Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiobean

Reaction score
Got a problem in my aircon system recently, I saw in quite a few places in the trunking that water is condensing, and in one part it even seep through the wall..

I'm thinking to redo the insulation for the whole system in the house, any rough idea how much it will cost, and any recommendation of aircon guy? Many thanks..

loveeveryday

Reaction score
Pipe Leakage - quoted $800!

Just want to share on my experience with All Best IMM.

I have bought an air-con STARMEX INVERTER from them on 4th July and the salesman have told us we do not need to change our piping as it was the more durable kind that were used 10 years ago. Subsequently, the technician came to install late last week and by saturday, the aircon is not blowing cold air. We called them up and the same technician came over and said the gas pressure is leaking and will have to change the piping. This is ridiculous! We only have the aircon for 2 days! And to add on, the technician said it is due to the new refrigerant R410A that were used on the new aircon. Why they did not inform us early!?

Any aircon experts here can recommend me on what will best for this case? All Best suggested to change pipes or should I call another company for a second opinion?

Thanks.

Hi, I have a similar problem. Aircon system is 10 years old. Recently when we switch on 1 of the units, the whole house short circuit. Aircon tech (recommended by friend) say 1of the compressor units spoil and gave us 2 options -- change aircon unit (quoted $1200 onwards) or just change the compressor unit alone ($650). We opted for the compressor unit alone. 1 month later, the aircon unit stop blowing cold air. Aircon tech checked and confirmed that leakage was in pipe which is within false ceiling. Have to hack ceiling, change pipe, repair ceiling -- quoted $800. He said change pipe, next time if I want to change aircon system, the pipe can still use.

Is this a fair price to pay? Am i taken for a ride? $800 seems very exp but I don't know about the market rate also. I tried asking another aircon company, the person told me estimated $1000.

Dryden28

Reaction score
Just finished installation of my new Toshiba Sys 3 by All best. Seems that there's alot of negative feedback about this company. Praying real hard right now.

Twilight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 13 yr aircon just give way..

My Aircon man recommend me System 3 Panasonic but heard the compressor quite noisy. Quote me $2.1k

Or take Mitsubishi at $2.9k..

Any recommendation to which aircon to take?

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
contractor installing mitsubishi inverter in my home today, pray that no leakage happens through normal usage

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so how much can i expect to spend if lets say i buy a sys3 inverter with Gaincity (mitsubishi or panasonic). Total with hidden costs, upgrade and extra warranty? My house has never had aircon and would probably need a site survey first and not sure 1 or 2 days of installation /drilling for the trunking.
I hope i i dont burst my 3k Budget

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so how much can i expect to spend if lets say i buy a sys3 inverter with Gaincity (mitsubishi or panasonic). Total with hidden costs, upgrade and extra warranty? My house has never had aircon and would probably need a site survey first and not sure 1 or 2 days of installation /drilling for the trunking.
I hope i i dont burst my 3k Budget

most likely it will hit 3k and above with all the costs included

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My place just installed Mitsubishi Heavy System 4 Inverter + Bracket + Remove Old units & Pipes + Change new Pipes 1 month ago.

Total damage = $3.8k. The company is Best Tech @ TPY shop.

They took 8 hours to finish all the job from 11am till 7pm. So far the air-con has no issue , very quiet and cool fast. Very satisfied.

Last edited:

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My place just installed Mitsubishi Heavy System 4 + Bracket + Remove Old units & Pipes + Change new Pipes 1 month ago.

Total damage = $2.8k. The company is Best Tech @ TPY shop.

They took 8 hours to finish all the job from 11am till 7pm. So far the air-con has no issue , very quiet and cool fast. Very satisfied.

your system 4 is not inverter?

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My place just installed Mitsubishi Heavy System 4 + Bracket + Remove Old units & Pipes + Change new Pipes 1 month ago.

Total damage = $2.8k. The company is Best Tech @ TPY shop.

system 4 so cheap at 2.8?

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most likely it will hit 3k and above with all the costs included

whats the max? maybe i could stretch to 3.1 or 3.2

I saw Giant Imm selling aircon panasonic 3 sys inverter at $2799 with installation. But not sure if i can trust Giant.

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For more information, for those who are interested in Mitsubishi Heavy System 3 Inverter, TPY Best Tech (Row of shops near Court and Fork & Spoon Foodcourt) is charging $2650 ( w installation ), excluding bracket which costs $150.

I am not related to them. They just installed my air-con recently and I find it so far so good.

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
best tech so far got quite a number of unfavourable reviews. Might go only as last resort.

Twilight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
contractor installing mitsubishi inverter in my home today, pray that no leakage happens through normal usage

How much did you pay for it?

I got my Mitsubishi Electric System 3.
1 MXY4A28VA
2 MSYGE10VA
1 MSYGE13VA

All in for $3000..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.