HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree891Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #2041

My friend has a Panasonic. After a while, it gave away some smell. Terrible smell.
By the way, Mitsubishi will also give away some smell and it is not so easy to clean, contrary to what Jack Neo said in the Mitsubishi TV advertisement.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #2042

Forget about the korean brands, nightmare will start after two years. Panasonic....errr Looks like Daikin will be a good bet.
Daikin should be a good buy. No wonder, it is so expensive but guess it is worth it. Only a hundred plus difference.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #2043

Your wife must be right, otherwise you wouldn't marry her i am sure. LOL
Listen to the wife may not be always right but this time, your wife's choice of daikin should be right ha ha
Old 07-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #2044

Forget about the korean brands, nightmare will start after two years. Panasonic....errr Looks like Daikin will be a good bet.
Ai yah, just buy daikin lah. Even somebody's wife also said daikin is good.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #2045

told ya, pana cmi.more nitemare waiting for u.
Whah my6600, sight if only you have written earlier. maybe I should trade in for a daikin after this years' bonus.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #2046

Ai yah, just buy daikin lah. Even somebody's wife also said daikin is good.
Ok looks like daikin is a really really good choice.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #2047

[QUOTE=terumo;52861154]One reason that i can think of why Courts duh sell Daikin.
Daikin equipment price is expensive compared to others.
Check out Courts promo, always promo for Samsung/LG/Panasonic.[/QUOTE

Daikin is slightly more expensive. if it is really that good, maybe can save on maintenance cost.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #2048

If a Brand is good, it will save u some $ on repair as a good brand doesnt break down that often.
For maint wise, i feel that all brands will still need to be serviced, just that how often u need to service it, depending on your usage.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #2049

Whah my6600, sight if only you have written earlier. maybe I should trade in for a daikin after this years' bonus.
i nvt trust pxnx, a lot of ppl still choose it becos of the reputation of nxtionxl brand last time. but the quality of p and n now are not the same...
Old 08-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #2050

If a Brand is good, it will save u some $ on repair as a good brand doesnt break down that often.
For maint wise, i feel that all brands will still need to be serviced, just that how often u need to service it, depending on your usage.
yes, a lot of ppl choose cost over quality for the sake of savings the initial peanuts, but regreted and costed them bomb after sale
Old 08-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #2051
Supremacy Member

By the way, Mitsubishi will also give away some smell and it is not so easy to clean, contrary to what Jack Neo said in the Mitsubishi TV advertisement.
I have Mitsubishi system 4 + system 2 (total 6 units). Easy to clean and no smell? If the room is so dirty that there is mould/bacteria growing inside your aircon, don't blame the brand of aircon.

Anyway, some of the Mitsubish units have a 'clean' function that performing self cleaning after compressor shutdown to inhibit the growth of mould etc.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:37 AM   #2052
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thumbs down

just to share my experience at IMM

yday went to IMM enquiry about aircon...went to GC and AB..

there is one sales in AB who serve us..attitude is kinda good...till we wanna buy from them..untill we realise that they don hav instalment scheme, thus we said that we want to reconsider..we ask for a namecard.

that guy gave us a name card with his name on it.." CASH"..he said he is called CASH..at that time we just laugh and smile at him and said" You call cash ah...so means very lucky la"...

till we got home...my wife think n think...then realise that that guy may be wanna insult us..course we want to pay via instalment...not full cash..thus we play a prank on us by saying he is call "CASH"!

maybe i will call back AB to see if there anyone by the name "CASH" tomorrow to confirm! i still have the namecard with me though...
Old 10-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #2053

just to share my experience at IMM

yday went to IMM enquiry about aircon...went to GC and AB..

there is one sales in AB who serve us..attitude is kinda good...till we wanna buy from them..untill we realise that they don hav instalment scheme, thus we said that we want to reconsider..we ask for a namecard.

that guy gave us a name card with his name on it.." CASH"..he said he is called CASH..at that time we just laugh and smile at him and said" You call cash ah...so means very lucky la"...

till we got home...my wife think n think...then realise that that guy may be wanna insult us..course we want to pay via instalment...not full cash..thus we play a prank on us by saying he is call "CASH"!

maybe i will call back AB to see if there anyone by the name "CASH" tomorrow to confirm! i still have the namecard with me though...
ur reaction is kinda too slow already man. kena pwnEd already still dun know. greatest joke.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:38 AM   #2054

Dear Forum
Need to seek advice if any1 here is using the Daikin Inverter System 4
4MKS80ESG? It runs on R410A gas and the price is on the high side. Isit good?

Or the 4MKD75DVM which runs on R22 gas is good enough? cos the price difference between the 2 models is quite significant... any advice from pros? need to get a system to replace my current MA56EV1...
Old 12-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #2055
High Supremacy Member

My friend has a Panasonic. After a while, it gave away some smell. Terrible smell.
the smell caused by the dirt and mold in the aircon roller. ask you friend do some serving/cleaning.

http://panasonic.net/ir/relevant/en0...n040830-1.html

Osaka, Japan, August 30, 2004 - Daikin Industries, Ltd., a global leader in the manufacture of commercial and industrial use air conditioning systems, and Matsushiita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (MEI [NYSE symbol: MC]), best known for its Panasonic brand of consumer electronics and digital communication products, today announced that the two companies will establish a joint venture company, Daikin Motor Suzhou Co., Ltd., in China. The new company will manufacture and market motors for compressors in home and industrial-use air conditioners.
Daikin and Panasonic got a joint venture in china making aircon compressor.
so both brands should be using parts from same source.
if the aircon not cold, its might due to installation issue.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.