HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #2416

Fact:

1) Used a system 3 Mitsubishi Heavy industries aircon for 10 years with only 1 minor break down where the aircon was not cold, but a normal service with gas top up brought it back to life. This is not mitsubishi electric that jack neo advertise so its cheaper.

2) Shifted and change to Daikin system 3 inverter, within 1 month, problem started to arise from water leakage to a damaged compressor. Problem carried on for a year, during this time we have not paid the company that installed for us(don't ask me how we did it), we insisted that if they want the money, make sure the aircon dont give us problem. But every month or two, we had to get them down to fix the aircon leakage problem. This drag on for a year and finally they had enough and told us to either pay for it or they will remove the aircon, we opt the latter as there is no point in paying for a rubbish aircon.

3) Called up the person that installed the MHI from 10 years ago and come over to our place to install another MHI inverter system 3. No problems so far and its much colder than the daikin one even when we set the same temp. Mitsubishi compressor pushes out air that is warmer compared that ****ty daikin and according to the foreman, the warmer it is, the better it is. This unit saves more energy too according to NEA.

Verdict: The brand of the aircon is important, the aftersales is important but the most important is the installation process which can only be done by a trusted company with the right team of installers. They were around $30-$50 more than the lowest quote i got, but at least they didnt bring their team of bangras/ah nehs to install compared with my daikin installer. Well worth the extra $50 for a stress free night. And by stress free night i mean not have to wake up in the middle of the night hearing drips and running around getting cloths, pail and a mop to wipe the mess up. Go stingy on your purchase and it will eventually bite you back.. been there done that. Good luck.
Old 23-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #2417

Oh, I heard there's a HUGE Gain City exhibition going on right now at Expo. Heh...
Old 23-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #2418

main purpose of the insulation is to prevent condensation. and this you want to avoid happening indoors. if it is outdoors you don't really care. so if the insulation outside crumbles it is also ok. the aluminum tape that people used is only for the outdoor section, not covered by trunking.
Old 24-09-2011, 01:23 AM   #2419

Intend to get a 2nd hand split aircon but noidea about Btu.
and inverter or non inverter.

And compressor as well ** noob

If i only wanna install aircon for my room,
can get those 1 big one Must get compressor huh ??....=D

Not a heavy user only at night and prolly 3-4 times/week ?

any recommendation.

saw a samsung SYSTEM 2 AIRCON-18000BTU .any comments?
Old 24-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #2420

also any lobangs for companes to dismantle fm owner hse n install in my hse .. how much is the range?
thank
Old 25-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #2421

U mean dismantle system 3 from one location and reinstall at another location?
Old 25-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #2422
Arch-Supremacy Member

just received my electrical bills

no big problems so far.

installed the air con during the end of Jul now the electrical bill has dropped

how long do u used it per day ?
Old 30-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #2423

Just to put some info on the web for people interested...

Bought at Gaincity Expo sales on 03 Jul 2011.

Purchased
1x AUX3M24LV (the outdoor unit)
2x AHXPC9LV (2x 9000btu indoor unit)
1x AHXPC12LV (1x 12000btu indoor unit) ... all 4 items for $2839

Outdoor Unit Bracket ... $150
Upgrade to thicker insulation ... $180

Total paid including GST
$3169 (bao ka liao, include running of pipes, remove old unit/bracket etc)

Freebies
5 years warranty (1 + 4 covers electrical and mechanical parts, labor and transport, exclude servicing and remote control).
Philips Micro Ipod Docking station (DCM292)

Info
http://www.sharp.com.sg/web/products...=335&mode=Feat

Not sure if I got a good deal as I'm not really into air-con, picked this because it's all aluminium, got the ion thingy built-in which my mom really like, and it's got 4 ticks, full load 2.07 and partial load 0.67 if I'm not wrong.

They will be installing on 20 July.

By the way, the salesperson Mr. Roy Lim was very patient, friendly and knowledgeable, he really took his time to explain to us, clear our doubts and even demonstrated the functionalities of the air-con thoroughly, I think all salesperson should learn from him, not like the earlier guy so impatient, ask him something his face like want to fall asleep, yeah, he even open his mouth and yawn like nobody business when my mom asked him a question haha... Later ask him what about our old air-con if we buy new, he say they can un-install and remove for us but we say what if we want to keep (my mom want to give to uncle), he very straightforward say then you un-install the air-con and the bracket yourself then call us to install, wah lao eh, like that also can lol... think he really F-care liao, stand so many days sibei sian liao lol...
Bro! i just bought the same unit as you from Roy Lim, I guess it should be the same sales person.. anyway.. hows the noise issue? is it really too loud ?
Old 04-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #2424

Anybody can advise the disadvantage of using 3/8" insulation compare with 1/2"?
Old 04-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #2425
Supremacy Member

Anybody can advise the disadvantage of using 3/8" insulation compare with 1/2"?
3/8 is thinner, 1/2 is thicker.

thicker insulation can prevent from sweating, improve the "cold" inside.

thinner insulation can help to have smaller trunking.

but if its running R410A, than better use 1/2.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #2426
Master Member

For Mitsubishi, is there a need to replace the filter inside periodically, since there is "special blue enzymes"?
The enzymes will run out over time isn't it?

Old 06-10-2011, 12:07 AM   #2427

U mean the small piece of static filter?
Old 06-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #2428
Master Member

No idea, never used ME.
Only reading about the "Anti-Allergy Enzyme Filter" from the brochure
Old 06-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #2429

If its the small piece of filter. You need to replace it as it has a lifespan.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #2430
Master Member

oh...
That should be a point to take note of for those choosing ME aircons I guess. Those who choose other brands like panasonic that only use ionizer will not have to worry about replacing filters?

Anyway I just chose ME. Hopefully not too expensive to replace the filter.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.