Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellowei

Reaction score
always tot that Mit Electric > Panasonic?

That report is based on australian customer usage. because their weather conditions are harsher and westerner are very particular abt service. I believe that if the air con can survive their conditions guess can be trusted.

gensity

Reaction score
too bad my contract with gain city still on-going. Else i can give a try.

the last servicing with gaincity.. i have some questions. The guy said my living room not so dirty thus the black plastics roller didnt take out and wash. i ask why, he said if it is not so dirty, it is best not to take out often and wash it. is it true?

question 2: as my master room is much dirtier, he advised my after using switch to FAN mode for about an hour to dry the internal components. True also?

terumo

Reaction score
To Gensity,

No need to dismantle the rotor every time if it is not dirty.
The fan mode thingy will work.

Last edited:

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
error code F94, Compressor discharge pressure overshoot protection
anyone know for Panasonic system with error code F94 is actually what problem? how to repair? thank.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
why casement is so much more exp than the "box" type window aircon ?

And in Singapore there is only 1 brand for casement ?

EuroAce ?

unMLBKN.jpg

8h3qFTS.jpg

terumo

Reaction score
To cannotliao,

Maybe ur outdoor unit aka compressor unit is dirty.
Need to service.
Or your outdoor fan motor is faulty. Either jammed or spinning too slowly.

VIPPatriot

Reaction score
Gain City wants to charge me $450 for piping and insulation and installation for each fan coil unit, which comes up to $1350 on top of the $3000+ they quoted for various system 3 inverter air con models. I wanted them to take replace all my old piping which is concealed in the false ceiling in my condo unit. It's the first time I've heard about such high costs for installing new piping. My previous system I used back the old piping. But this doesn't sound right, does it?

terumo

Reaction score
Conceal pipes cost is usually higher.
But u may wish to get a 2nd quote for comparison.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To cannotliao,

Maybe ur outdoor unit aka compressor unit is dirty.
Need to service.
Or your outdoor fan motor is faulty. Either jammed or spinning too slowly.
thanks for the help.
but the problem is intermittent. It happened once or twice in a few weeks. if fault occur both indoor out door units will auto shut down with the fault light blinking. after shutting down power and restart, the fault will clear and work as per normal.

nadameyoko

Reaction score
Power Trip once I switch on my aircon . it has been tested on both room.
what happen? must I call in aircon technician to double check? my aircon is already 10years old.

tansrb

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got a system 4 mxy-4a28va 1x18 1x13 2x10

And muy-ge10va 1x10 with brackets and installation quoted 5.5k

Worth it?

Last edited:

subbuteo3

Reaction score
Just bought a new Europace System2 aircon (ESACM220) at Courts. They had a warranty offer worth $403 and today was last day! Bought it for $2199. It seems this period is the best time to buy aircon coz its the cool season and also hungry ghost month. Not many people want to have installations during this period. The Europace has a built in self cleaning mechanism. No need to clean manually. Its compressors are same as Mitsubishi as well and made in Japan but Europace itself is a Singapore company. Bought it on the spot!

jash_lee

Reaction score
Hi, appreciate if someone can let me know if the below quotation is reasonable. Can recommend me which one to be installed, pros & cons, etc.

Option 1:
Daikin Inverter (R410A) RKS25GVMG / FTKS25DVM = $1,900.00

Option 2:
Daikin Inverter (R410A) RKS35GVMG / FTKS35DVM = $2,000.00

Option 3:
Mitsubishi Electric Inverter (R410A) MUY-GE10VA / MSY-GE10VA = $1,950.00

Option 4:
Mitsubishi Electric Inverter (R410A) MUY-GE13VA / MSY-GE13VA = $2,050.00

Price includes ceiling work, upgrade to ½ inch insulation & 23 swg copper tube with conceal job.

VIPPatriot

Reaction score
One air con contractor gave me a quote which includes copper 21 pipe which he said is the best. Is there such a thing, becos I scanned this forum and only saw comments on copper 22 and 23. If there is, how much more can I expect to pay compared to copper 22 for a system 3 inverter system for condo unit? Anyone used this before?

terumo

Reaction score
To VIPPatroit,
G21 is straight pipes if I am not wrong, for normal aircon units for houses, best is G22.

terumo

Reaction score
To Tansrb,

If for concealed pipings above ceiling (upgraded materials), then the price is quite reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.