HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #2536

if let say among this 3 air con

panasonic-cheaper den daikin and mit starmex by 100

daikin and mit starmex same price..

which set to get better? panasonic / daikin / mit starmex?
Old 16-12-2011, 10:24 PM   #2537
Arch-Supremacy Member

if let say among this 3 air con

panasonic-cheaper den daikin and mit starmex by 100

daikin and mit starmex same price..

which set to get better? panasonic / daikin / mit starmex?
mhi cheaper than mit by 100, you may want to consider mhi.
Old 17-12-2011, 11:45 PM   #2538

Whicn brand is good?

Hi all,

I am considering buying a single split air-con for my room. I went to Courts today and saw a promo for Sanyo @ $769 installation included for a 900BTU unit non-inverter unit. Can I know if this is a good price? The sales man said non-inverter and inverter no difference unless you open 24/7. Is Sanyo a good brand? I was being quoted $1,000 for Daikin inverter single split unit too by a private contractor. Can I know which is better or are there better recommendations?

Do give me your comments thanks.
Old 22-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #2539

How is your usage pattern like? - Konokazu
Old 27-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #2540

I am going back to Mitsubishi...

after 12 years & minor servicing here & there of my Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Con, I think its time for an overhaul. Thinking of buying the Mitsubishi Inverter , definitely not getting from CoolServe & their price marked up.. best wait for sale at Expo then buy to get the freebies & discount.. waiting for post XMas sale.. problem is now my Air-Con is noisy.. Elite Air-Con sales(lady) came in to take a look & diagnosed at Rubber wear out. Techinician came tody & said Fan motor.. recon unit $380, she even told me she earn $100 , wah lau.. later discount to $350.. still thinking if I should just change the whole system...!!!

Confused confused...

I'm have been using my Mcquay system 3 (12+9+9 BTU) for about 12 years. 12K at MBR was used daily and the remaining 2x9BTU units are hardly on (e.g. turned on once a month) and is as good as new.

Had serviced my 12,000 BTU unit at MBR regularly and during my last round of servicing, I was told that I'm unable to do chemical wash anymore (had done 4 times) and there will not be anymore 3 months warranty against leak, etc for the servicing. As at now, there is entire no leakage problem with my unit and I'm having it at 27 degrees daily as its already cool enough for me.

Had thought of getting a 12,000 BTU unit (Mcquay or other brands) to solve the problem, or to swap my 9,000 BTU unit in other room with the 12,000BTU unit in my MBR.

Would like to seek all bros advice on whether this is possible.

Alternatively, have explored getting Toshiba/Mitsubishi Electric system 3 from Coolserve ( RAS-4M26SACV / RAS-M10SKCV X 2 / RAS-M13SKCV) or (MXY-3A28VA / MSXY-FD10VA x 2 / MSXY-FD13VA) but was taken aback by their pricing. On the net, it was quoted as $3477 and $3381 for HDB flats. As mine is a non-HDB + concealed piping, I need to add another $500 for additional works for concealed piping (opening up holes on false ceiling) and another $500 for patching up these holes on the false ceiling. These excludes painting and I need to find my own contractor to do the painting. Total cost is around $4,500.

May I know if the additional $1K is reasonable or there are other shops where I can get the exact deal at around $3,500 (which includes painting as well)?
Old 27-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #2541

for the water leak issue: u need to use a strong vaccum cleaner & suck out the drain pipe at the end (bathroom) & also at the affected room's FCU (Fan Coil Unit), there will be some jelly built up there & it will block the water to drain effectively. I have the same problem with one of my furthest away from drain end unit so I do a periodic (4 to 6 monthly) vacuuming.. so far so good..
to prevent the jelly building up fast, dont use Aroma lamps in the room when air-con is on, or other perfumes or stuff.. do clean the outer filters monthly to reduce your electric bill & give you cooler & cleaner air..
email me for clarification.. add _1999 to my name .. & yahoo..
Old 27-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #2542
Supremacy Member

Wat diff between mhi n MIT???
Old 27-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #2543

MHI is Hvy Industries, Bought into SG by an authorised agent.
Mit Electric is direct from MIT itself.
Old 28-12-2011, 08:32 AM   #2544
Master Member

sorry juz to correct TS.. national is panasonic previous name those working in panasonic will know if they undergo their orentation which they intro their company history.. Panasonic Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

National i heard from alot of my friend is a good aircon.. can last pretty long.. U saw those old model aircon in those shop houses.. some of them are national and still working..

The good old Mitsu****a - National, Panasonic and Technics. My first Discman during my JC days was a Technics. Till this date, still working.
Old 30-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #2545

hey that was really helpful and i would like you to visit www(dot)equilibriumac(dot)com
Old 03-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #2546
Scout Trooper

My Daikin 7 years old inverter recently not working. I think the fan is not rotating the light keep blinking.

Had tried to call 6 times to Daikin service centre but was put on hold for more than 45mins!
I can understand that kind of hold up only happens to starhub/singtel but Daikin?

Is Daikin service so bad? Anybody here have the same situation?
Old 03-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #2547
Master Member

My Daikin 7 years old inverter recently not working. I think the fan is not rotating the light keep blinking.

Had tried to call 6 times to Daikin service centre but was put on hold for more than 45mins!
I can understand that kind of hold up only happens to starhub/singtel but Daikin?

Send an email around early October to Daikin Singapore inquiring about aircon servicing, till date no reply.....
Old 03-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #2548
High Supremacy Member

7 years old, spoils. No warranty. Look for 3rd party to help u fix. Faster.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:52 AM   #2549

any aircon recommended? what brand to geT?
Old 06-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #2550
Arch-Supremacy Member

Send an email around early October to Daikin Singapore inquiring about aircon servicing, till date no reply.....
if no email reply, u shld call them on service line.

i'm a Daikin user. I've called up Daikin service centre a few times end 2010 and early and late 2011. so far i can get through and i was given an appt date on the spot. just that will prob take a wk or so for service man to come take a look.

My current Daikin's currently serviced by an ex-Daikin guy. If u like, i can pass u his contact no. u can have a talk with him, and then decide if u want to eventually use his service - no obligation on ur part.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.