HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2010, 06:18 PM   #1936

Are you using Panasonic Inverter? I'm using CU-18KKZ and I have no problem of noisiness etc... installed by Coolserve.

I have banned Gaincity for aircon matters

Sigh..... Gain City installation again?

Me also got noisy compressor since Day 1 but panasonic brand. Are you re-using existing piping or new pipe installed by them?

Not sure if you got the same installation group as me, the senior one call Ah Yong.
Old 29-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #1937

if you do google search about gaincity installation, a lot of people has complained. Me Included.... NEVER NEVER EVER use them.... you can see their technician attitudes and non-responsive customer service. I learn the hard way.. and I guess you too

Yes Gain City. dun know the name of the person.. I do have the handphone number though..

From day 1, my LG compressor is so loud that I think my neighbour would kill me (if I am them). When I got gain city installation team down, they do all kinds of funny things but it does not solve. In fact, they even stood me up once. After ding dong for 3 weeks, finally LG came down themselves and there is a moving part inside the LG compressor hitting the side of the compressor. WHen I asked LG why a NEW compressor can have a part like that, they just shugged their shoulder.

Now the compressor is better but still noisier than I like.. perhaps it is just me...

I use new pipes... cause the old air con was non invertor and i changed to inverter so have to change the pipes. Hence if the pipe is bend not properly, it must be them... the idea that I have to use 23 degree instead of 21 degree (or lower) is just crazy.. so why I buy an aircon.. so that I can use it at 23 ?? He did not even bother to look at the pipe to see if it is okay..

I read somewhere that air con are almost the same one.. the issue is WHO install them..

SIGH... u think I will buy LG and Gain City stuff anymore from now ?
Old 30-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #1938

Gaxx Cixx is a big company. They can't possibly please all their clients. Some have negative feedback, some clients give positive feedback.

Some views of mine,
When buying/choosing a aircon.
1. We should see how is our usage first.
>6 hrs daily, go for inverter. <6hrs daily, go for non-inverter. If your usage is low, then inverter unit won't help you save much $ thru bills, so why pay the high set up cost?
2. Choose a 1-2 brands that you prefer.
3. Choose a company and look @ their installation materials.
4. Lastly nego for the price.

For installation materials,
i feel that G23 copper is enough for hdb/condo/pte hse.
G23 is good for pipings concealed/in trunking.
Drainage 13mm is gd. Got 16mm is better.
Insulation, class 0 or class 1 is the same. The class refers to the fire rating of the insulation. But we are talking about absorbing of water and preventing heat loss here, so the class is not important here.
Commonly used brands like Aramflex/Thermaflex is accepted.

Skill/experience of the technician coming to install your aircon also plays a part.

A aircon system will last you 5-7 years. Make your choice slowly and don't be affected by other factors like free vouchers/servicing. Do not be pressed by salesmam to make a purchase. They incur extra costs to rent a booth during a expo, so you think is that is really a promotional price compared to what they are selling @ their usual showroom (which have a fixed cost?)
Even if a company is more expensive by $200 but you feel that what they can offer meets your requirements, why not?
Saving $200 to cause you taking off/leave later on to rectify the issues during warrtany period is not worth it.

Thanks...
Old 30-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #1939

Terumo: Big company is not an excuse to not pleasing their clients...
when company get arrogant, customer can vote using their hard-earned-money
Old 30-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #1940

To Bro sentosaubin,
What i mean is not becos they are big, they have the bo chup attitude.
I mean they have too many installation teams and staff. They cant possibly please all clients (as in have the exact same standard etc...)
Some people see a blower is slanted after installing, they cant accept. The same blower might be seen as straight or not so slant by others and they can accept.
Btw, usually blower slanted is not becos it is installed slanted, its becos the ceiling is slanted, so the blower although straight appears slanted.
Different people have different standard.

I always tell my frens, if they expect 100% from others when others provide a service/sell a product to them, do they themselves give 100% when they are working or when they provide a service to others.

We pay $, of cos we expect to get what is worth. Give and take maybe say 5%-10%.
Old 31-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #1941

Gaxx Cixx is a big company. They can't possibly please all their clients. Some have negative feedback, some clients give positive feedback.

Some views of mine,
When buying/choosing a aircon.
1. We should see how is our usage first.
>6 hrs daily, go for inverter. <6hrs daily, go for non-inverter. If your usage is low, then inverter unit won't help you save much $ thru bills, so why pay the high set up cost?
2. Choose a 1-2 brands that you prefer.
3. Choose a company and look @ their installation materials.
4. Lastly nego for the price.

For installation materials,
i feel that G23 copper is enough for hdb/condo/pte hse.
G23 is good for pipings concealed/in trunking.
Drainage 13mm is gd. Got 16mm is better.
Insulation, class 0 or class 1 is the same. The class refers to the fire rating of the insulation. But we are talking about absorbing of water and preventing heat loss here, so the class is not important here.
Commonly used brands like Aramflex/Thermaflex is accepted.

Skill/experience of the technician coming to install your aircon also plays a part.

A aircon system will last you 5-7 years. Make your choice slowly and don't be affected by other factors like free vouchers/servicing. Do not be pressed by salesmam to make a purchase. They incur extra costs to rent a booth during a expo, so you think is that is really a promotional price compared to what they are selling @ their usual showroom (which have a fixed cost?)
Even if a company is more expensive by $200 but you feel that what they can offer meets your requirements, why not?
Saving $200 to cause you taking off/leave later on to rectify the issues during warrtany period is not worth it.

Thanks...
agree with u...
Old 31-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #1942

bro terumo,

If it is a simple thing like slanted here and there, i can understand that some customer is fuzzy, and it is not gaincity fault.

But looking at this bro who has technician telling him the aircon cannot be set using temperature lower than 23? How does that sound?

Ok, what about a technician after inspecting my old aircon and make it not working anymore, and tell me that my gas leak (strange because it was working fine yesterday with a minor condensation problem), and they can only fix my aircon 3 weeks later? what kind of service is that?

To Bro sentosaubin,
What i mean is not becos they are big, they have the bo chup attitude.
I mean they have too many installation teams and staff. They cant possibly please all clients (as in have the exact same standard etc...)
Some people see a blower is slanted after installing, they cant accept. The same blower might be seen as straight or not so slant by others and they can accept.
Btw, usually blower slanted is not becos it is installed slanted, its becos the ceiling is slanted, so the blower although straight appears slanted.
Different people have different standard.

I always tell my frens, if they expect 100% from others when others provide a service/sell a product to them, do they themselves give 100% when they are working or when they provide a service to others.

We pay $, of cos we expect to get what is worth. Give and take maybe say 5%-10%.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #1943

The 23 degrees thingy is not acceptable lah.
I have posted and mentioned its likely to be the pipe bent problem.
We await further updates from the post starter.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #1944
Arch-Supremacy Member

The 23 degrees thingy is not acceptable lah.
I have posted and mentioned its likely to be the pipe bent problem.
We await further updates from the post starter.
Just tried for 2 days... using the aircon at 23 degree really have no sound anymore from the trunking but the trunking is still WET though......

Going to call them again..
Old 02-01-2011, 01:06 AM   #1945

I am looking for the plastic sheet which is used to cover the top part of the compressor. I think its to prevent water from rusting the top part of the compressor.

Used to see them being sold in hardware shops but could not find them in the 2 hardware shops near my place.

Any bro / sis using or was using them? Effective?

Any one has seen them for sale recently?

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #1946

U can use the car mats sold in petrol stations too. < $5.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #1947

Are you using Panasonic Inverter? I'm using CU-18KKZ and I have no problem of noisiness etc... installed by Coolserve.

I have banned Gaincity for aircon matters
I am using non-inverter CU-20KKZ system 3 and since i only on masterbedroom daily at night.

Previously was using Carrier non-inverter for ard 5 years plus and compressor not noisy at all. Even their fancoil also quiet as compared to the Panasonic one.

But for the panasonic fancoil the sound still acceptable but i cannot tahan the compressor drumming sound even can hear clearly after the window is closed.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #1948

Yes Gain City. dun know the name of the person.. I do have the handphone number though..

From day 1, my LG compressor is so loud that I think my neighbour would kill me (if I am them). When I got gain city installation team down, they do all kinds of funny things but it does not solve. In fact, they even stood me up once. After ding dong for 3 weeks, finally LG came down themselves and there is a moving part inside the LG compressor hitting the side of the compressor. WHen I asked LG why a NEW compressor can have a part like that, they just shugged their shoulder.

Now the compressor is better but still noisier than I like.. perhaps it is just me...

I use new pipes... cause the old air con was non invertor and i changed to inverter so have to change the pipes. Hence if the pipe is bend not properly, it must be them... the idea that I have to use 23 degree instead of 21 degree (or lower) is just crazy.. so why I buy an aircon.. so that I can use it at 23 ?? He did not even bother to look at the pipe to see if it is okay..

I read somewhere that air con are almost the same one.. the issue is WHO install them..

SIGH... u think I will buy LG and Gain City stuff anymore from now ?
Yes Gain City technicians are no good at all for solving aircon related problems. You asked them questions they will like show a question mark face to you.

For us, we re-using existing pipings and they mention it is ok no problem one. But now the problem is previously aircon fancoil is 12,000 btu which i did highlighted to the sales person and he mention no problem too. On the day of installation, the technicians also never say anything. Now panasonic fancoil is 9,000 btu & copper pipe size is different fm our existing. So they say must change pipings and each room charge is S$200. Not sure if it is the main source of sound problems. But we only getting $50 rebate each room for re-using existing pipings and now they are trying to shove the responsibilities back to us as old pipings not covered under warranty.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:50 AM   #1949

I think it's only fair that old piping not under warranty. How can you do business giving warranty to and old stuff?

Yes Gain City technicians are no good at all for solving aircon related problems. You asked them questions they will like show a question mark face to you.

For us, we re-using existing pipings and they mention it is ok no problem one. But now the problem is previously aircon fancoil is 12,000 btu which i did highlighted to the sales person and he mention no problem too. On the day of installation, the technicians also never say anything. Now panasonic fancoil is 9,000 btu & copper pipe size is different fm our existing. So they say must change pipings and each room charge is S$200. Not sure if it is the main source of sound problems. But we only getting $50 rebate each room for re-using existing pipings and now they are trying to shove the responsibilities back to us as old pipings not covered under warranty.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #1950

Anyone heard of the new Samsung MB Model MH026FBEA series with plasma ionizer ? the price is relatively cheap for system 4 as compare with panasonic invertor system 3 plus 1 non inverter. Its $3259 for Samsung MB system 4 series. And around $3770 for the panasonic set up. Requirements : 9K for 3 rooms and 18K for living.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.