HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #271
Master Member

Thanks, very informative stuff
hope i didn't come across as some know-it-all-show-off...

coz i was just 'researching' into the pipes thingie since I was also looking for a new system.

Just wanna share it...
Old 20-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #272

air con limitation

I got one question.

Below is one of my shortlisted aircon.

Daikin compressor MA56EV1 (20,267BTU/hr) system 3 which uses FT25DVM (9000BTU/hr).

Does that means if I only on 2 FCU i will receive 9000BTU/hr from both FCU but if i on 3 FCU then i will only receive 6000++ BTU/hr as it is being limited by my compressor?

Is my theory correct?
Old 20-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #273
Master Member

I got one question.

Below is one of my shortlisted aircon.

Daikin compressor MA56EV1 (20,267BTU/hr) system 3 which uses FT25DVM (9000BTU/hr).

Does that means if I only on 2 FCU i will receive 9000BTU/hr from both FCU but if i on 3 FCU then i will only receive 6000++ BTU/hr as it is being limited by my compressor?

Is my theory correct?
yes. at least that's what GainCity told me when i asked them in depth on this.
Old 20-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #274
Supremacy Member

hi.. just got this thread when searchin from google. really a gd thread talkin about aircon as i also findin threads about aircon. started readin a few page in this thread.

recently started to knw more and researchin about aircon stuff since my hse jus installed new aircon 2 weeks ago.

jus a info to all here, mine is a daikin system 4, 3 ticks. is a non-inverter. model of compressor is same as posidongal, MA56EV1. 3 x FT25DVM, 1 x FT50FVM. i brought it from FairPrice Xtra at jurong point @ $2799. installer is TRENDS HOME ELECTRICAL. they did a very gd installation. after search many thread/forum, nobody brought it from fairprice xtra.

after 2 weeks of using, no problem at all wit the piping. even previous aircon also no problem too. previous one was fuji electric system 2. using it for 8-9years. not sure which installer. i check the circuit diagram of the old one, it is usin 2 compressor.

answerin to posidongal, the total of compressor is 20267btu/hr.(1 big compressor w/ 4 valves) so if u on all 3, it wil be divide by 3. but max fcu btu is 9000. (living rm one is 18000btu/hr)

actually from my point of view, it is best to on 2 fcu at the same time. but i dont tink both fcu wil be at the same temp at same time. so no matter at which time which fcu switch on, its stil the same ba.
At 1 time when i start on the aircon wit 2 fcu, i note down the meter outside my hse. so after i switch off, it is 8kWh. so is around $1.50 for 6 to 7hrs usage. not sure is it same as other ppl usin the same model?

Last edited by chunlianghere; 20-05-2009 at 01:21 PM..
Old 20-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #275

Wasn't yours a Fujitsu Inverter? (same brand as my current one...)

can they just change the Compressor Unit (i take it you mean the entire outdoor unit, right?), and keep the Fujitsu FCUs (Indoor Units); or did they change the entire system?

And did you have to pay for it?
My previous fujitsu compressor was a different model to yours. They changed the whole system. I had to pay 800 more. Justifiable as they went from a system 3 to a system 4 compressor with bigger BTU fan coils in two rooms.
Old 20-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #276
Supremacy Member

My previous fujitsu compressor was a different model to yours. They changed the whole system. I had to pay 800 more. Justifiable as they went from a system 3 to a system 4 compressor with bigger BTU fan coils in two rooms.
gd tat they finally do something about it which change to a better one. but their advice on selection of aircon to suit your house was way too bad.

wat was the model tat they change to?
Old 21-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #277
Master Member

nid comments pls

my dad juz bought MHI inverter multi split system 3 for $2850

energy saving 4 ticks

compressor is SCM60ZG-S and 3 X SKM28ZG-S @ $2520

1 X stainless steel bracket for $150

1 X power point 15amp for $180

free cover 4 plywood fov

so total is $2850

warranty - 1 yr part, 3 yrs workmanship, 5 yrs compressor

free lighting voucher worth $50 and service voucher worth $120

installer is from best tech aircon engineering pte ltd

next thurs will be coming down to install

is the price ok? is best tech good?

anyting to note when they are doing the installation?

Last edited by devilrazor; 21-05-2009 at 05:50 PM..
Old 21-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #278
Supremacy Member

if u read from the 1st page, actually there r some ppl happy n also not happy wit best tech installation.
Old 21-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #279
Master Member

if u read from the 1st page, actually there r some ppl happy n also not happy wit best tech installation.
i have read from page 1 to the last page

thought many are not happy with all best?

eh all best is best tech?

and there a few disappointed with Hong Tar
Old 21-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #280
Master Member

i read the replies here and found out tat MHI inverter aircons are not really cold?

anyone using MHI can comment abt tis?
Old 22-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #281

hi guys.. i am back with an answer to my previous enquiry.
i have check with GainCity guys and the answer they gave is NO with regards to my previous question. (sharing of compressor between 2 FCU qn, please refer back to previous post if u blur blur nw =) )

my aircon was installed and running since yesterday. shiok leh, haha. first time buying aircon so a bit blur also.
time to share my experience =)

i tink the location of the FCU is also damn important.. my currently FCU location is at a corner of a room and hence the other end of the room is slightly warmer, erm, not cold to be extact.
this is my first time using a aircon at home and hence i dun have any experience but if i were to install again, i will place the FCU at the center of the room where it is close to my computer and bed. i tried turnning on the FCU at full speed, lowest temp and tried standing infront of it. its cool but not till the chilling stage hence i believe i can tahan even if it is blowing closer or even at me -_-"

like wad singingbard mentioned, buy aircon is to enjoy de mah.. of cos must place it closer to you. unless you dun mind always using it at full speed and lowest temp the whole day which in turn is $$ issue again.
i believe if i place it closer to me, i need not switch it till so cold and safe more $$. T_T too late now..

now i have a new plan.. i planning to shift my bed and computer etc to accomandate the aircon.. haha.. pretty lame but bo bian la..

btw, my contractor is Lightening AC, location at Tampines area.
quite please with their job. they came at 9.30am and finished the job at 7pm. very accomandating and they even help to arrange for the electrician to lay the cables on the same day.
before they install the aircon they will also come over for a site survey and give recommendation on the location of the FCU etcs. HELPFUL! =)

http://www.lightning.sg/
Old 22-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #282
Supremacy Member

hi guys.. i am back with an answer to my previous enquiry.
i have check with GainCity guys and the answer they gave is NO with regards to my previous question. (sharing of compressor between 2 FCU qn, please refer back to previous post if u blur blur nw =) )

my aircon was installed and running since yesterday. shiok leh, haha. first time buying aircon so a bit blur also.
time to share my experience =)

i tink the location of the FCU is also damn important.. my currently FCU location is at a corner of a room and hence the other end of the room is slightly warmer, erm, not cold to be extact.
this is my first time using a aircon at home and hence i dun have any experience but if i were to install again, i will place the FCU at the center of the room where it is close to my computer and bed. i tried turnning on the FCU at full speed, lowest temp and tried standing infront of it. its cool but not till the chilling stage hence i believe i can tahan even if it is blowing closer or even at me -_-"

like wad singingbard mentioned, buy aircon is to enjoy de mah.. of cos must place it closer to you. unless you dun mind always using it at full speed and lowest temp the whole day which in turn is $$ issue again.
i believe if i place it closer to me, i need not switch it till so cold and safe more $$. T_T too late now..

now i have a new plan.. i planning to shift my bed and computer etc to accomandate the aircon.. haha.. pretty lame but bo bian la..

btw, my contractor is Lightening AC, location at Tampines area.
quite please with their job. they came at 9.30am and finished the job at 7pm. very accomandating and they even help to arrange for the electrician to lay the cables on the same day.
before they install the aircon they will also come over for a site survey and give recommendation on the location of the FCU etcs. HELPFUL! =)

http://www.lightning.sg/
gd tat u enjoy it! but if u were to use a thermometer n put where the cold air come out, it shld be around 13 plus degrees.

so the 2 compressor inside, 12000btu one is connected to living room n 8000btu to 2 rooms?

Last edited by chunlianghere; 22-05-2009 at 09:34 PM..
Old 22-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #283

my final setup is 12000btu to masterbed rm and living room and one 8000btu to myself =)
Old 25-05-2009, 10:58 AM   #284

hi guys.. i am done with my shiftings and i am very happy with the results. i managed to shift both my computer and bed just directly opp the aircon .. and it seems tat i managed to contain the cold air ard my bed area as i notice that the area behind the wardrobe is slightly warmer which is alright for me.. my setting is, temp to 28degree and fan speed at 3bar and it will be cold throughout the nite.. woO~
Old 25-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #285

Ma56ev16, u 0n 3 x 9k btu fcu @ the same time, its also powerful enough to cool the 3 rooms down. So no worries.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.