HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #2161
Great Supremacy Member

Do not that Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) is not Mitsubishi Electric (ME). Thus it's not that one that we see advertisement on tv. They are totally different brand.
Yes, I know. Thanks!

Am using StarMex currently. Close to 7 years now... and one of the room isn't cold anymore.

If repair costs are too high, say more than $400, I rather get a new system. After all, my current one is rather old. Problems will just keep popping up.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #2162

Yes, I know. Thanks!

Am using StarMex currently. Close to 7 years now... and one of the room isn't cold anymore.

If repair costs are too high, say more than $400, I rather get a new system. After all, my current one is rather old. Problems will just keep popping up.
ya ... just like car
Old 12-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #2163
Master Member

Just had mine Starmex System 3 Inverter installed today by Gaincity! Happy user now, aircon damn cold... + it rained today.. maybe that's why...

That guy spent 5 hours just dismantling and assembling my system 3 without doing any piping because I have built in wardrobes...

The technicians were very careful and meticulous in their workmanship and acceded to all my requests, changing insulations for existing pipes, careful with moving of stuffs, flushing the pipes etc.

And he even has to go out in the rain this morning about 11am when there was a heavy downpour... end up both of them totally drenched despite me asking them not to go out then...

But of course... I paid a premium for it... >.<

Damage:

MXY-3A28VA + MSY-GE10VA = $2939
Extended Warranty = $399
Service Contract (7 time over 2 years) = $350
Stainless Steel Bracket = $150
Express Service = $150 (2 working days fixed)

Recouped:
Use back old piping = -$150
Trade in old System 3 = -$150

Total Costs: $3838/-

Pain, but worth it!
Old 13-05-2011, 01:13 AM   #2164

Just had mine Starmex System 3 Inverter installed today by Gaincity! Happy user now, aircon damn cold... + it rained today.. maybe that's why...

That guy spent 5 hours just dismantling and assembling my system 3 without doing any piping because I have built in wardrobes...

The technicians were very careful and meticulous in their workmanship and acceded to all my requests, changing insulations for existing pipes, careful with moving of stuffs, flushing the pipes etc.

And he even has to go out in the rain this morning about 11am when there was a heavy downpour... end up both of them totally drenched despite me asking them not to go out then...

Damage:

Extended Warranty = $399

Recouped:

Pain, but worth it!
wow you really paid a premium
Old 13-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #2165

did the shop tell you what's Btu upgrade?

or exactly what will they do for this upgrade?
pardon me, upgrade may not be the right term, I merely pay for a higher BTU (British thermal unit) fan coil unit, instead of standard 9000, i paid for a 12000 one.
Old 13-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #2166

Just had mine Starmex System 3 Inverter installed today by Gaincity! ...

The technicians were very careful and meticulous in their workmanship and acceded to all my requests, ...
Hi, mine will be installed soon, can you share what requests you have asked for and what to take note to make me as happy a customer as you are.
Old 13-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #2167
Master Member

For regular users, inverter should save you about 30% or more in electricity. It really depends on your usage pattern. Inverter pcb board does not spoil easily however the price for replacement is slightly higher than a non inverter type, should be around half the price that you mention though.
Thanks for the reply so if my usage pattern is 2 out of 3 rooms will on their aircon every night for ard 6 hrs per day... will inverter help in this case? glad to heard that the circuit board is not as expensive as I thought...
Old 13-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #2168

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
System 4 Inverter
3 x 9000 Btu and 1 x 12000Btu

3 Years Installation warranty
Class 0 insulation

Price: SGD3399

any advice or feedback on the price?

Thanks
Old 14-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #2169

Thanks for the reply so if my usage pattern is 2 out of 3 rooms will on their aircon every night for ard 6 hrs per day... will inverter help in this case? glad to heard that the circuit board is not as expensive as I thought...
sounds like my usage pattern haha am saving around 40% from previous non inverter system currently but i'm those that set at 25degrees at night for sleeping and tend to timer it to off at 5am instead of turning off when i wake up at 7
Old 14-05-2011, 01:28 AM   #2170

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
System 4 Inverter
3 x 9000 Btu and 1 x 12000Btu

3 Years Installation warranty
Class 0 insulation

Price: SGD3399

any advice or feedback on the price?

Thanks
what's the capacity of the outdoor unit? most end users are misled by the capacity of fancoil unit and forgot that the expensive part is the outdoor unit.
Old 15-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #2171

Damage:

Extended Warranty = $399

Recouped:

Pain, but worth it!
Hi, which GainCity branch u went? I went to GainCity IMM yesterday and he quote me
SHARP System 3 AIR CON AU-X3M24LV at 2899
Extended warranty at 359
5 servicing for 2 years at 350
Express service at 150.

How do u trade in your aircon? I would like to trade in mine too!! My system is working perfectly fine but is the piping that is faulty. The Mit heavy indust. Contractor said that I need to spend 500 just to trace which pipe is faulty and after that still need to pay repair and replacement cost. On top of that, only 3 month warranty. That's why I decided to change to sharp.
Old 15-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #2172

what's the capacity of the outdoor unit? most end users are misled by the capacity of fancoil unit and forgot that the expensive part is the outdoor unit.
Outdoor unit is SCM80ZG.

Thanks for your advice.
Old 16-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #2173

Hi all,

I just got a daikin sys 3 inverter 2 weeks back. Yesterday the condenser stops every 2 hrs. There is no leaking nor choking at the pipe/indoor units. Indoor units were blowing cold air but stopped once the condenser stops running.

I checked and got the error code U0. Any advise?

Thanks in advance!
Old 16-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #2174

of course it will help
Inverter aircon help if you only turn 2 out of 3 aircon.
Non inverter will blast full power even if you only on 1 aircon out of 3

Old 16-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #2175

Hi all,

I just got a daikin sys 3 inverter 2 weeks back. Yesterday the condenser stops every 2 hrs. There is no leaking nor choking at the pipe/indoor units. Indoor units were blowing cold air but stopped once the condenser stops running.

I checked and got the error code U0. Any advise?

Thanks in advance!
U0 means that there's low pressure drop due to insufficient refrigerant or expansion valve error or disconnected thermistors so please get your installer to check.

Last edited by xseanyx; 16-05-2011 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: typo
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.