may be cheap n gd :)

Seasons_99

Reaction score
I'm have been using my Mcquay system 3 (12+9+9 BTU) for about 12 years. 12K at MBR was used daily and the remaining 2x9BTU units are hardly on (e.g. turned on once a month) and is as good as new.

Had serviced my 12,000 BTU unit at MBR regularly and during my last round of servicing, I was told that I'm unable to do chemical wash anymore (had done 4 times) and there will not be anymore 3 months warranty against leak, etc for the servicing. As at now, there is entire no leakage problem with my unit and I'm having it at 27 degrees daily as its already cool enough for me.

Had thought of getting a 12,000 BTU unit (Mcquay or other brands) to solve the problem, or to swap my 9,000 BTU unit in other room with the 12,000BTU unit in my MBR.

Would like to seek all bros advice on whether this is possible.

Alternatively, have explored getting Toshiba/Mitsubishi Electric system 3 from Coolserve ( RAS-4M26SACV / RAS-M10SKCV X 2 / RAS-M13SKCV) or (MXY-3A28VA / MSXY-FD10VA x 2 / MSXY-FD13VA) but was taken aback by their pricing. On the net, it was quoted as $3477 and $3381 for HDB flats. As mine is a non-HDB + concealed piping, I need to add another $500 for additional works for concealed piping (opening up holes on false ceiling) and another $500 for patching up these holes on the false ceiling. These excludes painting and I need to find my own contractor to do the painting. Total cost is around $4,500.

May I know if the additional $1K is reasonable or there are other shops where I can get the exact deal at around $3,500 (which includes painting as well)?

kop2311987

Reaction score
if let say among this 3 air con

panasonic-cheaper den daikin and mit starmex by 100

daikin and mit starmex same price..

which set to get better? panasonic / daikin / mit starmex?

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if let say among this 3 air con

panasonic-cheaper den daikin and mit starmex by 100

daikin and mit starmex same price..

which set to get better? panasonic / daikin / mit starmex?

mhi cheaper than mit by 100, you may want to consider mhi.

konozaku

Reaction score
Whicn brand is good?

Hi all,

I am considering buying a single split air-con for my room. I went to Courts today and saw a promo for Sanyo @ $769 installation included for a 900BTU unit non-inverter unit. Can I know if this is a good price? The sales man said non-inverter and inverter no difference unless you open 24/7. Is Sanyo a good brand? I was being quoted $1,000 for Daikin inverter single split unit too by a private contractor. Can I know which is better or are there better recommendations?

Do give me your comments thanks.

jamir

Reaction score
I am going back to Mitsubishi...

after 12 years & minor servicing here & there of my Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Con, I think its time for an overhaul. Thinking of buying the Mitsubishi Inverter , definitely not getting from CoolServe & their price marked up.. best wait for sale at Expo then buy to get the freebies & discount.. waiting for post XMas sale.. problem is now my Air-Con is noisy.. Elite Air-Con sales(lady) came in to take a look & diagnosed at Rubber wear out. Techinician came tody & said Fan motor.. recon unit $380, she even told me she earn $100 , wah lau.. later discount to $350.. still thinking if I should just change the whole system...!!!

Confused confused...:eek:

I'm have been using my Mcquay system 3 (12+9+9 BTU) for about 12 years. 12K at MBR was used daily and the remaining 2x9BTU units are hardly on (e.g. turned on once a month) and is as good as new.

Had serviced my 12,000 BTU unit at MBR regularly and during my last round of servicing, I was told that I'm unable to do chemical wash anymore (had done 4 times) and there will not be anymore 3 months warranty against leak, etc for the servicing. As at now, there is entire no leakage problem with my unit and I'm having it at 27 degrees daily as its already cool enough for me.

Had thought of getting a 12,000 BTU unit (Mcquay or other brands) to solve the problem, or to swap my 9,000 BTU unit in other room with the 12,000BTU unit in my MBR.

Would like to seek all bros advice on whether this is possible.

Alternatively, have explored getting Toshiba/Mitsubishi Electric system 3 from Coolserve ( RAS-4M26SACV / RAS-M10SKCV X 2 / RAS-M13SKCV) or (MXY-3A28VA / MSXY-FD10VA x 2 / MSXY-FD13VA) but was taken aback by their pricing. On the net, it was quoted as $3477 and $3381 for HDB flats. As mine is a non-HDB + concealed piping, I need to add another $500 for additional works for concealed piping (opening up holes on false ceiling) and another $500 for patching up these holes on the false ceiling. These excludes painting and I need to find my own contractor to do the painting. Total cost is around $4,500.

May I know if the additional $1K is reasonable or there are other shops where I can get the exact deal at around $3,500 (which includes painting as well)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.