HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #3091

To blackice84,

The 3/4 is too big, so use 1/2 is normal for the last part.
Old 17-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #3092
Master Member

To blackice84,

The 3/4 is too big, so use 1/2 is normal for the last part.
thanks!!
Old 17-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #3093

Hi need some advise, my MBR blower unit yesterday started blowing normal air instead of cold air. Went to do some research online and tested all my blowers and the outdoor unit. The outdoor unit's will hum and shuts off after 5 sec when i switch my MBR blower unit on but for my other blower the outdoor unit will operate normally and blows cold air. So it could be capacitor or compressor.

Today got a aircon repair company to come down check and he tested by changing capacitor and the problem persist and concluded that the compressor for the MBR blower gone case need to change.

Here is the advise i need. The tech told me my (coming 3yr old) samsung sys compressor has 5 year compressor warranty but samsung will carrot me on the labour and transportation charges even though compressor free.

So what wanted to know how much probably samsung will carrot me and whether are there other alternatives such as repair company changing the compressor or whether changing the outdoor unit or buying recon?

Hope to keep the price / cost down, budget quite tight. Thanks in advance!
Old 18-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #3094

to winter85, call Samsung and enquire about pricing first.
If under compressor warranty, call the agent first.
Old 19-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #3095
Master Member

Hi all,

I need some advice on what to look out for when arranging for 2 trip installation.

Is it crucial to ensure that the exposed openings for the pipes are free of dust and contaminants?

If yes, What are the steps to be take to do this protection?

Is it advisable to have 2 drain pipes for System 3 instead of 1? (1 drain pipe for the MBR unit and 1 for the 2 units operating at the other 2 rooms?

Thanks!
Old 19-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #3096

The exposed piping usually they will tape it up.
So no worries.

The drain pipes, if have 2 will be more ideal, if possible.
Old 19-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #3097

hi, currently i have a system 4, but now for one of the room thatg is not aircon, we need to install one, so you think i can install a single unit, thus if yes i would have 2 compressor on the aircon ledge, can the ledge support it ?

Also possoible to recommend a good aircon man to install and buy from ?

Thanks
Old 20-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #3098
Master Member

ME or MHI? Pls help!!
Old 21-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #3099

To install 2 compressor in the same house/flat will depends on the type of location u r staying in.
Old 22-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #3100
Master Member

The exposed piping usually they will tape it up.
So no worries.

The drain pipes, if have 2 will be more ideal, if possible.
Thanks for the advice!
Old 25-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #3101

Unhappy my experience with Midea

inverter system 3 from courts installed in 31 may 2012.
2 stop cooling now

about the aircon
there are 4 modes, auto, cool, dry, fan
if you lower the temperature on cool, you will hear some noises.
normally it is quite one and cold enough for a 4NG GDB flat's master bedroom.
It is cheap but better choose Japanese brand if you can afford.
Old 25-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #3102

Hi need some advise, my MBR blower unit yesterday started blowing normal air instead of cold air. Went to do some research online and tested all my blowers and the outdoor unit. The outdoor unit's will hum and shuts off after 5 sec when i switch my MBR blower unit on but for my other blower the outdoor unit will operate normally and blows cold air. So it could be capacitor or compressor.

Today got a aircon repair company to come down check and he tested by changing capacitor and the problem persist and concluded that the compressor for the MBR blower gone case need to change.

Here is the advise i need. The tech told me my (coming 3yr old) samsung sys compressor has 5 year compressor warranty but samsung will carrot me on the labour and transportation charges even though compressor free.

So what wanted to know how much probably samsung will carrot me and whether are there other alternatives such as repair company changing the compressor or whether changing the outdoor unit or buying recon?

Hope to keep the price / cost down, budget quite tight. Thanks in advance!
2 things!
The fact that the other rooms are cold means the compressor itself is working fine.

What usually happens is the valve that directs coolant to the correct fan-coil/room is kaput.

However, in your case, since the compressor itself shutdown, seems to indicate a control problem - aka the dreaded motherboard problem. For some reason, most motherboards are NEVER in stock => necessitating a complete compressor replacement.

Question: If you turn on the MBR as well as another room, does the compressor turn off?

This happened this year to my six-mth old Samsung - finally got the compressor changed FOC as it was less than 1 year old.

From my experience, the usually going rate for 'labor' under warranty is around $500, regardless of which company it comes from (my last bill was from Daikin). Could be higher now (inflation).

Let us know how it goes.

Last edited by richard_lim; 25-10-2012 at 04:01 PM..
Old 26-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #3103
Master Member

Anyone using a single split aircon? Want to know the monthly electricity bill to consider changing my single window unit as my monthly electricity bill is more then $150+ when used.
Old 26-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #3104

I am thinking of replacing my existing 10 year old National air cond with a Panasonic system 3. Cannot decide between inverter or conventional system. My priority is reliability as I did not have any problem with the existing unit after all these years until now. I understand inverter system can be cheaper in terms of electricity bill, but how reliable is the system and is the temperature regulation as good the conventional system? Appreciate the feedback.
Old 27-10-2012, 01:25 AM   #3105

to ice_kacang,

Inverter should be able to save 20-30% based on similar usage patterns.
Temp regulation, should be more comfortable as compressor can run @ different speeds instead of fixed speed for conventional system.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.