Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrairc

Reaction score
i Was refering to the 3c70 wiring. Good materials is 23gauge cooper tubes, 12mm drainage pipes and 1/2 inches armaflex insulation...

70 wiring for outdoor unit, 40 for indoor unit...

Still dunno reason my previous andykoh1981 account banned....
hi andykoh1981 :)

speedwerk79

Reaction score
Recommendation pls..

Hi all...

Can anybody recommend looking at specifically these two make/model to compare pls...
Getting system 4 inv to accommodate my four bedroom.
Seldom utilise or, if its in use, will on maximum two units.

1. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Inv Sys 4
Particular system known to be in the market for 2-3 years

2. LG Artcool Inv Sys 4
the latest system that comes in black unit also.

Anybody pls advise...

mrairc

Reaction score
Hi all...

Can anybody recommend looking at specifically these two make/model to compare pls...
Getting system 4 inv to accommodate my four bedroom.
Seldom utilise or, if its in use, will on maximum two units.

1. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Inv Sys 4
Particular system known to be in the market for 2-3 years

2. LG Artcool Inv Sys 4
the latest system that comes in black unit also.

Anybody pls advise...
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Inv Sys 4 is better then LG sys 4 .

TimCooked

Reaction score
Please help

Dear helpful guys,

The aircon in my room is leaking.

Repair man says it's cos my fan coil has corroded, and servicing it gives only temporary relief.

My aircon system is 13 years old, but the other 4 fan coils are working fine.

Which option should I choose :

1) Replace the whole system (should cost around S$5+k)
2) Replace the problematic fan coil (should cost a lot lesser, but where do I get a replacement for my 13 year old Daikin aircon?)
3) Continue servicing the problematic fan coil until other fan coils break down as well

Help me solve this puzzle please!!!

daniellyt

Reaction score
Juz check with u guys....Is your aircon compressor secured to the steel bracket outside the window?

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
Dear helpful guys,

Repair man says it's cos my fan coil has corroded, and servicing it gives only temporary relief.

2) Replace the problematic fan coil (should cost a lot lesser, but where do I get a replacement for my 13 year old Daikin aircon?)
3) Continue servicing the problematic fan coil until other fan coils break down as well

Coincidentally, I just replaced my Daikin System 3 which was also 13 years old. Outdoor compressor unit was throwing H8 error, not worth repairing. But FCUs were still working fine.

Wonder if they really throw away those old units, or strip them for parts, which I think would help solve your problem.

Btw, anyone need extra Daikin remote controls? Got 4 of them, one of which is still in the original bubble wrap... :)

TimCooked

Reaction score
Coincidentally, I just replaced my Daikin System 3 which was also 13 years old. Outdoor compressor unit was throwing H8 error, not worth repairing. But FCUs were still working fine.

Wonder if they really throw away those old units, or strip them for parts, which I think would help solve your problem.

Btw, anyone need extra Daikin remote controls? Got 4 of them, one of which is still in the original bubble wrap... :)

Hi Kun1he2, can you take a picture of your fan coil, or let me know your model number? Or where can I go to have a look?

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello TimCooked,

Based on desctiption it could be possible that your fan coil is choked which leads to leaking. However only servicing is possible as the internal of your fan coil is rusty and beyond chemical overhual.

Reason being that during the overhual process the unit have to be dismantled and as the internal parts are rusty, they might give way during the dismantling which could lead to more problems.

The condition of this unit will get worse over time due to age and corrosion.

This in our honest opinion is the best solution to have all issues solved.
You can also use this opportunity to change to an inverter system for energy efficiency if your current unit is a non inverter. Cost wise no doubt will be the highest of all.

It seems that you have a system 5 as there are 4 other units?
If your current units are split into 2 different systems say a System 2 + a System 3, then maybe you might want to consider replacing only the system whereby this unit is connected to. This however is only for cost savings and is up to your discretion.

It is highly unlikely that a new fan coil can still be found in the market.
You will have to bank on 2nd hand fan coils which might not be at an optimal condition which also means that you will be taking a risk and it is not known how long this 2nd handed unit might last.

This is the next possible alternative in my opinion however as mentioned above, the condition of this unit will continue to deteriorate which also means that the number of servicing will increase over time and at some point of time, the unit might be rendered unoperational and an installation of a new system is required. All these might happen even before your other 4 units breaks down.

You might want to weigh between these and consider the pricing differences before you come to a decision.

There is no right or wrong.
Only cost and time factors involved.
Hope you find the one that is most suitable for you.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Dear helpful guys,

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Kun1he2, can you take a picture of your fan coil, or let me know your model number? Or where can I go to have a look?

Already gone... was wondering if they actually throw them away or keep them for spare parts.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Daniellyt,

It all depends. If your unit have an aircon ledge, the condenser should be placed there.

Otherwise the condenser will be sitting on a steel bracket outside the window usually thru the opening under the masterbedroom window.

There are also some units that have their condenser sitting on floor of the utility area.

The above applied to HDB units.
Your installer should be able to advise you where to place the condensers.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Juz check with u guys....Is your aircon compressor secured to the steel bracket outside the window?

daniellyt

Reaction score
Hello Daniellyt,

It all depends. If your unit have an aircon ledge, the condenser should be placed there.

Otherwise the condenser will be sitting on a steel bracket outside the window usually thru the opening under the masterbedroom window.

There are also some units that have their condenser sitting on floor of the utility area.

The above applied to HDB units.
Your installer should be able to advise you where to place the condensers.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

The condenser is placed under the master bedroom window on the steel bracket. Should the condenser be bolted to the bracket?

Season.

Reaction score
Hi all, need some advise on air condition for my new house.
Currently considering between Mitsubishi Easy Clean 3 System Inverter and Daikin 3MKS - 3 System Inverter ( for what i have heard from PassionAir )

The price range between this 2 is $100 difference
Mitsubishi : $3000
Daikin : $3100

How is the price ?

Last edited:

Season.

Reaction score
As above... looking into air conditioning 3 bedrooms and the living room.. my contractor quoted me $3.7k for a 4:1(2 compressors inside) toshiba system with inverter.

is it expensive?

any lobang/recommendations?

is daikin or mitsubishi better?

for what i have heard, mitsubishi and daikin is better for now !
alot of people would go for this two brands rather than others.
Im thinking between this two brands too! need some advice too.
Either Mitsubishi Easy Clean 3 System Inverter or Daikin 3MKS.

Last edited:

TimCooked

Reaction score
Thanks Kun1he2, I will definitely write you (for the remote) if I get to keep my 13-yr old aircon :)

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Daniellyt,

Yes. According to standard protocol the condenser should be bolted to the bracket.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

The condenser is placed under the master bedroom window on the steel bracket. Should the condenser be bolted to the bracket?

TimCooked

Reaction score
Hello TimCooked,

Based on desctiption it could be possible that your fan coil is choked which leads to leaking. However only servicing is possible as the internal of your fan coil is rusty and beyond chemical overhual.

Reason being that during the overhual process the unit have to be dismantled and as the internal parts are rusty, they might give way during the dismantling which could lead to more problems.

The condition of this unit will get worse over time due to age and corrosion.

This in our honest opinion is the best solution to have all issues solved.
You can also use this opportunity to change to an inverter system for energy efficiency if your current unit is a non inverter. Cost wise no doubt will be the highest of all.

It seems that you have a system 5 as there are 4 other units?
If your current units are split into 2 different systems say a System 2 + a System 3, then maybe you might want to consider replacing only the system whereby this unit is connected to. This however is only for cost savings and is up to your discretion.

It is highly unlikely that a new fan coil can still be found in the market.
You will have to bank on 2nd hand fan coils which might not be at an optimal condition which also means that you will be taking a risk and it is not known how long this 2nd handed unit might last.

This is the next possible alternative in my opinion however as mentioned above, the condition of this unit will continue to deteriorate which also means that the number of servicing will increase over time and at some point of time, the unit might be rendered unoperational and an installation of a new system is required. All these might happen even before your other 4 units breaks down.

You might want to weigh between these and consider the pricing differences before you come to a decision.

There is no right or wrong.
Only cost and time factors involved.
Hope you find the one that is most suitable for you.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham
Thanks maxicoolservices,for your thorough reply.

Yes, my fan coil has corroded to the point beyond chemical cleaning.

I guess I will have to source for a recon fan coil first. If unavailable, then I would probably shop for a System 3 (yes my condenser serves 3 bedrooms). Bearing in mind that I will have to replace piping as well...this is my worst nightmare come true.

mrairc

Reaction score
Dear helpful guys,

For Daikin air con u can just change a new fan coil unit . Coz u ard $500 for the new fan coil unit .

mrairc

Reaction score
Hi all, need some advise on air condition for my new house.
Currently considering between Mitsubishi Easy Clean 3 System Inverter and Daikin 3MKS - 3 System Inverter ( for what i have heard from PassionAir )

The price range between this 2 is $100 difference
Mitsubishi : $3000
Daikin : $3100

How is the price ?
For Inverter air con Daikin still don't got so many problematic . The important part still is the workmanship .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.