HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #2836

that will be very expensive just to do the ceiling. I prefer the aircon installer to do everything, cheaper.
hmmmm doubt there is any leh...if have i also want to know...so next time i can engage too
Old 31-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #2837

QFT.

I had bad experience with All Best through Best Tech.

But there will always be those who had good experience.
hmmm icic....but maybe see heng suay one...
Old 31-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #2838

If u need ceiling man contact, PM me.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #2839
tk
Supremacy Member

When i ask for quotes to replace my current aircon.. some shops tell me no need to change the current stainless steel bracket (as long as the size fits new condenser) while other shops insist stainless steel bracket much change (regardless of new condenser size).. Who is right?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #2840
Supremacy Member

shouldn't change if it fits. for my case(Gain City), the sales guy told me the technician will bring new bracket in case my old bracket couldn't fit the new one, in the end, it still fits, so never change.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #2841
tk
Supremacy Member

shouldn't change if it fits. for my case(Gain City), the sales guy told me the technician will bring new bracket in case my old bracket couldn't fit the new one, in the end, it still fits, so never change.
Hmm.. it was the Gain City sales guy who insisted MUST change new bracket.. quite bad attitude also..
Old 04-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #2842

If the bracket can fit, and its stainless steel, can use back.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #2843
Supremacy Member

Hi guru,

i looking for a non-inverter (for light use) and was recommended Mitsubishi MUX-3BD23 which uses R410A.

Multi Split (Non Inverter) - Multi Split (Non Inverter) - R410A | Mitsubishi Electric Asia

should be ok right? not old model i hoped.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #2844

hi all, got some issues with installing a new system 3 inverter air-con system which i need some advice on.

The air-con surveyor from Courts said that my it is not possible to install the 3 air-cons as the rooms lack the requisite piping. Only way is to remove some in-build cupboards and run the piping behind.

Previously the rooms in my house (4rm-hdb) was using those kind of air-cons which was mounted vertically on the window kind.

My question is whetheri) this is a common problem; (ii) anyone has any experience is addressing similar issues (i.e. whether the surveyor's recommendation is really the only way or are there any other measures available); and (iii) what is the price range i should be looking at? I'm paying abt 3k for the system 3 including delivery, installation etc but not sure how much would the total bill be if the work on the pipe commences.

Thank you so much!
Old 05-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #2845

Hi people and the gurus here,

Been following this thread for quite abit of time. Terumo bro, need your advise if u can help.

My in law 5rm flat wishes to install ac after many long years of staying. Looking for a gd installer and mit star mex 4 inverter. Was quoted 3.9k with bracket by an installer. Any good recommendations? Kindly PM if not convenient.

Thanks all and have a good day.

[Yu]k |-kaZe.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #2846

Panasonic Inverter System 3

Hi Guys and experts,
One of the wall-units is not working at all. The other two units are functioning. Tested and confirmed that all 3 remote controllers are working. Could any of you kindly advise me potential faults and also a very reliable aircon repair company? Thank u so much for your help.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:05 AM   #2847

Looking for Inverter System 2/3

The 8-year old LG Inverter Gold Air-Con that I inherited from the previous owner of my house gave way as the Outdoor Unit is not working. Internal parts within the Outdoor Unit has rusted and apparently the frame itself is also fragile and in danger of collapsing anytime soon according to the technicians.

Anyway, I was looking around at IMM today and had an interesting experience.

Shop A (A** Best)
-Spent sometime in the shop and the salesman is not pushy and recommend me a System 2 to replace my existing System 3 as I told him that my living room unit is hardly ever used.
-Recommended me Panasonic if I've got a baby due to the built-in Ionizer features
-However, earliest installation date is early July and I couldn't wait so long for it as my 4-month old baby is sweating every night and couldn't sleep well

Shop B (G*** City)
-Salesman who served me probably aware that I just came over from his neighbor, so just gave the quotations i need
-Earliest installation date is also early July

Shop C (B*** Tech)
-Sales Lady recommended Mitsubishi Heavy Industries to me, saying that it is consume less energy compared to Mitsubishi Starmex or Panasonic Inverter as its a new model that is recently launched (TRUE as power consumption is indeed lesser)
-She commented that Mitsubishi Starmex is a 6-year old model that is reliable and still doesn't has a replacement model yet as its good
-Also gave me a brief history on the relationship between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Electric, saying that the older brother is Heavy Industries and Electric is actually a spin-off subsidiary of Heavy Industries (Shown me a graph with the history of the companies)
-She gave negative feedback on Panasonic, saying that it has a lot of new models launched on a yearly basis as there are a lot of issues with the existing models and new models are introduced to solve the problems.
-She even commented that the built-in Ionizer is harmful for babies due to some effect.....
-Earliest installation date is this Sat which is attractive for me. But after some googling to get review about this company, I'm glad that I googled.

The comments from Shop C has however somehow influenced my decision and to choose Mitsubishi Electric Inverter Sys 2 instead of Panasonic.

I contacted C*** Serve and was quoted $2289.80 for ME Inverter Sys2 (2E20 + x2 GE10) with upgrade of insulation to 3/4 inch. (Cost $80 per unit)

Terumo,

Any comments?
Would the 2E20 be good enough to power the x2 GE10?
Can advise if the deal is fair? Its actually the same quote as what they are posting on their webpage.

Last edited by Zack_Lew; 07-06-2012 at 12:08 AM..
Old 07-06-2012, 12:21 AM   #2848

To zack lew,
2e20 is enough to power 2 x ge10 even if on at the same time,
The price given by cool serve is a reasonable price.
Did u factor in the cost of the stainless steel bracket?

To siak123,
U mean one of your wall units cannot be turned on via remote? Need to manually on?
Old 07-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #2849

To zack lew,
2e20 is enough to power 2 x ge10 even if on at the same time,
The price given by cool serve is a reasonable price.
Did u factor in the cost of the stainless steel bracket?

To siak123,
U mean one of your wall units cannot be turned on via remote? Need to manually on?
My HDB flat has a latch for air-con, so the bracket is not required. : )
Old 07-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #2850

Dear all,

Am undergoing renovation at my 5-room resale flat and I wonder, is it true that my aircon compressor(s) has to be installed inside the service balcony and not outside of my flat? Because if I intend to have 5 split aircons, it will mean that I will have to install 2 compressors at the service balcony!

I was quoted about $6.3k for 5 units (one System 3 and one System 2).

Appreciate comments and help!!!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.