HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #2281

When u first switch on the aircon for inverter, you cant measure the full load. To measure full load, assume sys 3, on all 3 blower units, set @ 18 degrees, open all the rooms door. Test after 5-10 mins. That should be more accurate in terms of power consumption.
Old 20-07-2011, 04:17 PM   #2282

How to remove the odor from aircon? After 5-10 mins the odor gone...

Using mit starmex, 6 months old and the filter is clean (I washed the filter once a month)...
Old 20-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #2283

Mitsubishi Inverter

Hi guys,

Very interesting reads over these hundreds of pages! Looks like air-conditioners have a treasure trove of knowledge which is indeed impossible to comprehend totally.

I am getting some reno done recently, and my contractor quoted mitsubishi inverter mxy4a38va 2-msy-ge10va 1-msy-ge24va + 16mm water pipe 1/2" insulation and 23g copper. Together with concealed piping as well. I will be having 2 air con units in 2 rooms and 1 in the living room.

Was quoted a princely sum of SGD5k. Was quite surprised as i thought the costs were more towards sgd3k-ish.

Would like to seek the opinions of fellow forum users as to if this is reasonable.
Old 20-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #2284
Master Member

Hi guys,

Very interesting reads over these hundreds of pages! Looks like air-conditioners have a treasure trove of knowledge which is indeed impossible to comprehend totally.

I am getting some reno done recently, and my contractor quoted mitsubishi inverter mxy4a38va 2-msy-ge10va 1-msy-ge24va + 16mm water pipe 1/2" insulation and 23g copper. Together with concealed piping as well. I will be having 2 air con units in 2 rooms and 1 in the living room.

Was quoted a princely sum of SGD5k. Was quite surprised as i thought the costs were more towards sgd3k-ish.

Would like to seek the opinions of fellow forum users as to if this is reasonable.
the living rm FCU is 24k BTU? that's a pretty big unit. The copper pipes would be the larger in diameter - thus more exp. but still... a sys-3 inverter at $5k is pretty steep imo.

btw when i did my reno, i deal with my own air-con contractor directly.
Old 20-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #2285

Your Mit aircon concealed pipes is laid inside the walls? U staying in condo?
Old 20-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #2286

i intend to try Midea as well. Anywone wanna try together? hopfeully can get better discount.
Old 21-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #2287

i intend to try Midea as well. Anywone wanna try together? hopfeully can get better discount.
Can count me in.
Old 21-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #2288

Yeah the living room's unit is 24k BTU. Rooms are at 10k BTU each so total of 44K BTU. Like overkill or a freezer already a nor? Haha.

And I'm not too sure if the pipes are going to be concealed in the walls, but yeah, I'm staying in a condo. Was told that the concealing cost is at about sgd1.5k already.

Waiting patiently for gurus' two cents.
Old 21-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #2289

This is taken from coolserve website...

MXY-4A38VA / 2 X MSY-GE10VA / MSY-GE24VA

Equipment : $2,950.00
Installation : $840.00
Bracket : $150.00
Power Point : $300.00
GST (7%) : $296.80
Total : $4,536.80

Last edited by Core2max; 21-07-2011 at 10:49 AM..
Old 21-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #2290

Unhappy Fan-coil leaking water

Dear Forum Users,

Would appreciate your expect advice as my room split-unit fancoil drips water droplets every 45mins +/-.

I have cleared the drainage but it seems that this does not stop the leak. When I access the fancoil, there is a pool of water just below the cooling fins. I am using Carrier split 2.

I had a previous experience on a single split unit in another room. Similar problem as above. After a few months, the external compressor unit start up with loud noise. Eventually have to replace new unit as repair to compressor not economical.

Would appreciate your help, thanks.

Psalmist
Old 21-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #2291
Arch-Supremacy Member

Dear Forum Users,

Would appreciate your expect advice as my room split-unit fancoil drips water droplets every 45mins +/-.

I have cleared the drainage but it seems that this does not stop the leak. When I access the fancoil, there is a pool of water just below the cooling fins. I am using Carrier split 2.

I had a previous experience on a single split unit in another room. Similar problem as above. After a few months, the external compressor unit start up with loud noise. Eventually have to replace new unit as repair to compressor not economical.

Psalmist
Bro ... u should post this air-con prob here :

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=1747094

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/el...r-4131460.html
Old 21-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #2292

Looks like a condensation
Have you used it very long? Or you just installed it recently?

Dear Forum Users,

Psalmist
Old 21-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #2293

Hi sentosaubin,

Tks for reply.

This unit is about 7 years old. Do you mean condensation at cooling fins?

Tks a lot for your advice.
Old 21-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #2294

There's a lot of cause... but what came to my mind is a wear and tear issue... Depending on the humidity and the piping (concealed?), it can cause condensation... concealed pipe will make it easier to tear due to high humidity that cause the "sweating" thus water dripping

Hi sentosaubin,

Tks for reply.

This unit is about 7 years old. Do you mean condensation at cooling fins?

Tks a lot for your advice.
Old 21-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #2295

It looks like the piping is dirty... you can use wet vacuum to suck the water from pipe end (normally located in your toilet)... at the same time, ask your friend to pour warm water from the pipe at your fan coil unit (FCU).

I had this problem before (my old aircon)... pipe is dirty (a lot of gel kind of things)...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.