HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #2176

Hi, which GainCity branch u went? I went to GainCity IMM yesterday and he quote me
SHARP System 3 AIR CON AU-X3M24LV at 2899
Extended warranty at 359
5 servicing for 2 years at 350
Express service at 150.

How do u trade in your aircon? I would like to trade in mine too!! My system is working perfectly fine but is the piping that is faulty. The Mit heavy indust. Contractor said that I need to spend 500 just to trace which pipe is faulty and after that still need to pay repair and replacement cost. On top of that, only 3 month warranty. That's why I decided to change to sharp.
you are getting a 24k btu sharp compared to his 28k mitsubishi at almost same price, i'll opt for mitsubishi or his salesman for that matter
Old 16-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #2177
Master Member

pardon me, upgrade may not be the right term, I merely pay for a higher BTU (British thermal unit) fan coil unit, instead of standard 9000, i paid for a 12000 one.
oic... tks for clarifying.

for a while i thought can upgrade compressor BTU... on hindsight... it seems obvious u meant a larger FCU. my bad....
Old 16-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #2178

U0 means that there's low pressure drop due to insufficient refrigerant or expansion valve error or disconnected thermistors so please get your installer to check.

Thank you very much for the information!
Old 16-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #2179

I getting my room installed with panasonic inverter aircon, i really new to aircon. what should i take note of like trucking all these please advice.
Old 16-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #2180

you are getting a 24k btu sharp compared to his 28k mitsubishi at almost same price, i'll opt for mitsubishi or his salesman for that matter
The sale man was telling me the Sharp is a 30k BTU(2x9000, q x 12000). I still have not decided yet. So how do we trade in the older aircon? Mine is still working fine.
Old 16-05-2011, 11:47 PM   #2181

U0 error most likely gas shortagr due to flare nut connection loose. Get your installer to check the nut connections.

If get Sharp, i rather get Mit Starmex.
Old 17-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #2182

U0 error most likely gas shortagr due to flare nut connection loose. Get your installer to check the nut connections.

If get Sharp, i rather get Mit Starmex.
Hi! Many thanks for your information. Indeed it is the loose connection.
Old 17-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #2183
Master Member

Dilemma with my air-con configuration

hi guys,

my air con consist of 1 condensing unit and 4 units of AC in my 3 bedrooms and 1 living room.

i've had that installed for the past 12 years.

However in recent years, 2 of my bed rooms seem to have the AC unit not 'powerful' enough. I've had 2 different aircon servicing company over to my place to check it out (1 being Homem*x Aircon Services)

they did chemical cleaning and steam cleaning to my AC units but however it doesn't seem to work that well.

being a complete noob about aircon here, i would like to consult bros here for what i should do next. My father has told me that it is quite impossible to change the pipings as they are concealed.

below are screenshots of my AC and Condenser Unit's model number.

Condenser Unit:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Living Room AC Unit:

Bedrooms AC Unit:

Last edited by MoneyHoney; 17-05-2011 at 11:47 AM..
Old 17-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #2184
High Supremacy Member

12yrs?
time for a new system
a new clean system better for health and the latest power saving technology will save your electrical bill.
Old 18-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #2185

for trunking.. decide where it will go through. Avoid running it through the store room as the humidity will cause condensation and water leaking from it.

I getting my room installed with panasonic inverter aircon, i really new to aircon. what should i take note of like trucking all these please advice.
Old 18-05-2011, 11:48 AM   #2186
Master Member

i am olso a noob... so here's what i think...

Your's not an inverter system rites?

If you have 2 separate compressor units in that condenser, and that the 2 FCU which are not cold is connected to one of the compressors. Then maybe you need a gas top-up.

If however, your condenser only has one compressor or that the 2 FCU isn't connected to one compressor then i'll check the thermistors for these FCUs.

In both cases, you'll need air-con guys to check for you.

good luck.

hi guys,

my air con consist of 1 condensing unit and 4 units of AC in my 3 bedrooms and 1 living room.

i've had that installed for the past 12 years.

However in recent years, 2 of my bed rooms seem to have the AC unit not 'powerful' enough. I've had 2 different aircon servicing company over to my place to check it out (1 being Homem*x Aircon Services)

they did chemical cleaning and steam cleaning to my AC units but however it doesn't seem to work that well.

being a complete noob about aircon here, i would like to consult bros here for what i should do next. My father has told me that it is quite impossible to change the pipings as they are concealed.

below are screenshots of my AC and Condenser Unit's model number.

Condenser Unit:

Living Room AC Unit:

Bedrooms AC Unit:

Old 18-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #2187

For 12 years old aircon, it would be better to get a new set.

You'll save the electricity bills in the long run.
Old 18-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #2188

For 12 years old aircon, it would be better to get a new set.

You'll save the electricity bills in the long run.
Guys, u were recommending him to change a new set. How bout the pipings? They were mostly concealed up. Won't it be a great hassle to change pipings?

[Yu]k |-kaZe.
Old 19-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #2189
Arch-Supremacy Member

advise

for people who change from non invertor to invertor type of aircon,
how much difference is the electricity bill?

my house system 3 set up is already more than 10 years. Only 1 aircon is turned on from 10pm to 9am everyday. The rest is seldom use.
Do you think it will help in cutting down the electricity bill if i change to invertor aircon?
Old 19-05-2011, 08:33 AM   #2190

If you bother to check past posting, you can see how much savings I enjoy each month.

FYI.. I start using Inverter Aircon from December 4th...
Change from System 2 non inverter LG H2UC186FA0 (20k BTU) to System 2 Inverter Panasonic CU-2S18KKZ (17k BTU)
Usage: Every night

[/QUOTE]

for people who change from non invertor to invertor type of aircon,
how much difference is the electricity bill?

my house system 3 set up is already more than 10 years. Only 1 aircon is turned on from 10pm to 9am everyday. The rest is seldom use.
Do you think it will help in cutting down the electricity bill if i change to invertor aircon?

Last edited by sentosaubin; 19-05-2011 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: revision
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.