Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lipo99

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a month ago, I read an ad from gain city stating their difference with competitors. And they write until their competitors are crooks:s22::s22: So is gain city the place to get aircon?

Also, I seldom on Air-Con. maybe 3-4 times per month for night only. So should I get inverter or non-inverter? Also, should I get Mit since I do not on air-con frequently

Last edited:

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Lipo99,

Every installers have their good or bad points.
Gain City would be one of the places to go to for price comparison as they carry a wide range of brands/models

Most important is to be comfortable with the pricing and also the materials used and also warranty. Do not rush into making decision as it would be always good to compare before committing.

The trend for aircondition is moving towards Inverters hence it would be more optimal if you consider an inverter system. Mitsubishi Electric is one of those that can be considered. The spare parts for inverters are more expensive as compared to non inverters. For non inverter do consider Daikin.

You might also want to plan into the future as some might rent out their houses/rooms, have babies etc which would change the usage trends of their aircon.

Good Luck on finding the system that is most suitable for your needs.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

a month ago, I read an ad from gain city stating their difference with competitors. And they write until their competitors are crooks:s22::s22: So is gain city the place to get aircon?

Also, I seldom on Air-Con. maybe 3-4 times per month for night only. So should I get inverter or non-inverter?

lipo99

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello Lipo99,

Every installers have their good or bad points.
Gain City would be one of the places to go to for price comparison as they carry a wide range of brands/models

Thanks. So I will take inverter. Your point is very valid. So I still confused where to get the aircon. Because even if I find a cheaper shop than Gain city, I will not know whether Gain City claim that their competitors use lousy wiring are true

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Lipo99

Wiring wise, you can consider to use Keystone wires.
This brand is one of the more reputable/reliable around.
If you are worried about the materials used, be around during installation. You will be able to see the brands of the insulation(Armaflex etc), wires(Keystone) imprinted on the material itself.
Have your installers list out the brands of materials used on their quotation to you.

As for where to source for good installers, look around the forum.
I am pretty sure there will be many that have good recommendations.
You might also want to goto the major electrical stores for price/material comparison.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Thanks. So I will take inverter. Your point is very valid. So I still confused where to get the aircon. Because even if I find a cheaper shop than Gain city, I will not know whether Gain City claim that their competitors use lousy wiring are true

lipo99

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello Lipo99

Wiring wise, you can consider to use Keystone wires.
This brand is one of the more reputable/reliable around.
If you are worried about the materials used, be around during installation. You will be able to see the brands of the insulation(Armaflex etc), wires(Keystone) imprinted on the material itself.
Have your installers list out the brands of materials used on their quotation to you.

As for where to source for good installers, look around the forum.
I am pretty sure there will be many that have good recommendations.
You might also want to goto the major electrical stores for price/material comparison.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham
Wonderful!! Thanks:s12::s12:

clscth

Reaction score
Hi all,

Need some advice regarding my 10+ yr old system 3 Toshiba aircon. The fan coil model is RAS-10NKX. The pcb module had spoiled 4 yrs back n was replaced. Now the FC failed recently and cannot be turned on.

Is there a new FC model that is compatible with the current system or should I replace the whole system?

TIA.

badkham07

Reaction score
looking for Mitsubishi inverter system 3.
anyone can advise me where can I go to purchase for the most reasonable pricing. is gaincity, courts etc recommended?

thanks.

mrairc

Reaction score
anyone can advise me where can I go to purchase for the most reasonable pricing. is gaincity, courts etc recommended?

thanks.
Workmanship warranty is the important part . (reasonable pricing) u can find in Saturdays News paper . Many promotion coming out this few months .

Joevyis

Reaction score
any bros here install the panasonic inverter sys4 ?? if compare with Mit starmex sys4 which is the better option ??

my air con contractor keep pushing me pana saying pana (2013)is new model whereas Mit starmex is old model (2008) . i have been quote on a $20 difference between these 2 models.i not sure which to choose. any bros here can advise and comments ??

Prefer Mitsubishi if there is only $20 difference between Panasonic Inverter & Mitsubishi Starmex.

Joevyis

Reaction score
Hi all,

Need some advice regarding my 10+ yr old system 3 Toshiba aircon. The fan coil model is RAS-10NKX. The pcb module had spoiled 4 yrs back n was replaced. Now the FC failed recently and cannot be turned on.

Is there a new FC model that is compatible with the current system or should I replace the whole system?

TIA.

You can choose to replace FCU only if seldom use and if CU still working good or either replace whole system. Up to you:)

Joevyis

Reaction score

thanks.

The price are about the same between Gain City, Courts & you can try Best Denki.
Are you looking for the price with installation included? Then you should check for warranty / terms and conditions & etc.

badkham07

Reaction score
thanks to all bro for advices.

may I also know what's the difference between insulflex and armaflex piping? are they just different brand, and both are ok?

Joevyis

Reaction score

may I also know what's the difference between insulflex and armaflex piping? are they just different brand, and both are ok?

Different in quality, quality for Armaflex more better than Insuflex.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Badkham07,

Supposedly both are just different brandings of insulation.
There are many brands available in the market.

You will be able to find more info via the specifications of the 2 brands below:

Armaflex

http://www.armacell.com/WWW/armacell/ACwwwAttach.nsf/ansFiles/ClassOArmaflexUKROI.pdf/$File/ClassOArmaflexUKROI.pdf

Insuflex
http://www.insulflex.com.my/specifications/InsulflexSpecification.pdf

The main concern for aircon insulation should be the water absorption and the water vapour diffusion resistance factor more then the fire retardency factors.

If you are to compare the specifications of Armaflex and Insulflex, you will find that basically in terms of water absorbtion and diffusion resistance, Armaflex has a slight advantage. However do note that both uses different test methods to derive their test results.

Personally I would prefer Armaflex as compared to other brands.
Good Luck in your sourcing.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

zenfisher

Banned
Reaction score
hi guys!

I've engaged 'Acecool' for AC servicing last week, just wanna share their good services over here. They still cleaned up the floor after servicing even thou I stopped them bcos I've a helper at home. So, overall I had a great experience with them, no harm engaging their services in the future.

eenick

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm currently looking for Mit Starmex sys 4 inverter for my new BTO (3 rooms same size, living room bigger one).
Any recommendations on who I should go to and rough price gauge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.