HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #196

Hitachi noy well known in the aircon market. Take a look @ yr block. You see more Mit outdoor units or Hitachi?
Okay. so everything is up and running. Hitachi air cons are freaking cold. Before I moved to my new house, I was using LG Inverter Gold System 4 at the old place and the Hitachi at my new place is definitely colder and more powerful than my LG.

The adhesive strip which has the HITACHI logo came off from one of my fan units and Hitachi sent out a service tehnician within hours to do a one to one swap of the panel.

Conclusion : Hitachi service is pretty good, and the aircon is good too.

I look out of my flat and see neighbours with Samsung, York, LG, Toshiba, Fujitsu, General, Mitsubishi, Panasonic and it appears I am the only one with a Hitachi.

But no regrets, just because it's not so popular doesn't mean its not good.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #197
High Supremacy Member

Is hitachi Noisy and what type of compressor they use? Dual rotary or single. Is it Inverter???
Old 03-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #198

Is hitachi Noisy and what type of compressor they use? Dual rotary or single. Is it Inverter???
DC Twin Rotary Compressor. Inverter system
Silent. Can't hear it when it is running in my bedroom.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #199
Master Member

Okay. so everything is up and running. Hitachi air cons are freaking cold. Before I moved to my new house, I was using LG Inverter Gold System 4 at the old place and the Hitachi at my new place is definitely colder and more powerful than my LG.

The adhesive strip which has the HITACHI logo came off from one of my fan units and Hitachi sent out a service tehnician within hours to do a one to one swap of the panel.

I look out of my flat and see neighbours with Samsung, York, LG, Toshiba, Fujitsu, General, Mitsubishi, Panasonic and it appears I am the only one with a Hitachi.

i totally agree with that... popular doesn't necessary mean quality, it may or it may not. Sometimes it's just branding or advertising.

btw, how much did you pay for it? (sorry if you've already mentioned it)

and what insulation did they use? Armaflex? Thickness? 3/8", 1/2" or 3/4"

compressor BTU? and individual fan-coil BTU?
Old 03-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #200

Interesting, I may have to decide between Hitachi and Panasonic. Reading back, people have been having problems with Sanyo units and their controller is huge. Will be interesting to see how my non-inverter LG compares to the Hitachi Probably get new units in a month.

Anyone use the Panasonics? Not much info on these units, but I keep hearing techs say it's easy to service, maybe because they aren't around?
Old 03-04-2009, 05:41 PM   #201

i totally agree with that... popular doesn't necessary mean quality, it may or it may not. Sometimes it's just branding or advertising.

btw, how much did you pay for it? (sorry if you've already mentioned it)

and what insulation did they use? Armaflex? Thickness? 3/8", 1/2" or 3/4"

compressor BTU? and individual fan-coil BTU?

In total, it came up to $4.42K -- includes upgrade to 1/2" Armaflex and copper SYS 22, 16mm drainage pipe. Stainless steel bracket to replace the old one as the CU is a gnarly 60kg. Dismantling & trade in of old system.

5 times service contract and 5 year extended warranty.
FCU - BedRm 3x9K, LvgRm - 1x18K.
Not sure about the condenser unit though but Hitachi has only the RAM-72Q8 CU.

The Living Room FCU is not as whisper silent as the Bedroom units as it is more "powderful". Very low hum that is audible only when there is dead silence in my living room.

Last edited by pegASUS7677; 03-04-2009 at 05:48 PM..
Old 03-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #202
Master Member

In total, it came up to $4.42K -- includes upgrade to 1/2" Armaflex and copper SYS 22, 16mm drainage pipe. Stainless steel bracket to replace the old one as the CU is a gnarly 60kg. Dismantling & trade in of old system.

5 times service contract and 5 year extended warranty.
FCU - BedRm 3x9K, LvgRm - 1x18K.
Not sure about the condenser unit though but Hitachi has only the RAM-72Q8 CU.

The Living Room FCU is not as whisper silent as the Bedroom units as it is more "powderful". Very low hum that is audible only when there is dead silence in my living room.
tks for the info... at least yours a 4-ticks (energy saving rating) system.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:56 PM   #203

Interesting, I may have to decide between Hitachi and Panasonic. Reading back, people have been having problems with Sanyo units and their controller is huge. Will be interesting to see how my non-inverter LG compares to the Hitachi Probably get new units in a month.

Anyone use the Panasonics? Not much info on these units, but I keep hearing techs say it's easy to service, maybe because they aren't around?
I was faced with the same decision -- almost - Hitachi, Panasonic or Mitsubishi.

I like the cool blue light that emanates from the FCU but alas there is no SYS 4 for Panasonic. So left with Hitachi or Mitsubishi. Then Jack Neo's huge face was in my face at the Gain City showroom, so left with Hitachi.

BTW, Hitachi is assembled in Malaysia.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #204
High Supremacy Member

mitsubishi is good...heh...
Old 05-04-2009, 05:44 PM   #205

hello... if i am a relatively light user (average only 1 aircon at any time switched on, approx 2 hours per day), and i wish to get a system 3, should i go for non-inverter or inverter?
any advice / recommendation?
Old 06-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #206
Master Member

hello... if i am a relatively light user (average only 1 aircon at any time switched on, approx 2 hours per day), and i wish to get a system 3, should i go for non-inverter or inverter?
any advice / recommendation?
hi, i was told previously that the benefits of inverter kicks in after prolonged use. Maybe you can 'google' it and read up a bit.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #207
Master Member

my Fujitsu invertor system-4 just died on me... the monsterous 36k BTU compressor refuses to start... sigh!

only 4+ years of use... sianz... I'm thinking of replacing it liao
Old 06-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #208
High Supremacy Member

my Fujitsu invertor system-4 just died on me... the monsterous 36k BTU compressor refuses to start... sigh!

only 4+ years of use... sianz... I'm thinking of replacing it liao
My daikin lasted 8 years then the PCB capacitor burnt last mth. replaced with new Mitsubishi Inverter system 4 last wk. Everything is good hopefully. haaa...I'm heavy user tho....having 2 tenant...that use it as much as they can while at home daily it's by no choice Inverter the only option.

Last edited by Repsol_2; 06-04-2009 at 11:25 AM..
Old 08-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #209
Shu

[QUOTE=yhzhuo;36921023]hello... if i am a relatively light user (average only 1 aircon at any time switched on, approx 2 hours per day), and i wish to get a system 3, should i go for non-inverter or inverter?
any advice / recommendation?[/QUOTE

Get a non-inverter. Inverter's only useful if you use the aircon >8 hrs a day, and have multiple units running.

Non-inverters do not necessarily consume a lot more energy either.

I have a Mitsubishi Electric System 2 non-inverter unit. Through a power consumption meter I installed, the 9000BTU unit consumes only 1.6KWH to cool a room for 8 hrs (overnight) at 27 degrees. That's about 30 cents.

So in a month, the bill's $9. Let's round it up to $10. In a year, your total bill will be $120.

Considering inverter units typically cost a few hundred dollars more, you'll have to wait for several years to earn the extra cost you paid up front back!
Old 08-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #210
Master Member

the Air-Con service-man came and checked... apparently my pipe thermistor is faulty. After changing it (S$80!), everything seems to be okay liao... hehe..

oh btw, Shu, if your air-con only consumes 1.6kWh per night (8 hrs), that's only 200W! Amazing! May i ask how much is your monthly PUB bill?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.