HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #2776

To trender70,

I recommend Daikin, ME inverter.
Old 18-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #2777

Hi terumo

For my kind of usage 6-9 hrs daily for all 3 rooms... you think system 3 or 4 is more suitable for me? Got lobang for good price and installer? haha
Old 18-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #2778
Supremacy Member

Angry

Any bro here using LG Artcool (other version) w mirror glass? Mine is having some problem and need recommendation on any service/repair person that can help on this. Tried calling LG, charges are ridiculous.
What problems are you having?

I am dumping mine. It gave me endless problems and LG does have ridiculous charges.

Circuit boards spoil, Sensors spoil, Condensor going nuts (auto off), swing motor spoil (both the external vertical-horizontal movement and inside fins (left-right movement), motor that closes the mirror panel spoil, remote controls spoil, it is only short of EXPLODING.

3 fan coils and not one functions as it should and I do service it regularly (oh, I mean repair AND service regularly).

Every air-con technician that sees it, just cusses.

Dump it if you can!
Old 21-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #2779

I have a budget of 2.5k for System 3 aircon (I know its way too low). The sales assistant recommended SAMSUNG INVERTER SYS 3 AIRCON + INSTALL MH070FXEA4B / MH026FNEAx3. Any review for this model?
Old 21-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #2780

I have a budget of 2.5k for System 3 aircon (I know its way too low). The sales assistant recommended SAMSUNG INVERTER SYS 3 AIRCON + INSTALL MH070FXEA4B / MH026FNEAx3. Any review for this model?
save more and buy only daikin or mit elec. others at your own risk.
Old 21-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #2781

$2.5k, u may consider Panasonic. Maybe maybe exceed ur budget by $200+, but IMO is better then e brand u intend to purchase.
Old 21-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #2782
Arch-Supremacy Member

What is typical lifespan for aircon system 3/4? My Toshiba 18years going strong. Doing budget for 5year plan.lol.
Old 21-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #2783
Supremacy Member

What problems are you having?

I am dumping mine. It gave me endless problems and LG does have ridiculous charges.

Circuit boards spoil, Sensors spoil, Condensor going nuts (auto off), swing motor spoil (both the external vertical-horizontal movement and inside fins (left-right movement), motor that closes the mirror panel spoil, remote controls spoil, it is only short of EXPLODING.

3 fan coils and not one functions as it should and I do service it regularly (oh, I mean repair AND service regularly).

Every air-con technician that sees it, just cusses.

Dump it if you can!
Ouch, that sound really bad ... How long have you been using it bro?

Mine has minor prob compare to yours. One of them will not blow cold air from time to time, so I have to switch off and on, then hope for the best. The 'auto-clean' function also not working. The other one in the living is rarely use but still working alright.

Luckily the one in the mbr is functioning just right and I hope it last. Gonna cost me a lot if I have to rerun the pipes.

Bro, can you share your service technician that know how to repair it. Thanks.
Old 21-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #2784
Supremacy Member

What is typical lifespan for aircon system 3/4? My Toshiba 18years going strong. Doing budget for 5year plan.lol.
The Toshibas of those days are hardy machines cos' probably they are MIJ then. My LG Artcool is about 7 yrs, giving some minor problems fr time to time, so I wldn't recommend.
Old 21-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #2785
Arch-Supremacy Member

The Toshibas of those days are hardy machines cos' probably they are MIJ then. My LG Artcool is about 7 yrs, giving some minor problems fr time to time, so I wldn't recommend.
think you are right about old Toshiba MIJ. Paid almost $5k those days for system4 (18kbtu)..now like $3k only. Touch wood, Cross fingers.
Old 21-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #2786

I got a quotation for Mitshibishi Electric System 3

3A28VA - $2570
AD18VA - $1350

1/2 inch Insuflex - add $250 to upgrade to Armaflex
Copper G23 - add $50 to upgrade to G22
Drainage pipe 16mm
1 trip installation - if two trips add another $100.
Installation 1 year - but she can upgrade FOC to 3 years.

Got a few questions. Why is armaflex upgrade so ex??
Is G22 upgrade necessary? Mine is concealed piping.
What is the issue with 1 or 2 trip installation? I don't mind 1 trip installation but is there any scenario where 2 trips will be required?

What other things I should raise?

Lastly, anyone heard of Bright Sea Airconditioning & Kaisoon??

Many thanks,
Louise
(from Renotalk as well)
Old 21-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #2787
Supremacy Member

Ouch, that sound really bad ... How long have you been using it bro?

Mine has minor prob compare to yours. One of them will not blow cold air from time to time, so I have to switch off and on, then hope for the best. The 'auto-clean' function also not working. The other one in the living is rarely use but still working alright.

Luckily the one in the mbr is functioning just right and I hope it last. Gonna cost me a lot if I have to rerun the pipes.

Bro, can you share your service technician that know how to repair it. Thanks.
Coming 7 years old.

The guys who helped me repair were from Cool Serve and they did a decent job. But one fan coil after another.. part after part... even they were not happy with it.

I am re-running the pipes, got mine from All Best last time and they messed up. Gotta tear down my wardrobe and re-assemble to settle it or the first fan coil cannot be taken down
Old 21-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #2788

To Huskyjude,

2 trips is needed when u are doing reno at the same time, so the trunking can be installed first, after painting and rest is done, then they come back and install the fancoil.
If u r currently staying there and not doing any reno, single trip is fine.

For concealed pipes, if budget permits, use G22 and 1/2 will be ideal.
But i suggest Armaflex brand insulation.
Old 22-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #2789

Went to gain city(GC) for ac.
Given the following price and detail
Mitsubishi Starmex 4sys
$4299
MSY-GE10VA *3 unit
MSY-GE24VA *1 unit
Insulation 1/2
Drainage 16mm
Copper Pipes G23.

1.Any advice and review for the specifications given?
2.Anyone installed Mitsubishi Starmex AC from GC recently, can post some photo on their end product work. =)
3.Any review for the workmanship from GC?
Old 22-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #2790

many thanks terumo,

can i check with you on thermaflex class 0 versus armaflex?

One contractor claims that this is much better than armaflex & he says he will use 1/2inch for my concealed piping **** rm & 3/8inch for normal trunking for my 3 bedrooms.

He also claim his G23 (GT or GIT) copper pipes made in Thailand are much better than the std G22 pipes the industry is using.

Is that true?

Many thanks,
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.