HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #2941

Chemical reaction, I don't think so.
I recommend MIT Electric.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #2942

Chemical reaction, I don't think so.
I recommend MIT Electric.
I see, how about DC or AC inverter better choice?
Old 05-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #2943

Daikin n ME uses Dc inverter.
So I guess Dc should be better as the market leaders usually can't be wrong. (IMO)
Old 07-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #2944
Master Member

My friend paid extra $100 for the upgrade to armaflex...in the end, he still see some insulflex in...at least in his storeroom...is this normal? or he has been carroted?

Also, there is a paper on warranty and the installer kept saying got to throw away and he saw 5 years warranty!
Something very fishy...

Last edited by fidodido; 07-07-2012 at 04:36 PM..
Old 07-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #2945

manufacturer's warranty and btu

Will installing a lower btu blower in a larger room cause the manufacturer to void the warranty of the air con? Can someone confirm? Thanks.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #2946

To fidodido,
Insulflex and armaflex is different brands.

To sane_geek,
Installing a lower btu will not void warranty, but agent will not entertain claims of room being not cold to your requirements.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #2947

To Tmarvin,

I read thru ME catalogue, they claimed there will a chemical reaction if u use back the pipes.

I feel that as long gas pipes no leaking/condensation, should be safe to use back.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #2948

Hi Guys, need your help, just purchased a 3 room flat with one unit spoilt window aircon. i am planning to install system 2 AC for MR and CR. i am on a tight budget and will be buying maybe a non-inventer only. my questions are:

1. Do i still need to apply for a permit for the installation of 15amps power outlet?

2. Is Daikin MA56EV1 2XFT25DVM sufficient enough for both rooms?

3. Our normal usage is from 10pm to 6am daily

4. Heard coolserve was ok in installation, any other suggestions?

i've been reading this thread for a couple of days already and still in the process of absorbing everything.

thanks in Advance.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #2949

Hi John, I was also researching on aircon 2 or 3 weeks ago. Just to answer your queries and share some info.

1. Do i still need to apply for a permit for the installation of 15amps power outlet?
Ans: Please consult HDB Guidelines for Air-Conditioners Installation Works web page.

Depending on your block and estate, you may or may not need. Newer or upgraded flats with 40 Amps main switch will not need a permit. For older flats with 30 Amps main switch, if you're installing a new 15 Amps power point, you'll need. In any case, your air-con installation team should be able to advise.

You can also double-check and confirm online your block's electrical loading or call the toll-free HDB Branch Office Service Line at 1800-2255432.

2. Is Daikin MA56EV1 2XFT25DVM sufficient enough for both rooms?
Depends on your room sizes. Your outdoor compressor unit MA56EV1 is definitely powerful enough for 2 rooms, since it can even do 3 or 4 rooms, though probably not optimal.

You can use online btu calculators like this or this to estimate if your indoor fan coil units are powerful enough. Again, your aircon dealer and installation team who recce your house should be able to advise accordingly.

You can opt for FT35DVM fan coils if you have bigger rooms. I think MA56EV1 can still handle 2 x FT35DVM very well.

3. Our normal usage is from 10pm to 6am daily
If both rooms are air-conditioned concurrently, it should be fine to get non-inverter aircon. Little to no cost savings from electrical bills can be obtained from inverter model if your usage pattern is like this.

4. Heard coolserve was ok in installation, any other suggestions?
Some people recommend Hong Tar in this forum perhaps from positive customer experience. But if you're jittery, you may want to stick to bigger dealers like Courts or Gain City, where they can't possibly run away or deny responsibilities if the aircon system or installation go awry.

Nevertheless, air-con installation can be a hit-and-miss affair. Some customers have positive experience with one company, while some others may have problems with the same company.

Note: I must stress that I'm not affiliated with any of the dealers mentioned above, I do not have any vested interest in them and I do not have any personal experience with them as a customer. I am not trying to promote them and I cannot vouch for their product/service quality.

In many cases, air-con installation service is outsourced to third party companies, so there is no guarantee that if you order from a particular dealer with many positive reviews or track records, you will be assured of a positive trouble-free customer experience, though reputation and reviews from past customers can still be reassuring. Conversely, dealers with poor track records can provide positive experience for some of their customers.

Much depends on which installation team get assigned to your order and this process is pretty opaque. You don't really have a choice or get to pick the team yourself. So much depends on luck.

Price-wise, it is pretty competitive. Price differences for same air-con configuration between dealers usually hover +/- $200 which is not much, and sometimes it may be good to pay a little bit more for quality installation service than to end up with more troubles and to keep haggling the dealer to send someone down to fix up problems later on. May not be wise to pick the cheapest one. Again installation service quality is hard to prove or judge at the beginning when choosing a dealer to place your order. Only when the team arrives to install or when you call up for after-sale support service, you can see its level of professionalism and dedication to perform the service.

Hope my info helps.
Old 13-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #2950

Air conditioner units are clumsy objects,and you don't want your brand-new appliance falling out during installation and landing on the ground below.While the installation of different units should be similar,there are variations between A/C designs.
Raise the lower pane,and have your helper place the unit on the windowsill.Slide out the unit's extensions to fill the empty window space.Next,level the unit according to the manufacture's instructions.However,keep in mind that some units are not designed to be tilt.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 13-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #2951
Supremacy Member

I just got a quote for a System 3 Panasonic at $1870.

Is that cheap?? Its replacing my old unit..Just change the compressor and blower unit.. Rest retain..

So good deal?
Old 13-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #2952

To twilight,

U mean using back your old piping?
Old 14-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #2953
Banned

To twilight,

U mean using back your old piping?
Yes .... Was quoted 1870 for 3 unit and compresser cheap?
Old 18-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #2954

I just got a quote for a System 3 Panasonic at $1870.

Is that cheap?? Its replacing my old unit..Just change the compressor and blower unit.. Rest retain..

So good deal?
Hi,
what is the total btu and which company did you get your quote from?

Thanks
Old 18-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #2955

Samsung - Crystal Sys 3

@Bro Terumo

can advise and give comments on the following.

Wanted to get Samsung - CRystal System 3 inverter. Is the system good?

Regards
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.