HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #3166
High Supremacy Member

Fan speed if set low will cause condensation esp when your fancoil is dirty (lower airflow rate)

Best (Imo) is higher fan speed for better air distribution and temp as per your required (23-25 is cooling enough for most people)
Ok will try that out. Thanks.
Old 25-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #3167
Supremacy Member

Hi terumo, thanks for your reply.

So i managed to get the installer to come back and check.
They showed me that the system's total current is 8.4A indicated on the outdoor panel. So when we turn on 1unit, the ampere reading was 2.96ish. We then turn on all 3 units and the amp reading climbed to 8 sometimes hitting 9A.

The R410a pressure was 120psi when we started the 1st unit then slowly climb to around 148psi after we turned on all 3 fcus.

He then used a laser pointer temperature reader to check the
FCU temp. At 24 setting, the temp measured started at 23 deg and went down to 20 after few mins. We then lowered the temp from 24 to 20 and it reported 19. I then ask him to set at 18 and we finally able to achieve 16 at the coil.

He showed me moisture (sweating) forming from the outdoor unit. He also told me that different brands of aircon blow out air choppy vs smooth so we might experience it as stronger or weaker airflow.

So in summary, he advised me to try setting at 21 instead of sticking with 24 and see if it improves. if not i can request for daikin engineers to come down to verify and write a report of the system.

Im still debating if i should call Daikin to come down and verify. Warranty card havent sent yet.
Bro, mind sharing your installer? Sounds like they are at least responsible and willing to do all kinds of checks and troubleshooting. I am going to buy a new inverter unit this weekend and need recommendations.

Thanks in advance!
Old 26-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #3168

To caishenye,

I agree, the most important is the installer must be responsible and willing to come back for follow up visit when necessary.
Old 27-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #3169
Master Member

Hi Terumo,
Mind to share which will u intro for a new air con to replace my current one as its already 13yrs old and my mum wanna change.
3Bedrooms in total
1 BR - 10hrs daily
1 BR - 1-2times per week
1 BR - wont be using for the time being
Mum feel like changing to inverter for savings of electricity bill, thus pls advise if its advisable as per usage above. Many thanks... cheers!
Old 28-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #3170

Hi, i have purchase a 4room flat with system 3 inverter aircon. Didnt check whether it working when purchase.

the aircon are blowing hot air not cold. Get a technician to check, was told that motor not working which i assume is the compressor(should be 1 right?) and possible a pcb not working, seems big issue to solve, he also no confident. recommend to either get Mit service ppl to come dn as they got everything from their coy or to change the whole aircon.

will it be expensive as compressor and pcb board both are down if he diagnose correctly and to get from mit electric? if assume changing compressor, the compressor are warranty for 5 years? or better to get a whole new aircon? or repair?

need some recommendation. Read abt forum, that inverter save eletric but from the advise of the tech better to get the non inverter type as there are more PCB in inverter means more problem. truth?

i read that non inverter will have a shorter compressor life as it on and off the compressor when it reach a certain temp? so how will a company still warranty a compressor for 5years when it have shorter life?

R22 refrigerrant are cheaper and better to maintain than 410? still can last another 5 years.
Old 28-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #3171

Hi Terumo,

Wanted to get your opinion on LG air-con. I was told recently by a salesman that LG is getting more and more reliable and the compressor for LG air-con is made in Korea as compared to the rest of the other air-con brands save for Toshiba which is made in Thailand. Do you happen to come across any bad reviews for LG air-con?

Thanks.
Old 28-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #3172

Don't the remarks 'getting more and more reliable' already hint at something?

The salesman is clearly trying to tell u that they are not there yet.
Old 29-12-2012, 01:48 AM   #3173

aircon not cold anymore means... its out of coolant?
Old 29-12-2012, 05:13 AM   #3174
High Supremacy Member

Hi Terumo,

Wanted to get your opinion on LG air-con. I was told recently by a salesman that LG is getting more and more reliable and the compressor for LG air-con is made in Korea as compared to the rest of the other air-con brands save for Toshiba which is made in Thailand. Do you happen to come across any bad reviews for LG air-con?

Thanks.
salesman talk lah. dun get a specific brand promoter to serve u. get a neutral one who can sell all brands.
Old 29-12-2012, 05:14 AM   #3175
High Supremacy Member

I just bought a Fujitsu System 3 Inverter from Courts. Hope its as good as my old Starmex non-inverter.

Price came with all pipings and 5 year extended warranty...
is the price good? i thought courts aircon pricing is not really that competitive in the market...
Old 30-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #3176

To itsmylife82,

If u r considering LG, i will suggest Panasonic within the same price range which is better in terms of qualtiy. (IMO)
Old 30-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #3177

Terumo,

Thanks for the recommendation for Panasonic. I was looking at Panasonic CS-S9NKZWx4+CU3S27MKZ for 3 bedrooms and a study. Was just concerned that the cover is flimsy and will cause noise at night. Have you come across this fancoil before?

Any feedback from any bros regarding this particular indoor coil unit CS-S9NKZW would be much appreciated especially if the flimsy cover causes excessive noise.
Old 30-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #3178

salesman talk lah. dun get a specific brand promoter to serve u. get a neutral one who can sell all brands.

Yeah was taken in by the salesman talk at Gain City. I went in with the intention to get Daikin, ME or Panasonic after reading this forum. But the salesperson was trying to sway me from the Panasonic one as he said many customer were complaining about the flimsy cover as I asked him why it was so cheap. FYI a Panasonic system 4 was going at 3099 including installation and you can get $80 rebate for each old fan coil trade in. The Panasonic was really cheaper by 800 to 1k compared to ME and Daikin. LG was in between so I itchy but he promised i can still change.
Old 31-12-2012, 02:12 AM   #3179
Arch-Supremacy Member

my aircon fren told me NOT to get system3 or 4.
if space is not a problem, money not a problem, get a system 1 for each room.
sure can last many many many years, if cannot i can chop his head.

system 3 or 4, the compressor got to work very hard - overwork....kaputz
Old 31-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #3180
High Supremacy Member

In my very early post, i bought a system 4 mit starmex inverter. I think that was back in 2008. Now it's 2012 moving to 2013 by tomortow. No complains so far. Never had any breakdown on me. 4 times a year servicing...chemicals and steam wirks fine. As for the temp, i set it to 24 and the fan set to auto. Heavy usage too due to me having tenants occupying the two common room. I practically used mine everyday.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.