HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2011, 06:47 AM   #2116

I also feel that my Panasonic is not that cold or powerful as compared with Mitsubishi. This would mean switching to lower temperature to get more colling which in turn leads to higher consumption.

So all in all, I should have decided on the Mitsubishi in the first place.....sigh.
that's why buy thing should choose quality over price, the few hundred dollars may not justify the savings if you do not get what expected.
Old 21-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #2117

I also feel that my Panasonic is not that cold or powerful as compared with Mitsubishi. This would mean switching to lower temperature to get more colling which in turn leads to higher consumption.

So all in all, I should have decided on the Mitsubishi in the first place.....sigh.
Are you using Panasonic Inverter?
I have no problem with Panasonic, and I find them very good to use
Old 25-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #2118

Hi everyone, we were at a fair at expo and was looking at Mitsubishi HI aircon, the staff offer us a free upgrade to 1/2 inch aluminum pipe cos we were the last customer as everyone is packing up. Just wondering is Aluminum really better than copper?

The model we took was SRK25ZJ-S
Free upgrade Alum SWG 17
Armaflex 1/2 Insulation Class 'O'
Old 25-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #2119

hi, is the Mitsubishi HI aircon gd? You looking at which system?
Old 25-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #2120

I'm actually wanting to find out on the copper and aluminum pipe thingy
Old 25-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #2121

Hi,

I am also looking to get a Daikin Inverter Sys 3. Any recommendation for a reliable reseller?

TIA.
Old 25-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #2122
Master Member

what do you wanna to find out?
Old 25-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #2123
Master Member

aluminium is least efficient in heat transfer then copper, it is actually a downgrade.

Gold > silver > copper > aluminium.

It's material is lighter then copper which suggests during installation, the chances of refrigerant leak is much higher due to bending

Class 0 insulation is an overkill, class 1 will suffice, and always run the electrical wires in a separate conduit as some contractor will use cheapo china copper wire to run ur indoor unit which sometimes will catches fire, witness b4.
Old 25-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #2124

I want to find out is it true tat Aluminum piping for aircon is better then Copper. if yes.. y so? because I was offered a free upgrade, if its just some gimmic then im going to ask them to change back the copper
Old 25-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #2125

aluminium is least efficient in heat transfer then copper, it is actually a downgrade.

Gold > silver > copper > aluminium.

It's material is lighter then copper which suggests during installation, the chances of refrigerant leak is much higher due to bending

Class 0 insulation is an overkill, class 1 will suffice, and always run the electrical wires in a separate conduit as some contractor will use cheapo china copper wire to run ur indoor unit which sometimes will catches fire, witness b4.
Got it, i rang them up and they say it got higher PSI than copper, produce less condensation. think i will call them up to revert back to copper since its a free upgrade.
Old 25-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #2126
Master Member

Got it, i rang them up and they say it got higher PSI than copper, produce less condensation. think i will call them up to revert back to copper since its a free upgrade.
this is velly interesting leh. coz i've neber heard of aluminium being used as refridgerant pipes before.

i always thought that was becoz the pressure of the refridgerant inside the pipes requires a stronger metal like copper.

but the company claims the aluminium pipes can take higher PSI? hm... not unless it's very much thicker.

think you better go read up more on this leh.

btw, Gold doesn't have a higher thermal conductivity than Copper. In fact when it comes to thermal/electrical conductivity, Copper is one of the highest amongst metals.
Old 25-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #2127
Master Member

yup, think is silver > copper > gold > aluminium.

for condensation issue, ur armaflex has solved the issue, no condensation will ever occur to ur refrigerant piping if the correct thickness and material is used on ur ref piping, due to the rising price of copper, dont be fool by using aluminium.

Ur compressor suction/discharge joint pipe is made of copper, and aluminium and copper brazing is tricky, it will have a weak link there.
Old 26-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #2128

Be careful. I think the company cannot be trusted.

Better use copper piping.
Old 29-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #2129
Master Member

My Daikin system 3 bought in 1998 finally going to up lorry soon.

I feel sad that it has finally going to retire.

I'm looking at Daikin system 3 again but do not know in the market what the available choice?

Any suggestion?
Old 30-04-2011, 12:36 AM   #2130
ERT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.