HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #2221
Arch-Supremacy Member

bros if my house no space put compressor liao, any good aircons to recommend?
Old 20-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #2222
Supremacy Member

for non-inverter aircon, that is very true... the outdoor compressor unit doesnt have a variable rotation speed. Even if you turn on one fancoil and two fancoil, it consumes the same...

If you want the prove, you can always check your outdoor electric meter.. use stopwatch to count how many seconds it take to make 1 full rotation with one and two fancoil on for Non-inverter aircon
the power consumption might increase if 2 fancoil. reason is becos the room temp and time taken to the desired temp for the 2 rooms is different.
Old 20-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #2223

the power consumption might increase if 2 fancoil. reason is becos the room temp and time taken to the desired temp for the 2 rooms is different.
Have you tried counting the meter?
I have tried, and they are the same when you just turn on the aircon..
It might be different if one room set at 25 and another set at 16.... lower degree will force the compressor to work non stop
Old 20-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #2224
Supremacy Member

Have you tried counting the meter?
I have tried, and they are the same when you just turn on the aircon..
It might be different if one room set at 25 and another set at 16.... lower degree will force the compressor to work non stop
yes of cos. both room same temp set at 25.
Old 21-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #2225
Master Member

haha... we hav 2 diff sets of results here!

when i asked 2 salesman at courts, i have 2 diff answers same as u 2 as well!
Old 21-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #2226
Master Member

haha... we hav 2 diff sets of results here!

when i asked 2 salesman at courts, i have 2 diff answers same as u 2 as well!
i would've to agree with chunlianghere.

when the desired temperature is reached, the compressor shuts off.

therefore as chunlianghere already stated, the energy needed to cool one room to desired temperature should not be the same as for two rooms.

Obviously when the non-inverter compressor is running, it consumes same amt of power since as stated by sentosaubin it only has one speed (that explains about the counting seconds for each rotation). However, sentosaubin should checked the difference in times the compressor ran to cool one and two rooms.

no offense to salesman out there, but some of them aren't very technical.
Old 22-06-2011, 03:09 AM   #2227
Master Member

So if 2 rms hav exactly same parameters, eg same RM temp, same desired temp set, same RM size etc, the power consumption is same for using 1 or 2 fancoil rite?

Of course in real life can't be exactly the same....but with this knowledge, when I on my RM Aircon, I will ask my parents on as well since the power consumption is not 2 times more, prob only 20% more!
Old 22-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #2228

So if 2 rms hav exactly same parameters, eg same RM temp, same desired temp set, same RM size etc, the power consumption is same for using 1 or 2 fancoil rite?

Of course in real life can't be exactly the same....but with this knowledge, when I on my RM Aircon, I will ask my parents on as well since the power consumption is not 2 times more, prob only 20% more!
Agree with the 20% approximation

and agree with the singingbard here that salesman might not be so technical.. so we still better off doing our own homework.

I remembered buying DVD Player and was told that the USB port can only be used to play JPG file... and actually it can play AVI file as well, but salesman say no no.. My big fault for so trusting the salesman.... so when I buy the next DVD Player, I bring myself the USB with AVI file to test it
Old 22-06-2011, 08:36 AM   #2229

I was comparing day by day when the 2 RM and 1 RM with aircon switched on, and the difference are so negligible.... like 20 kW and 19.5 kW per day... so 20% approximation by shevchenko wont be that far off

i would've to agree with chunlianghere.

when the desired temperature is reached, the compressor shuts off.

therefore as chunlianghere already stated, the energy needed to cool one room to desired temperature should not be the same as for two rooms.

Obviously when the non-inverter compressor is running, it consumes same amt of power since as stated by sentosaubin it only has one speed (that explains about the counting seconds for each rotation). However, sentosaubin should checked the difference in times the compressor ran to cool one and two rooms.

no offense to salesman out there, but some of them aren't very technical.
Old 22-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #2230
Master Member

I was comparing day by day when the 2 RM and 1 RM with aircon switched on, and the difference are so negligible.... like 20 kW and 19.5 kW per day... so 20% approximation by shevchenko wont be that far off
hm... interesting.

how did you measure the electrical usage?

so in this case, for a non-inverter air-con, the extra electrical energy it took to cool a space twice (2 rm) as large (1 rm) is 20% ?
Old 22-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #2231
Supremacy Member

hm... interesting.

so in this case, for a non-inverter air-con, the extra electrical energy it took to cool a space twice (2 rm) as large (1 rm) is 20% ?
actually to wat i tink, the extra electrical for 2 rooms would be the fan coil.

if using larger fan coil, than it could be ~1.5 times more electrical than normal 1 room.
Old 23-06-2011, 12:47 AM   #2232
Master Member

if using larger fan coil, than it could be ~1.5 times more electrical than normal 1 room.
sorry, i dun understand wat u mean by using a larger fancoil...

so i tink we can conclude that for non inverter aircon, assuming both same size fancoil, temp etc, the pwr consumption is probably abt 20% more for turning on 2 fancoils compared to turning on 1 fancoil
Old 23-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #2233
Master Member

rite, and i tink you mean the electrical power (or current).

but i was referring to the electrical energy.

just as u had pointed out, the difference in time taken for the compressor to cool 2 rooms versus 1 room to the desired temperature before it 'shuts down' is the correct measure of the energy (kWh) difference.

On a side note, in most controlled tests, the benefit of using an inverter over a non-inverter is 20~40% energy savings. The highest i've seen is the one by Panasonic which reported 50%!
http://panasonic.asia/ecoideas/ecopr...itioner02.html

Even 20% is good enough to convince me to change to inverter.
Old 23-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #2234
Master Member

sorry, i dun understand wat u mean by using a larger fancoil...

so i tink we can conclude that for non inverter aircon, assuming both same size fancoil, temp etc, the pwr consumption is probably abt 20% more for turning on 2 fancoils compared to turning on 1 fancoil
power consumption up by 20% is very plausible.

however, we have to bare in mind power is energy/time. And what we pay is calculated in terms of energy usage [kWh] and not [kW].

so when you first switch on aircon and measure the power-meter, then 20% difference would not be far-fetched.

BUT what is important is how long does the compressor remain turned on (& therefore drawing the bulk of the power) to cool one room versus two?
Old 24-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #2235

You don't know how to measure? The electric meter is just outside... unless yours are concealed, then i have nothign to say.

hm... interesting.

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.