HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #2251

is gain city good at installing air con ?

is Midea brand good ?
Thinking of getting this Midea brand too. Any comment, please.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #2252

Is the brand you purchase SHARP?

FYI, the compressor super noisy one. The sales person did not tell you that? B'cos fm what i know got quite a nos of complaints on that.
Yeah SHARP SYS 3 - INVERTER.

Sure we are talking about the same model?

Mine is
1x AUX3M24LV (the outdoor unit) <----- compressor
2x AHXPC9LV (2x 9000btu indoor unit)
1x AHXPC12LV (1x 12000btu indoor unit)

Nope he did not tell me that, but wouldn't it be strange if he told me that it is super noisy...? Anyway, I was at the showroom, I find the compressor pretty quiet, it's going to be put outside my house, so I really don't think it's going to be a big issue, right...?
Old 10-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #2253

Daikin*****

Hi guys, i think daikin is still the best. after using it for the past 10years and its still working well with no adnormal noise cuming out from the compressor but of course i always do regular servicing ( 3monthly ).
Old 11-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #2254

Yeah SHARP SYS 3 - INVERTER.

Sure we are talking about the same model?

Mine is
1x AUX3M24LV (the outdoor unit) <----- compressor
2x AHXPC9LV (2x 9000btu indoor unit)
1x AHXPC12LV (1x 12000btu indoor unit)

Nope he did not tell me that, but wouldn't it be strange if he told me that it is super noisy...? Anyway, I was at the showroom, I find the compressor pretty quiet, it's going to be put outside my house, so I really don't think it's going to be a big issue, right...?
Should be same model. I can't find the thread now at RT which a forumer complains abt this brand inverter type also installed by GC last year.

I hv noise issues with the Pana non-inverter system and need to replace with another brands. Their technicians and staffs asked me not to choose that brand lor.

Well if the compressor not installed outside your window or near to your bed, maybe no big issue. And if they send you qualified experience & responsible technicians who are able to do an excellent installation then i think should be quite safe too.

Good Luck!
Old 13-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #2255

Midea is from PRC if i'm not wrong. However for me, i'll find out if their after sales support is good (ie. spare parts, service teams etc). It can be dirt cheap now but if a minor part needs to wait for 2 wks for them to ship in then
Old 14-07-2011, 01:05 AM   #2256

If anyone want to install Midea, can PM mi, i might be able to get a good price for you. I know the agent for Midea.
Old 15-07-2011, 04:05 AM   #2257

Smile ....

Just saw a SYS 4 inverter aircon selling for $2588 in courts. Brand is Midea. Think it is a china brand.. Any 1 using this brand??
is this the correct price?
coz i saw a different pricing at courts...
they dont have this price there...
i say is sys3 $1899/$2168

i also considering this brand...i do research and found out it is very reputable worldwide...and they have been a manufacter long time...also read that the compressor is same as toshiba and carrier...
1 most important thing i found out is they do alot of O.E.M products in sg...in the home appliances area...actually we might be using their products without knowing...
but i am seeking more feedbacks from ppl who already bought their product in sg...
Old 15-07-2011, 04:22 AM   #2258

Smile

Midea is from PRC if i'm not wrong. However for me, i'll find out if their after sales support is good (ie. spare parts, service teams etc). It can be dirt cheap now but if a minor part needs to wait for 2 wks for them to ship in then
hmmm....you are right, its from china...frankly speaking now everything is from china already...

you go search for reviews...its seem very like a mnc company world wide...and with quite alot of good reviews...

i read an article quote them as the biggest Home appliance and
aircon manufacturer in china and top 5 world wide...

i also heard midea has a office here and is invading sg with its home appliance and air con products...
if anyone has bought their products...pls feed back....
i seriously thinking about this brand...but not sure can they bring their stability and good reviews to sg...
Old 15-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #2259

Smile ...

i also considering this brand...i do research and found out it is very reputable worldwide...and they have been a manufacter long time...also read that the compressor is same as toshiba and carrier...
1 most important thing i found out is they do alot of O.E.M products in sg...in the home appliances area...actually we might be using their products without knowing...
but i am seeking more feedbacks from ppl who already bought their product in sg...
Old 15-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #2260
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am installing this midea brand next week. Wait for my reviews
Old 15-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #2261
Supremacy Member

Interesting reads.
Old 15-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #2262

Dear all,

I have bought my Toshiba System 3 from Allbest. With my fancoil and compressor still under warranty, recent 2 of my fancoil broke down.

Toshiba technician came to my house to fix it. But after accessing it, they realised that the problem can from an inferior cabling use by Allbest. Therefore they had to refer this issue back to Allbest.

Today, they got allbest to call me up. And Allbest explain to me that they bought a batch of inferior cables from Toshiba/Carrier Singapore, and they cannot absorb the cost. Therefore they insist of charging me $40/fancoil to change the cable.

How can i go abt to solve this? It is totally unacceptable. They bought something inferior from someone, and they want me to bare the cost.
Old 15-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #2263
Banned

is there a good window aircon that will last 1? anyone knows? no place put compressor..
Old 15-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #2264

Awaiting your feedback. which system did you get?
Old 15-07-2011, 10:53 PM   #2265

I am installing this midea brand next week. Wait for my reviews
Awaiting your feedback. which system did you get?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.